‘Enter the Dragon’ remake

Why are they touching a classic?

And is there going to be race swapping with Bruce Lee's character? Obviously they won't make him white, but maybe black, Latino or middle eastern?

I can't see this doing well. The original is a showcase for Bruce Lee.

And will it be set in modern times or in the 70s when martial arts first hit and during the blaxploitation era? I guess they won't have the iconic Lalo Schiffrin soundtrack and theme.

There's been talk of an Enter the Dragon Remake for years.

I don't get it either. Just make a new martial arts film in a similar vein.

But Hollywood is so fresh out of original ideas they got to grasp at whatever they can to try and make money.

There are a handful of classic films that really just shouldn't be touched IMO and this is one of them. Just......

........NO.

To hopefully build a better movie around that if folks say this is the easiest one to do-over. Personally, my only frame of reference is an episode from Jackie Chan Adventures.

People don't generally care about the movie for story or plot. It's not like, if they created a wonderfully acted Oscar winning drama with plenty of heartfelt, touching moments but no martial arts, that people would think it fully justifies the reason for it being remade.

It's not like even some well-known Kung Fu action star wants to remake this either as a showcase for their own abilities.

If the director just gets someone to act the part and then has a choreographer teach them how to fight, it all seems rather pointless.

The original was to highlight Bruce Lee's skill, with a plot built around that.

People don't generally care about the movie for story or plot. It's not like, if they created a wonderfully acted Oscar winning drama with plenty of heartfelt, touching moments but no martial arts, that people would think it fully justifies the reason for it being remade.

It's not like even some well-known Kung Fu action star wants to remake this either as a showcase for their own abilities.

If the director just gets someone to act the part and then has a choreographer teach them how to fight, it all seems rather pointless.

The original was to highlight Bruce Lee's skill, with a plot built around that.
Isn't that most Bruce Lee movies in general?
The same even applies to John Wick to an extent.

Again, all that justifies this one compared to the rest of his filmography as being easier to remake.

I don't see how it'd be pointless if the director in question is David Leitch should he decide not to get a trained martial artist to play Lee.

I always thought Mortal Kombat was a remake of Enter the Dragon...just an other-worldly fantastical remake.

I think a better idea would have been to attempt to actually produce a finished GAME OF DEATH or CIRCLE OF IRON according to the notes of Bruce. I could easily get behind that idea over an out and out remake of DRAGON.

I think a better idea would have been to attempt to actually produce a finished GAME OF DEATH or CIRCLE OF IRON according to the notes of Bruce. I could easily get behind that idea over an out and out remake of DRAGON.
Yes. Its like the Raid, without guns. :o

You coud watch a trilogy of this.

Game of Death

The Raid

Dredd.

There's only one man that could conceivably take over for Bruce Lee.....Christopher Plummer.

I'd much rather see David Leitch just do another original movie or start a new franchise like John Wick.

Isn't that one of the strengths of John Wick? They just created their own new action movie franchise about hitmen and assassins and the criminal underworld?

Given the momentum Leitch has right now, this could be the kinda film to a) reinvigorate the martial arts movie genre and b) launch some careers if it's similarly used as showcase.

Certainly seems interesting.

"Be water my friend"-Bruce Lee ... Thus was born Water Man

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"