How would you prefer your favorite hero to die?

ElectroFlare

Mightiest Mortal
Reaction score
If death in the comics meant something, as in, they would never reappear, how would you want your favorite hero/heroine to die?

If hes my favorite, I wouldnt want them dead.

Closing....

I know its not, but the irreversible paradox contained within this thread causes all logic and presentation of said topic to be eliminated for its illogical from and demeanor are not within the realm of believability.

In a last blaze of glory fighting the arch-nemesis of course, and actually taking that bad guy out, or saving a building full of people from explosion or something with just enough time as they lay dying to say a few memorable last words like letting their family know they love them or telling others to carry on the good fight.

And...say...a guy that can create multiple versions of himself is?

It's just a question. Death of a hero can be a good story, especially if death means something.

And hey...you know you don't have to answer this thread if you don't want to answer that question...right?

To answer my question, I'd pick disease or natural causes, to show the hero is still mortal and risked his life whenever he fought for justice. A humbling event that many would not like, but when interperted or written correctly, can have a powerful effect.

If for some odd and irregular reason I wanted to see my favorite hero's demise, it shall be upon the most evil of villains that his mortality shall be revoked, for he shall within reason succumb to the debilitating effects of disease, the one act of villainy he cannot battle hand and foot against.

Darthphere said:
If for some odd and irregular reason I wanted to see my favorite hero's demise, it shall be upon the most evil of villains that his mortality shall be revoked, for he shall within reason succumb to the debilitating effects of disease, the one act of villainy he cannot battle hand and foot against.

Awesome way to word that. I gotta bone up on my big words. "Debilitating". I like that word.

suicide,

arch nemesis would also be nice, it's a shame that not many heroes tend to go out that way.

meh

Darthphere did you take a class in Medieval literature in college? I understand your point, I just like to think a hero's death ultimately *means* something, (romantic that I am,) and also I think since the point of heroes is they are constantly risking their lives doesn't it make sense that at SOME point the odds would catch up to them?

For the Punisher I would want a huge showdown with Jigsaw, the Kingpin and Bullseye with them just pummeling him and when he is beaten Kingpin picks him up by the throat and Frank just ***** a smile and hits a button and everything explodes. He was strapped with so much explosive it levels everything.

I would have preferred it was because of old age and after leading a fruitful life where people who looked up to him/her have taken up where he left off when he/she retired. Maybe have one of his old nemesis, still around but now is a good guy/gal thanks to the hero's example. The city unveils a building/museum/memorial for the fallen hero.

It was pretty cool how Starman/Ted Knight died, but it also saddened me how a person who could still have been a big part of the DCU and most especially his family's life had to be taken for saving his city. A bittersweet victory.

LadyMoira said:
Darthphere did you take a class in Medieval literature in college? I understand your point, I just like to think a hero's death ultimately *means* something, (romantic that I am,) and also I think since the point of heroes is they are constantly risking their lives doesn't it make sense that at SOME point the odds would catch up to them?
Usually it means that somewhere down the line another creative team is going to have to find a way to unkill him. <sigh>

if my union jack was to die i'd have him go kinda similar to the first UJ...the death of his nemesis and the mantle passed on once more...and the legend lives on..

if my union jack was to die i'd have him go kinda similar to the first UJ...the death of his nemesis and the mantle passed on once more...and the legend lives on..

That's what I'm talking about! The Barry Allen treatment all the way!

Captain Marvel had one of the best deaths ever, cancer.

Have something like a utility belt, cape, or quiver catching on fire while the hero is screaming "NOT LIKE THIS! NOT LIKE THIS!" while running around like an idiot until it explodes. The catch is that the hero could have easily taken whatever was on fire, off.

For Spidey, after all the crap he's had to deal with throughout his life, I wouldn't want to see him die in battle, he deserves better. He should be able to one day retire and live out his life with Mary Jane.

Some heroes though, you can't help but picture dying in battle. Guys like Punisher and Wolverine. It would probably be the way they'd want to go too, I can't picture a guy like Frank Castle just settling down and enjoying retirement.

hippie_hunter said:
Have something like a utility belt, cape, or quiver catching on fire while the hero is screaming "NOT LIKE THIS! NOT LIKE THIS!" while running around like an idiot until it explodes. The catch is that the hero could have easily taken whatever was on fire, off.

notlikethis.jpg

One way I can tell you we DON"T want our favorite characters to die is to have them go completely evil so the other good guys have to take them out. You know who I'm talking about!

But Daffy Duck never died, he kept getting shot and stuff but he kept coming back.

I would like to see Wolverine die in the following way:

Long after all humans and mutants have died, in fact long after the planet earth is no more the cosmic wanderer known as Wolverine is offered the opportunity to bring humanity back. The catch is he would have to sacrifice himself by allowing his Healing factor to be taken and used in the process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"