Hugh Jackman on the Wolverine Prequel

Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.superherohype.com/news/featuresnews.php?id=4233

Source: Edward Douglas
May 12, 2006

Hugh Jackman has been working very hard in the last year or two, and the fruit of those labors will see the light in the next few months as he appears in three or four new movies. The first of these, of course, will be the third (and presumably final) chapter in the story of the Marvel mutants, X-Men: The Last Stand.

With the movie two weeks away from release, Jackman is already hard at work helping to develop the Wolverine prequel, currently being written by David Benioff (Troy). While doing an interview to talk about X-Men: The Last Stand, Jackman told SuperHeroHype! that he had been reading a lot of Logan's back story in the comics in preparation for the prequel, as well as updating on its progress.

"We have two drafts and David is going to do another draft, and then we'll find our director," he said. "I'm not going to make a decision until I have the script right, but I'll definitely look at Brett [Ratner]. I don't want Wolverine to appear to be ‘X-Men 4' in disguise; I don't want to make it stylistically the same. I want to do something different. That's my idea. Until we have the script, I don't really know who's right, but there's been a lot of interest from a lot of really amazing directors, so I'm really excited."

In the meantime, you can see Wolverine fight a fierce battle in the upcoming X-Men: The Last Stand, opening on May 26, and look for a full interview with Mr. Jackman sometime before then.

The person Hugh Jackman should be looking at is Bryan Singer to save the X-men franchise.

Singer loves the Wolverine character and expressed interest in directing the Wolverine movie.

As long as the movie is violent and has some cool Wolverine villains, It will get my ass in the seat.

Wolverine always was my fav marvel character, he is the only thing that made me see the first couple X-men films. and Jackman IS Wolverine, what an amazing choice, i'll be seeing this film for sure.

CapBeerCino said:
Do we really need a spin-off?

Why do you ask questions to which you already know the answer?

WHo said it was a Prequel!! Well I guess that is knew, but it should take place after the X-Men movies I think and have cameos from other characters.

CapBeerCino said:
Do we really need a spin-off?

Well, besides having Wolverine it seems we'll also be getting a Magneto spin-off. Mainly focusing on his early years as well....

This movie definitely needs Singer, Sabertooth, Deathstryke, Omega Red and bone claws.

They've already made two Wolverine flicks.

X-Men and X2 and probably X3.

Gilpesh said:
This movie definitely needs Singer, Sabertooth, Deathstryke, Omega Red and bone claws.

I am still skeptical of Singer.
He ruined Cyclops in the X-films.

..But I will hold my doubts until I see Ratner's X3.

I´m curious to see what they will get in terms of Wolvie´s origins... If it will be more like Weapon X, more like Origin... I guess it may draw elements from both.

I'm hoping Jackman stays away from Singer and Ratner and gets someone to give the movie a separate look and style from the X Men movies

I'm tired of Wolverine. Talk about over-exposure.

They should definately shoot for an "R" rating with this one.

So it would be like this: X-Men films would be kid-friendly and get the munchkins their Wolverine fill...but Wolverine would be blood, violent, and full of stuff that adults love. (see: Punisher)

PunisherFan20 said:
They should definately shoot for an "R" rating with this one.

So it would be like this: X-Men films would be kid-friendly and get the munchkins their Wolverine fill...but Wolverine would be blood, violent, and full of stuff that adults love. (see: Punisher)
Most R rated action films don't make a whole lot of money so the budget would have be like 50mil.

Warhammer said:
I am still skeptical of Singer.
He ruined Cyclops in the X-films.

..But I will hold my doubts until I see Ratner's X3.

Yeah he did, but this would be a Wolverine movie and he somewhat got Wolverine except the height and liking Rogue. I guess I should have said ABBR (any body but Ratner).

Gilpesh said:

The only thing Singer has proven is the ability to butcher villains such as Sabretooth and Deathstryke.

I agree with the R-rating, if not an R at least a (high, high, high borderline-R) PG-13. All I have to say is that if at least Sabretooth is not in it at all, I will be completely dumbfounded. I mean, how could you have a Wolverine movie without his polar "opposite." I'd like to see em go touch on the old war days before he went all freak out weapon x.

In fact, I think that I should direct the film. Come on, if Singer can do it, I'll be fine, lol.

David Fincher anyone?? I have always wanted him to take on a comic book film and this seems good for him.

TheVileOne said:
The person Hugh Jackman should be looking at is Bryan Singer to save the X-men franchise.

Singer loves the Wolverine character and expressed interest in directing the Wolverine movie.

I disagree.
What the film needs is a director who can handle an action movie. Singer has shown many times that he cannot. While Singer is a m : David Fincher.
I think he'd be perfect.
Dark, moody, violent - THAT is Wolverine. The Wolverine character we've all read and loved is a miserable runt who scraps constantly and is one moody guy.
That's it.

Wolverine in the two previous movies is a little ***** compared to what he should be.

But does everyone agree? It needs bone claws!!!

Gilpesh said:
But does everyone agree? It needs bone claws!!!

It might be a nice add-on, but I would rather have a movie that doesn't suck and has no bone claws, than a ****ty movie that does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"