how would you feel if... (a DCCU discussion)

Steve Holt

STEVE HOLT!
Reaction score
there was no:
-New York but Metropolis instead
-Chicago but Gotham instead
-Cleveland but Central City
-San Diego but Coast City
-Detroit but Hub City instead
-San Fran but Star City
-Cinncinati but Keystone

etc etc, what are your thoughts, too many cities too ALSO be in the USA along with real cities.

BTW these aren't exact locations or anything, just examples

I would be fine with that I guess, we'd never see those other cities anyway.

I feel like spelling it out would be awkward and a waste of time. As the Llama said, we'd never see those cities at any rate, so what's the point in basically changing their names?

I also didn't realize that there's a limit on how many cities there can be. :huh:

seems like there should be a limit on MAJOR cities in the same places, would be a contrast to Marvel which is all real places.

there was no:
-San Fran but Star City
-Cinncinati but Keystone

etc etc, what are your thoughts, too many cities too ALSO be in the USA along with real cities.

You have Metropolis and Gotham confused. Gotham is supposed to be NYC, Metropolis is supposed to be Chicago.

I wouldn't mind it, but DC should release the map of the DCU version of the United States

You have Metropolis and Gotham confused. Gotham is supposed to be NYC, Metropolis is supposed to be Chicago.

cough "BTW these aren't exact locations or anything, just examples" cough

eh, they're both supposed to be nyc, but i get where he's getting at.

I'm down with it.

I don't like the idea of turning Gotham into Chicago. Gotham has always represented the dark side of New York in the same way Metropolis represents the bright side of New York. I prefer things to stay that way. This also represents the contrast between Batman and Superman. Gotham being turned into Chicago would not make it the same Gotham for me personally. As much as I liked Gotham in the Nolan films, I think the reboot should go back to a more NY oriented feel.

As for getting rid of the real world cities in the DCCU, I wouldn't personally mind it.

seems like there should be a limit on MAJOR cities in the same places, would be a contrast to Marvel which is all real places.

Aside from Gotham and Metropolis (and MAYBE Coast City), most of DC's cities are rarely, if ever, portrayed as MAJOR cities. Places like Star City and Central City are more a Milwaukee or Kansas City than a New York or Los Angeles.

I also don't see any instances where this will ever come up during a movie.

there was no:
-San Fran but Star City
-Cinncinati but Keystone

I don't think the DC Universe has eliminated those cities, but rather emphasized their fictional cities as major metropolitan areas. Chicago, New York, Cleveland, San Francisco, Detroit, Cincinnati and others still exist, but so do Metropolis, DE, Gotham City, NJ, Central City, MO, Hub City, IL, Star City, CA, and Keystone City, MO.

some people seem to be focusing on the wrong part of the discussion lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"