How do you think the X-Men will be introduced into the MCU?

a user

Civilian
Reaction score
Deadpool's clearly NOT going to be rebooted, and the Fantastic Four clearly WILL. What about the X-Men, though (if it hasn't already been confirmed)?

Hugh Jackman made Wolverine the iconic character he is, much in the way Robert Downey Jr made Iron Man the face of the MCU. Disney would be foolish to recast him. You could argue the same about Patrick Stewart as Professor Xavier.

I know they both died at the end of Logan, but in the world of CBMs, there's always a loophole that could bring them back.

Hugh Jackman made Wolverine the iconic character he is, much in the way Robert Downey Jr made Iron Man the face of the MCU. Disney would be foolish to recast him. You could argue the same about Patrick Stewart as Professor Xavier.

I know they both died at the end of Logan, but in the world of CBMs, there's always a loophole that could bring them back.

They both wanted to retire from their characters, did they not?

Hugh said Tom Hardy had his blessing for a Wolverine recast. I think he could pull it off.

Rebooted just like Spider-Man. I don’t see anything else happening. Re: Jackman and Stewart.... I guess you could have brought back Tobey Maguire, Rosemary Harris and JK Simmons because they were definitive in those roles! Except that’s not what happened.

Sentimentalism won’t play into it, like Iger said, there just can’t be two Marvels.

Marvel cancels Daredevil but they'll keep the actors from a different studio with a very convoluted continuity? Please stop this noise.

Deadpool has a chance to remain as Ryan Reynolds due to his fourth wall breaking nature, but everyone else will be recast for sure.

What I find the more interesting question is how they will introduce mutants into this world in this stage. Were they always there but we just didn't see them? Are X-genes just now naturally manifesting for the first time in history? Will there be a big event similar to the Terrigenisis Bomb for Inhumans or the reverse of "no more mutants" that will explain why they are suddenly appearing everywhere?

I say:

Pick the same 'Dark Phoenix' cast and trasfer it into the MCU with a rebooted backstory and new costumes. It will be cool.

-------------------------->

My X-Men movie timelines. All errors fixed. Sebastian Shaw (First Class) was a time traveler:
X-CONTINUITY

when has Marvel done such a mess of a move?
Marvel takes care of their audience, avoiding unneeded confusion. That idea is the opposite of their approach to their universe.

Unless they want to use X-23 as Wolverine instead of Logan in MCU; I think it’s safe to say they’ll eventually recast Wolvie. It won’t be for a while though. Frankly, I never cared much for Jackman in the role & I would prefer him to be recast as well as Xavier(Patrick Stewart is great but it’s time to move on). I want to see to new actors play new versions exclusive to the world of the MCU not backpedal by integrating the Fox-versions we’re all already familiar with. That’s a regression instead of progression, imo.

They'll be rebooted for sure, but I don't know how the characters themselves will be introduced into continuity. Why are they persecuted when others aren't? How can the public tell the difference between mutants and those who have gained super powers externally to themselves and not via a gene?

They'll be rebooted for sure, but I don't know how the characters themselves will be introduced into continuity. Why are they persecuted when others aren't? How can the public tell the difference between mutants and those who have gained super powers externally to themselves and not via a gene?
They'll all have this by birth.
52af11567b1404c8227c3ec9696a39ec.jpg

They both wanted to retire from their characters, did they not?

Hugh said Tom Hardy had his blessing for a Wolverine recast. I think he could pull it off.
I imagine Tom Hardy would have most people’s blessing.

I watched Venom yesterday. I honestly dont know what the hell Tom was thinking accepting that role, yiiikes

I agree about RDJ making IM the icon he is today, but I disagree about Wolverine. Jackman did a great job with him, but Wolverine was already iconic before he took the role. It would be like saying Michael Keaton or Christian Bale are responsible for making Batman the icon he is today. Sure, they did great in the roles of Batman, but Batman was already iconic before they played him.

Well Hugh did play Wolverine far longer than Bale played Batman (or Maguire played Spider-Man) Whenever most people think of Wolverine, I would assume Jackman is the first thing to come to mind.

He played the role for close to 18 years. Starting in 2000's X-Men, then X2, Last Stand, Origins, The Wolverine, DOFP, and Logan.

From a business standpoint, not getting Jackman onboard seems a little foolish, especially given how much money Disney forked over to gain the rights to the character.

The idea of Jackman and Stewart meeting up with the current cast of Avengers in a future film is a lot more exciting for me as a fan than if somebody else were to take over the roles of the X-Men.

From a business standpoint, not getting Jackman onboard seems a little foolish, especially given how much money Disney forked over to gain the rights to the character.

I disagree. If Marvel was making a single movie and they had the choice between getting Jackman as Wolverine or a new face then sure, you would be right. But in the MCU? This is a series with a long continuity that you would want to keep separate from other distinct versions. A series that goes on for a long time where you want someone to be a major part of it for the next 5-15 years. They can't afford to get Jackman for a fun one-off crossover if that means not getting someone to play Wolverine for the next decade.

The idea of Jackman and Stewart meeting up with the current cast of Avengers in a future film is a lot more exciting for me as a fan than if somebody else were to take over the roles of the X-Men.

why are there fans that only mention Jackman and Stewart like if they were the only X-Men?
the X-Men is an iconic and big team, not just 2 actors (and I dont care about who have the most talent). The X-Men are a team

Reactions: CJ
why are there fans that only mention Jackman and Stewart like if they were the only X-Men?
the X-Men is an iconic and big team, not just 2 actors (and I dont care about who have the most talent). The X-Men are a team

Because the rest of the X-Men had minor roles. Stewart and Jackman were given the most focus in the X-Men movies, therefore the general audience is most familar with those two.

But I agree with your statement. I really would have liked to have seen more focus on other characters like Cyclops in the X-Men films.

my main point is: if Feige/Marvel Studios want to use (for some weird reason) Jackman and Stewart, they either bring all the x-men or none.

I cant stand a selective approach by any studio. Give me the whole team or just none.

It would be cool to see the Fox films characters crossing from an alternate reality or the realities merging (and Doctor Strange, in a wishful thinking kind of way, feels like maybe building to that) but it's a lot more likely that we'll just have a reboot, new versions debuting.

I'll never understand people's desire to see the Fox-versions merge with MCU. If I was Feige I would be interested in doing my own versions of the characters and not carry over someone else's versions from a dead universe.

This is the damage the X-Men movies have done to people's perception of what "X-Men" means. Everybody in the OT/DOFP/XA played second fiddle to either Wolverine and Charles/Erik or just Charles, Erik and Raven. The X-Men are supporting characters in their own movies.

I'll never understand people's desire to see the Fox-versions merge with MCU. If I was Feige I would be interested in doing my own versions of the characters and not carry over someone else's versions from a dead universe.

and even less Kinberg's versions lol. Feige is smarter than that, using those mediocre versions of such awesome characters with +50 years of great material.
Feige knows damm well he needs to give the general audience something more appealing and more faithful too.

This is the damage the X-Men movies have done to people's perception of what "X-Men" means. Everybody in the OT/DOFP/XA played second fiddle to either Wolverine and Charles/Erik or just Charles, Erik and Raven. The X-Men are supporting characters in their own movies.
are we expecting the X-Men to be spunoff in the MCU?

Not so much the X-Men specifically, but do you think we may see mutants in Captain Marvel 2? Specifically if S.W.O.R.D. or Alpha Flight becomes a thing. Maybe Abigail Brand or Aurora?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"