How would X-Men be rebooted?

The size changing seems pretty expensive, plus he can turn his hands into various weapons right? That sounds expensive.

Size changing isn't. It might have been expensive 25 years ago when 'Honey I Shrunk The Kids' was made, but nowadays it's super cheap.

Turning hands into weapons is only expensive if you show it in detail all the time. After the first change, you do it with flash cuts, if he even uses that power at all, much less often.

Except a lot of the characters have powers that could easily eat up a budget. Cyclops's eye beams, those are pretty expensive, Ice Man can't ice up, that would too expensive. Part of the reason why Cyclops got a reduced role in X-2, is because his powers were expensive.

Iceman is a character that would be expensive, I agree. His powers would have to be changed form turning into a CGI character making huge ice constructs constantly. Once you make that change to prosthetics and ice blasts, he's quite affordable, as he was in the X-Men films. You don't change Iceman's story one bit, you just change his visuals.

Cyclops' eye beams are actually very cheap, it's the damage they do that's expensive. You handle that by giving Cyclops what he has in comics now with the attitude he had in the beginning and in the X-Men anime: being truly and justifiably afraid to use his powers. Cyclops is a nuke, a last resort with catastrophic consequences for everyone. That's the X-Men story. If you follow it, he's affordable.

I don't believe for one minute that was the reason Cyclops had a reduced role in X-2.

You are still putting against a lot of characters with powers that would eat up a budget in no time. Not mention Phoenix's powers, not the telepathy, but the fiery bird effect, would be really expensive, would more expensive then Blackwater. Phoenix destroying a star system, pretty expensive. A character with god like powers is going to be expensive.

I don't think you are being realistic in terms of what you can do on a budget,

Unless Phoenix never really uses her powers in the show, you can't tell the Phoenix Saga on a TV budget. I think it would end up looking terrible if they tried it and who knows how many bottle episodes they would have to make to recoup their budget.

I'm being very realistic about what can be done. You're being unrealistic about how many visuals from comics need to be reproduced to do the X-Men justice. You seem to think Phoenix lit up all the time is 'doing the X-Men justice' whereas I think showing the Phoenix in costume in different parts of the universe experiencing a range of emotions dealing with a range of people and having a real natural emotional journey is doing the X-Men justice, even if she only uses her tv-affordable powers to do so, much less if we actually see the firebird once or twice.

For instance, Phoenix destroying a star system. This is a very expensive shot that might be twenty seconds long. Maybe. Outside of that, it's just another episode of the crazy inexpensive Star Trek. It doesn't compare to an hour long mutli-front battle with hundreds of extras that starts with a huge explosion.

She wouldn't have the fiery bird effect constantly like she did in comics, true. So? What if she only used it twice? Only sixty seconds of Phoenix Bird form for the whole season? Isn't that a better Phoenix than trying to cram a huge story into two hours just so you can show her Phoenix Bird form for ten minutes?

Like you said, her other powers are easily doable on a TV budget, it's just the fiery bird form. You limit that and all of a sudden you have ZERO problems.

The level of special effects to tell the story of the X-Men well on TV, simply do not exist. Can you name a TV show as special effect laden as the one you are proposing?

There are some super heroes that can work on a TV budget, the X-Men are not in that group.

Smallville, Heroes, LOST, Rome, Terra Nova. Heck, Star Trek or Buffy on a good year.

it shouldn't be expensive to do the X-men powers

Cyclops --- is essentially a lazer blast with other effects added to it. It's the most basic science fiction spfx

Jean --- telekinetic/telepathy are easy

Angel ---- again easy...prosthetics and flying effects

Beast ---- go with human looking Hank and prosthetics

Iceman --- would be the most problematic and involve cgi...however DS9 had a character that had CGI powers

Iceman's actually pretty easy too, don't turn him into snow, just let him look normal but with the ability to create ice. I think Angel would be the most expensive one to pull off due to having to make him fly him with his wings realistically, though that could be easily saved for certain ocasions.

X-Men is pretty easy for tv, in fact, it's almost made for tv. So many tv shows that had to use similar concepts, like Mutant X, Heroes and Alphas.

Either way, i like most of DrCosmic's ideas, expecially his upgrade on Magneto's background, he was really needing one, and the one you came up with fits perfectly, amazing job. Though i would rather get the first 3 years about the original team and then a possible time skip than get Wolverine and all the uncanny era mutants in Season 2 already.

If i had to map out the first 3 seasons, i would take from the first 66 issues, right before the magazine started to reprint previous stories, First Class comics, the Hidden years and other x-men origin stories. With big bads being:

Season 1: Magneto
Season 2: Juggernaut until the second half when the humans take action and the villains are the Sentinels
Season 3: Magneto again, taking a much bigger stand and revealing to quicksilver and scarlet witch that he is their father.

To fix certain loose threads, like how the Government didn't know about Xavier or take any action, i would have them backing up the X-Men in season 1, and then in Season 2 when the situation of Mutants is more widelly spread, they cut their ties with Xavier.

Doing Apocalypse or a proper Dark Pheonix saga on a TV budget isn't impossible at all. Sure, you'd have do redo a few things here and there, but it wouldn't be an insurmountable problem.

Iceman's actually pretty easy too, don't turn him into snow, just let him look normal but with the ability to create ice. I think Angel would be the most expensive one to pull off due to having to make him fly him with his wings realistically, though that could be easily saved for certain ocasions.

X-Men is pretty easy for tv, in fact, it's almost made for tv. So many tv shows that had to use similar concepts, like Mutant X, Heroes and Alphas.

Either way, i like most of DrCosmic's ideas, expecially his upgrade on Magneto's background, he was really needing one, and the one you came up with fits perfectly, amazing job. Though i would rather get the first 3 years about the original team and then a possible time skip than get Wolverine and all the uncanny era mutants in Season 2 already.

If i had to map out the first 3 seasons, i would take from the first 66 issues, right before the magazine started to reprint previous stories, First Class comics, the Hidden years and other x-men origin stories. With big bads being:

Season 1: Magneto
Season 2: Juggernaut until the second half when the humans take action and the villains are the Sentinels
Season 3: Magneto again, taking a much bigger stand and revealing to quicksilver and scarlet witch that he is their father.

To fix certain loose threads, like how the Government didn't know about Xavier or take any action, i would have them backing up the X-Men in season 1, and then in Season 2 when the situation of Mutants is more widelly spread, they cut their ties with Xavier.

I don't think I want the first three seasons of the show having Magneto/Juggernauts as only the "big bads".

I prefer it this way:

Season 1: Brotherhood/Magneto/Sentinels
Season 2: Mr. Sinister/Marauders
Season 3: Apocalypse/Horsemen
Season 4: Bastion/Shadow King
Season 5: Onslaught

The first order of business would be to make sure Bryan singer stays far, far away from the project.

From a reboot? Yes, because a reboot shouldn't have the same creative minds, but if you're implying that his work on the X-Men franchise up until now wasn't good, then you have to rewatch those movies again.

From a reboot? Yes, because a reboot shouldn't have the same creative minds, but if you're implying that his work on the X-Men franchise up until now wasn't good, then you have to rewatch those movies again.

:up::applaud

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"