Wolverine Reboot

Discussion in 'Marvel Films' started by blackblt, Aug 27, 2012.

1. blackblt blackblt

If this thread exists forgive me. When the first X-Men came out I loved Hugh Jackman as Wolverine. As a then unknown actor, he was everything I thought Wolverine should be. X-Men 2...great, cool, still digging it. By X-3 I was annoyed and when The Wolverine came out I was like...this guy has got to go.
    I'm assuming Fox owns the rights to Wolverine otherwise it wouldn't be so bad. But even if Marvel had the rights don't you think it's time for a new actor to reboot the series and bring back the character so many of us love? Love to hear peoples thoughts and which actors they like. Josh Holloway could be cool

2. Project862006 Registered

hugh is an oscar calibar actor dont replace him with a mediocre tv actor i hate when fans do that they reboot a comic character with some low rent tv actor to replace a guy like hugh and bale

jackman is gonna be hard to recast simply because he is such a great dynamic actor with ton of scree presence

wolverine wont be recast for awhile for one hugh has'nt really aged much since x men 1 and wolverine looks like an older man anyways

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Doc Ock The Spider-Totem Awakens

Personally, I still love Hugh as Wolverine. So....yeah....there....

4. Morning Root Registered

I'd be interested in seeing another go at a Wolverine: Origins type film that follows the Origin publication. It'd be a nice change attempting to cast a younger, greener Logan.

5. Roose Bolton Son of Katas

I don't think it's Hugh that's the problem, it's fox's mindset.

6. bubbadoom Registered

The Wolverine is shooting now, it has not come out yet!

Now X-Men Origins:Wolverine - that's a different story...

7. Baneis8feettall Half face half amazing

I don't like Hugh Jackman's Wolverine. He is like playing Hugh Jackman with a wacky hair. He doesn't have animalistic side of the character.However, I certainly wouldn't cast Josh Holloway though. Hugh Jackman's name bring audience. They don't care if he looks or acts like comic book Wolverine. Also Josh Holloway isn't some great talent.

Tom Hardy would be good choice. He is built like Wolverine, he played tough and animalistic characters perfectly, he is rising star in Hollywood. He even got husky voice.

At the end, it's all about studios. If they let good directors & screen writers do their job, wolverine might have a good movie.

8. Roose Bolton Son of Katas

I'm fairly certain Hugh Jackman doesn't cut loose and gut a mansion full of soldiers, or beat guys up in cage brawls....

9. M-2 Ultimate BAMF

I'm all for a Wolverine Reboot, but only after Hugh Jackman does the Old Man Logan series like in 15-20years.. Then yes! Bring on a new young'in!

10. MarvelKnight Registered

I agree, Old Man Logan has to be made at some point. That would be amazing.

The one thing I like is that Hugh Jackman really loves the character of Wolverine. I think they should wait some years down the road before they recast and redo the whole Wolverine world.

I think this movie will be pretty good. Jackman knows Origins sucked(not that it was even his fault :Cough:STUDIO:Cough:) and the fact that its more of a standalone I think will help it.

I am ready to see WOlverine go beserk!

11. DrCosmic Professor of Power

:dry:

:csad:

:argh:

Thanks a lot Fox.

12. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

I like Hugh Jackman well enough, but if they recast the character, cast Christian Kane. If you've seen Leverage, you'll know what I mean.

13. DrCosmic Professor of Power

Haha, he is Wolverine, isn't he. Dear goodness he's Wolverine. Wow. It actually seems too easy.

14. the last son Registered

I liked him in the first one, because he was a man of few words and few smiles. Each movie he has gotten worse and worse. Even thought the writing has been bad his smiling and campy portrayal of Wolves is a little disappointing. I believe he can act the way I would like to see wolverine an animal. Not eating dinner with old people and having boxing matches.

I also agree Tom Hardy is an excellent choice.

15. the last son Registered

I also want to see wolverine with his mask.

16. Joined:
    Jan 12, 2007
    He actually does look like him or atleast the Ultimate version of him I wouldn't mind seeing the Ultimate version of Wolverine.

17. JP Smelly

I think THE WOLVERINE is going to remind everyone about how terrific Jackman can be at the character. He got lost in his last 2 films, but everything about the new films screams that Logan is making a come back.

18. S. Grundy Registered

The only way that Wolverine will get recast is if Hugh Jackman walks away, and that probably won't happen anytime soon.

19. marvelrobbins Registered

There Isn't going to be reboot anytime soon.

20. Donnie Darko Forgotten Pre-New 52 Hero

I would guess we will have at least one more fairly big role for Jackman as Wolverine, probably in DoFP. We shall see, though.

21. psylockolussus Merry Mutant

Yup! In order to have a Wolverine reboot, there should be a reboot for X-Men first. And I don't consider X-Men: First Class as a reboot since they have a connection with the previous X-Men movies.

22. Project862006 Registered

:doh:why are we downgrading?

hugh is as good as fassbender and bale

but you want to replace him with a low rent tv actor?

might aswell replace bale with david boreanaz:dry:

23. SpiderBat Registered

I would LOVE to see a darker take on Wolverine. Although it would never happen Cristian Bale would be an interesting Wolverine.

24. Baneis8feettall Half face half amazing

That cheating.Bale/Lewis/Oldman can play anything. :oldrazz:

25. boxterford Registered

Hugh Jackman doing well in the Wolverine character and it's my favorite superhero.In the wolverine movie he done great job.i like his beard cut:)