Wolverine Reboot

blackblt

blackblt
Reaction score
If this thread exists forgive me. When the first X-Men came out I loved Hugh Jackman as Wolverine. As a then unknown actor, he was everything I thought Wolverine should be. X-Men 2...great, cool, still digging it. By X-3 I was annoyed and when The Wolverine came out I was like...this guy has got to go.
I'm assuming Fox owns the rights to Wolverine otherwise it wouldn't be so bad. But even if Marvel had the rights don't you think it's time for a new actor to reboot the series and bring back the character so many of us love? Love to hear peoples thoughts and which actors they like. Josh Holloway could be cool

hugh is an oscar calibar actor dont replace him with a mediocre tv actor i hate when fans do that they reboot a comic character with some low rent tv actor to replace a guy like hugh and bale

jackman is gonna be hard to recast simply because he is such a great dynamic actor with ton of scree presence

wolverine wont be recast for awhile for one hugh has'nt really aged much since x men 1 and wolverine looks like an older man anyways

scaled.php

wolverine-stern-face-1024x768.jpg%3Fw%3D1024

Personally, I still love Hugh as Wolverine. So....yeah....there....

I'd be interested in seeing another go at a Wolverine: Origins type film that follows the Origin publication. It'd be a nice change attempting to cast a younger, greener Logan.

I don't think it's Hugh that's the problem, it's fox's mindset.

The Wolverine is shooting now, it has not come out yet!

Now X-Men Origins:Wolverine - that's a different story...

I don't like Hugh Jackman's Wolverine. He is like playing Hugh Jackman with a wacky hair. He doesn't have animalistic side of the character.However, I certainly wouldn't cast Josh Holloway though. Hugh Jackman's name bring audience. They don't care if he looks or acts like comic book Wolverine. Also Josh Holloway isn't some great talent.

Tom Hardy would be good choice. He is built like Wolverine, he played tough and animalistic characters perfectly, he is rising star in Hollywood. He even got husky voice.

At the end, it's all about studios. If they let good directors & screen writers do their job, wolverine might have a good movie.

I'm fairly certain Hugh Jackman doesn't cut loose and gut a mansion full of soldiers, or beat guys up in cage brawls....

I'm all for a Wolverine Reboot, but only after Hugh Jackman does the Old Man Logan series like in 15-20years.. Then yes! Bring on a new young'in!

I'm all for a Wolverine Reboot, but only after Hugh Jackman does the Old Man Logan series like in 15-20years.. Then yes! Bring on a new young'in!

I agree, Old Man Logan has to be made at some point. That would be amazing.

The one thing I like is that Hugh Jackman really loves the character of Wolverine. I think they should wait some years down the road before they recast and redo the whole Wolverine world.

I think this movie will be pretty good. Jackman knows Origins sucked(not that it was even his fault :Cough:STUDIO:Cough:) and the fact that its more of a standalone I think will help it.

I am ready to see WOlverine go beserk!

I like Hugh Jackman well enough, but if they recast the character, cast Christian Kane. If you've seen Leverage, you'll know what I mean.

Haha, he is Wolverine, isn't he. Dear goodness he's Wolverine. Wow. It actually seems too easy.

I liked him in the first one, because he was a man of few words and few smiles. Each movie he has gotten worse and worse. Even thought the writing has been bad his smiling and campy portrayal of Wolves is a little disappointing. I believe he can act the way I would like to see wolverine an animal. Not eating dinner with old people and having boxing matches.

I also agree Tom Hardy is an excellent choice.

I like Hugh Jackman well enough, but if they recast the character, cast Christian Kane. If you've seen Leverage, you'll know what I mean.

He actually does look like him or atleast the Ultimate version of him I wouldn't mind seeing the Ultimate version of Wolverine.

I think THE WOLVERINE is going to remind everyone about how terrific Jackman can be at the character. He got lost in his last 2 films, but everything about the new films screams that Logan is making a come back.

The only way that Wolverine will get recast is if Hugh Jackman walks away, and that probably won't happen anytime soon.

I would guess we will have at least one more fairly big role for Jackman as Wolverine, probably in DoFP. We shall see, though.

There Isn't going to be reboot anytime soon.

Yup! In order to have a Wolverine reboot, there should be a reboot for X-Men first. And I don't consider X-Men: First Class as a reboot since they have a connection with the previous X-Men movies.

:doh:why are we downgrading?

hugh is as good as fassbender and bale

but you want to replace him with a low rent tv actor?

might aswell replace bale with david boreanaz:dry:

I would LOVE to see a darker take on Wolverine. Although it would never happen Cristian Bale would be an interesting Wolverine.

Hugh Jackman doing well in the Wolverine character and it's my favorite superhero.In the wolverine movie he done great job.i like his beard cut:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"