How Would U Remake "Game Of Death"?

C-$

Sidekick
Reaction score
I'm a big Bruce Lee fan and earlier today I was watching clips of Game Of Death on youtube. Unfortunately the director of the Game Of Death didn't use the lost footage of that Bruce Lee had filmed before he died and instead made a crappy ass movie. I feel like we owe it to Bruce Lee to remake his dream project the right way. I know it would be hard to make a true Bruce Lee film w/o Bruce Lee but I would love for a director who's a very passionate Bruce Lee fan to attempt it.

If a remake of Game Of Death was going to happen, How would you like to see it remade? What actor would you want as the lead actor ect?

at the moment, there isn't any new martial arts stars from China that would be suitable yet, maybe in a few years.

At the moment, there is only Jet Li and Jackie Chan.

The person who they should do a Game Of Death Remake with is Tony Jaa, even though his style is not Kung Fu.

But yeah, Jet Li is probably the biggest star in martial arts movies and so he would be the logical choice, unless there is a newcomer we haven't heard of yet.

There's no point remaking Game of Death or any other Bruce Lee movies.

These movies were simply showcases for Bruce Lee. That's all they were.

the only person that could have done it would have been brandon lee.

alas, another tragedy.

I agree, nobody can replicate Bruce Lee. Not in a million years.
It would also be unfair to compare any new guy to Bruce Lee.

I mean how can you compete with the master of Kung Fu?

No one should ever attempt to touch Bruce Lee's films..

EVER.

How can you re-make a movie that was never made? The Game of Death released in 1978 was NOT the movie, Lee intended to make.

How can you re-make a movie that was never made? The Game of Death released in 1978 was NOT the movie, Lee intended to make.

How would you complete the movie Lee intended to make?

How would you complete the movie Lee intended to make?

By actually using the script that Bruce Lee wrote. Lee's Game of Death was about him fighting his way through a pagoda. In each level he faced an opponent with a different fighting style. Like Kevin Roegele said above the point of the movie was to showcase Lee's fighting style. He wanted to prove that Jeet Kune Do was the best martial arts method. The Game of Death that was released in 1978 was about a martial arts actor changing his identity to find those who tried to kill him.

By actually using the script that Bruce Lee wrote. Lee's Game of Death was about him fighting his way through a pagoda. In each level he faced an opponent with a different fighting style. Like Kevin Roegele said above the point of the movie was to showcase Lee's fighting style. He wanted to prove that Jeet Kune Do was the best martial arts method. The Game of Death that was released in 1978 was about a martial arts actor changing his identity to find those who tried to kill him.

Sounds good to me.

I'm not much into remakes, but Game of Death merits a remake.

I can't even watch the movie all the way since the actor they used to fill in for Bruce Lee was horrible.

at the moment, there isn't any new martial arts stars from China that would be suitable yet, maybe in a few years.

At the moment, there is only Jet Li and Jackie Chan.

The person who they should do a Game Of Death Remake with is Tony Jaa, even though his style is not Kung Fu.

Uggggggggh Stephen Chow.

I'm a big Bruce Lee fan aswell, but I don't think Game of Death needs a remake. Enter the Dragon is having a remake though, and the title will be "Awaken the Dragon."

by hiring a music video director, a first time screen writer and the most popular young stars on television today to play the lead roles. Not to mention having a hip and ultra cool soundtrack. :up:

It's funny picking out the sloppy voice dubbing and the two obvious different actors who were portraying Bruce Lee because neither of them are even muscular as Bruce.

by hiring a music video director, a first time screen writer and the most popular young stars on television today to play the lead roles. Not to mention having a hip and ultra cool soundtrack. :up:

I'd buy that for a dollar!

buyfordollar.jpg

I'm not much into remakes, but Game of Death merits a remake.

I can't even watch the movie all the way since the actor they used to fill in for Bruce Lee was horrible.

Bruce Lee Fill In-"You lose Carl Miller"!

That line is so lame but hilarious! :woot:

I think a modern remake would be very cool. My thinking is that the lead role should go to a major star that can fight, rather than a true martial artist. I would like to see someone like Taylor Lautner, Tom Cruise, Johnny Depp, Ashton Kutcher. The fight opponents adversaries could be casted as professional and Olympic athletes. Be really hot to see anyone of those actors taking on an athlete like Tom Brady, Michael Phelps, Dwight Howard, Tiger Woods. Each opponent would have a different style emphasizing either strength, or speed, or skill. I think it would be huge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"