The Superhero Cinematic Civil War

I am so in the mood to watch Transformers The Movie again! If only GI Joe The Movie had been even a fraction as awesome :csad:
The original series before it switched to DIC had five mini-series/"films" that were split up into five episodes in syndication. Of those five, I thought The Movie was easily the worst one. Arise Serpentor Arise would have made a much better feature.

The original series before it switched to DIC had five mini-series/"films" that were split up into five episodes in syndication. Of those five, I thought The Movie was easily the worst one. Arise Serpentor Arise would have made a much better feature.
I love the other 5 part episodes. But the movie....ugh lol.

I never watched the DIC series. Curious as to if it's worth it

I am so in the mood to watch Transformers The Movie again! If only GI Joe The Movie had been even a fraction as awesome :csad:
Transformers 1986 is incredible, somehow. I don't get how that movie works so well.

Will Jon Peters get be an executive producer for Gunn's Superman?

I love the other 5 part episodes. But the movie....ugh lol.

I never watched the DIC series. Curious as to if it's worth it
I only ever remember the 5 part opener to the DIC series, Operation: Dragonfire. I don't think I ever saw the regular episodes.

How was the 5 parter?
As a kid I liked it because
it brought back my favorite character, Cobra Commander, and had him usurp control of Cobra from Serpentor again.

I haven't seen it since I was like 9 though. I do have the DVDs of the entire Sunbow series, but none of the DIC episodes.

Well, all villain lists must be rethought now.

d9e068423b474cec82e4467d5cd5b6472010cd9b.jpg

I’m not sure what to feel about the image. Creatively it makes sense since it’s clear they’re going along with the costume being Kryptonian regalia but I will say the suit looks lived in, and looks worn. It’s not too shiny and neat like he just bought this costume from a store. I think it conveys a level of realism or as the late great Dick Donner said “verisimilitude”

On the negative side…I think the image looks a little awkward. I get the vibe that Gunn is going for - this is the everyman Superman, who like most of us have to wake up and get dressed for work - but his work doesn’t just include working a regular 9-5 job like being in an office all day, it also includes fighting giant robots and rescuing people from burning buildings but it’s just underwhelming as a reveal.

Though I understand it’s intentionally meant to show Clark Kent’s life is a blend of the ordinary and the extraordinary and that’s what this image is getting at. It’s more intentionally understated and less grandiose than Snyder’s more dynamic action pose suit reveal unveiled 13 years ago:

Henry-Cavill-in-The-Man-o-007.jpg

Back to the plus side, I love how to see a Superman, or heck a superhero movie in general where the costumes are damaged and there is wear and tear on them. Maybe we might get that with this film. Which is pretty exciting. Overall mixed on the suit and image.

Last edited:

I think Corenswet looks great in the suit itself, but I definitely need to see more of it with proper lighting and less battle damage before I reserve judgement because overall it is a pretty awkward image IMO.

I really can't wait to see what this movie looks like when that first trailer drops.

Well, all villain lists must be rethought now.

d9e068423b474cec82e4467d5cd5b6472010cd9b.jpg
Make it a live action show, cowards! :argh:

2-3 movies per year is the sweet spot. I'd even say 3 live action shows per year is manageable. They should also consider embracing direct to streaming movies for projects not big enough for theaters but also don't warrant being stretched out over 6 episodes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"