Reboots?

Artistsean

Monkey Boy
Reaction score
OK, so Marvel has gone through 3 Spider-Mans +1 already, 4 (or 5) X-Men films maybe +2, 3 Iron Mans, one its way to 2 Thors, 2 Captain Americas, 1 Avengers film, and 1 Guardians of the Galaxy on its way, (but will eventually be 3 of everything).
3 is usually the magic number, then they get rebooted in most superhero franchises. So,
if your favorite franchise from Marvel had to be rebooted, what would you be OK with? What would be acceptable for you?
Would you be OK with Tony Stark being made younger? Like a 25 year old? Would you be fine with Captain America being from a different war originally? Would you be fine with the Hulk being a mutant?

(Personally I don't want them to reboot anything, just keep it going like James Bond)
But this is Just for fun and out of curiosity.

There's also two Ghost Rider movies, two Punisher movies, two FF movies and a Daredevil movie. I may be forgetting some others too.

Fox has already stated their intentions to reboot the FF franchise, which was underwhelming IMO. If it were me, I'd love to see a Ghost Rider reboot at some point because I never felt those films did the characters any justice.

it depends. the fox movies def. need a reboot asap. with someone in charge who knows what he does. the spidey reboot was horrible so sony should never attempt to do it again. marvel studios and the mcu, I don't see reboots happen. that's like rebooting marvel comics in 1965.

I'm happy with a reboot after 10 years or so as long as they don't go for the cliche of darker and more gritty.

I didn't mind it with Spider-man, since the Raimi films were so corny.

Spider-man can be rather dark and gritty.

The Amazing Spider-Man proved to be a total waste of time, so I am hoping that other studios will learn from this example and NOT do a senseless reboot just because there has been a change of creative teams.

At least Marvel has stated that they would go the Bond route with Iron Man - so let's hope they are true to their word.

I don't think Captain America works if he's from a different war, that's part of the reason Stan ignored 10 plus years of continuity with the character and brought him back almost exactly from the point Jack Kirby left off with him [of course, Jack was the real writer of most of these stories anyway].

Likewise, Hulk as a mutant is a totally different animal and at least Marvel has shown they understand that it is not necessary to start from scratch just because they have a slightly different take on the character.

I am waiting to see what Fox does with the FF - they could easily just move ahead with the next FF and not waste valuable screen time rehashing one of the few decent things of their first attempt. I guess we will know soon enough...

I'm glad that its already 2013 and X-Men has yet to face a reboot. Like seriously, out of all the Marvel films that were released from 1998 to 2007, they are already being rebooted or they are already over except for the X-Men.

I think X-Men should continue at least until the next decade. Their films just need to have a great story.

The Amazing Spider-Man proved to be a total waste of time, so I am hoping that other studios will learn from this example and NOT do a senseless reboot just because there has been a change of creative teams.

At least Marvel has stated that they would go the Bond route with Iron Man - so let's hope they are true to their word.

:up:

While I wasn't a big fan of the Raimi films, I do think the entire retelling of Spider-man origin story was rather unnecessary.

Hopefully it will pay off with the sequel, since they did at least take the time to set up some stuff.

Don't need to reboot Iron Man. Continue the stories even with a younger actor. Iron Man should progress forward, please don't backtrack.

As for rebooting other characters, let's just say Marvel have a lot more characters than the Avengers. Instead of reboot, diversify.

Marvel has already said they have no intention of rebooting the MCU. The only reboots they'll do are with previously done properties they've reacquired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"