Comics How you became a Storm fan!

javon

Superhero
Reaction score
Hey everyone! Their was another thread titled '' How you became a x-men fan!''. So i switched and titled mine '' How you became a storm fan!''. Hop ya'll enjoy!

She's at her ultimate best in the comics. She's yet to reach her peak in the films (expected in X3) and I wasn't too keen on the voice acting in the cartoon.

Storm was one of the coolest, most riveting, interesting, and imo, important charachters in comics back in the 80's.

She's being COMPLETELY wasted now though. I guess at least they're not tampering with her past like SOME other charachters

was there a need to TRIPLE POST this? It clearly not a server error because the post is different. :confused: :down

The cartoon.

I first heard of the x-men from seeing the 1990 toybiz action figures in stores but all of the characters sounded kind of weird to me until the cartoon hit. Shortly after that, all of my friends and my younger brother got into comic books(as did I) and I started liking everyone.

Storm I had seen in toy stores but had no real interest in her. She just looked like a witch lady to me. Then I saw the toon and was like, "ooooh, Storm! mommy, daddy buy me one!"lol.

The Catoons! I loved Storm there, but still severely underused.

Just a question: in the cartoons Storm changed from normal clothes to her costume almost instantly by some sort of magic thing? How did she do that? See the episode in which Colossus first appears.

Blackpanther22 said:
The Catoons! I loved Storm there, but still severely underused.

Just a question: in the cartoons Storm changed from normal clothes to her costume almost instantly by some sort of magic thing? How did she do that? See the episode in which Colossus first appears.

Its supposed to be her lightning powers. Doesn't make much sense, but its a comic book.

Well,
the cartoon introduced me to all the X-men.
Storm's powers intrigued me, so I liked her a lot.
The comics made me love her.
My top three favorites are:
1)Gambit
2)Rogue
3)Storm

FieryBalrog said:
Its supposed to be her lightning powers. Doesn't make much sense, but its a comic book.

It's a form of teke actually. The lightning rearranges the unstable molecules of her clothing...similiar to what Phoenix has done in the past.

Lightning Strikez! said:
It's a form of teke actually. The lightning rearranges the unstable molecules of her clothing...similiar to what Phoenix has done in the past.

I thought it might have something to do with the unstable molecules, but how does she change into civilian clothing? I dont know much about the unstable molecules though maybe they can turn into street clothes.:confused:

I was never a fan of hers till I read her during the clarmont days. But I agree she does abosoultly nothing now.

Lightning Strikez! said:

Wow, thanks for that information. I din't know that.

FieryBalrog said:
I thought it might have something to do with the unstable molecules, but how does she change into civilian clothing? I dont know much about the unstable molecules though maybe they can turn into street clothes.:confused:

It is a form of teke like LS said, but it's more of an electron reconfiguration on an atomic level--a feat only reproducable by the Phoenix. Storm uses the lightning (electricity) that is hers to command and literally rearranges molecules and reforms them. It's pretty impressive when you think about it. :D

weatherwitch said:
It is a form of teke like LS said, but it's more of an electron reconfiguration on an atomic level--a feat only reproducable by the Phoenix. Storm uses the lightning (electricity) that is hers to command and literally rearranges molecules and reforms them. It's pretty impressive when you think about it. :D

:confused: :D

I think I'll stick by what I said before:

Doesn't make much sense, but its a comic book.

Kind of like how Magneto creates wormholes.

FieryBalrog said:
:confused: :D

I think I'll stick by what I said before:

Doesn't make much sense, but its a comic book.

Kind of like how Magneto creates wormholes.

Yes, and a cosmic bird of flames emblazing within a woman makes perfect sense. Consider it a side effect of Storm's mutation. :p

weatherwitch said:

If she can do that with clothes, then she can do it with metal objects as well (ships,vases,anything with metal) since thats a conductor for electricity.

Didn't it also have something to do with the costumes being Shi'ar tech and made of unstable molecules that she was able to use her lightning to transform them?

[edit] Nevermind, I've found pre-Shi'ar instances where she changed her costume.

javon said:
If she can do that with clothes, then she can do it with metal objects as well (ships,vases,anything with metal) since thats a conductor for electricity.

It has nothing to do with conducting electricity, and everything to do with manipulating atoms. She is taking atoms,and somehow she is manipulating them and changing them, creating cloth from air so to speak.

weatherwitch said:
It has nothing to do with conducting electricity, and everything to do with manipulating atoms. She is taking atoms,and somehow she is manipulating them and changing them, creating cloth from air so to speak.
Not to knock, but I think she can only do that if the articles of clothing she is wearing are made of unstable molecules. I don't believe she can zap a pair of levis and make them a sun dress.

Almighty Pejo said:
Not to knock, but I think she can only do that if the articles of clothing she is wearing are made of unstable molecules. I don't believe she can zap a pair of levis and make them a sun dress.

I'm not sure. I've seen her create clothes out of thin air to cover her nakedness...so who knows. Personally I don't care that she can dress herself with lightning. It's a neat parlor trick, but serves no real purpose.

This will seem kinda random, but I actually originally became a fan from the arcade game. She carried a frickin mace people! How could you not love that? That and the fact that she shot like, electric tornadoes at the bad guys. From that I went on to the comics then the movies and the rest is history.

weatherwitch said:
I'm not sure. I've seen her create clothes out of thin air to cover her nakedness...so who knows. Personally I don't care that she can dress herself with lightning. It's a neat parlor trick, but serves no real purpose.
I'd never seen her create clothing out of thin air, but rabidfanboy gave the above example, so I guess I'll have to read that book (oh, GOD! Not Claremont!!!) and see what I can gather from it. In the past examples I can think of, she usually made mention of unstable molecules. And it doesn't really serve much purpose other than looking cool (like when Jean spun around Muir Island for Lorna to lighten the mood), but it does come in handy in those situations where threats arise out of nowhere and they dont have time to change out o their street clothes (like when havok and the newly christened Polaris attacked the X-Men at the airport, or when Scott and Jean were trailing Dazzler and the Hellfire Goons came in from the ceiling).

I loved her in the old X-Men cartoon, and I also remember thinking she was cool in this old 90's Sega video game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"