Hugh Jackman: the master at acting 'pain'

Kevin Roegele

Do you mind if I don't?
Reaction score
How good is Hugh Jackman at doing incredibly painful injuries? He's always completely convincing, you can see tears in his eyes (!) and you wince for him. In the Wolverine in the woods TV spot - ouch. I can't think of anyone who is as good as he is.

Im no expert but i think it tis called method acting. I read he took cold showers to prepare for his burserker rage scenes. I've tried a cold shower once and it's hell in there... you have to scream to get your mind off the freezing water so I kinda get why he did that.

Maybe for the pain scenes, he put ice in his pants up near the goods. That'd work for me.

Hugh Jackman is an extremely talented thespian!! I mean how convinced do people need to be about his talents? This guy can go from playing a flamboyantly gay man (Love those gold pants with the leopard print shirt.) in Boy From Oz to playing a total badass like Wolverine within a heartbeat.

Wesyeed said:
Im no expert but i think it tis called method acting. I read he took cold showers to prepare for his burserker rage scenes. I've tried a cold shower once and it's hell in there... you have to scream to get your mind off the freezing water so I kinda get why he did that.

Maybe for the pain scenes, he put ice in his pants up near the goods. That'd work for me.

I think after the first film, when he had his balls twisted in a harness during that Statue of Liberty stunt, he knew how to express pain on ALL levels!!

KenK said:
I think after the first film, when he had his balls twisted in a harness during that Statue of Liberty stunt, he knew how to express pain on ALL levels!!

Urk!! I'm a woman and just by reading this I'm cringeing.

KenK said:

Yeah, he hung in the air with the harness only attached to his dukes. That's gotta hurt, Gene.

damn. How'd they ever get him to strap on that nutcracker again in the sequels... I've gotten my stuff caught in the zipper once and that was true hell.... just cant imagine what hugh went through though ....ouch, no need for faking after something like that I guess...

Hugh is in the June issue of the US Men's Health Magazine. The author of the article claims to have been shown some raw footage from his movie The Fountain (directed by Darren Aronofsky). It showed Hugh in the future part of the story where he plays an astronaut. In the movie, he's in outer space in a bubble that's supposed to be the spacecraft. But the raw footage showed him actually inside a water tank, where he's in the lotus position in the water and then flattens out into a flying Superman pose while holding his breath and performing slow acrobatics. The author says that was the most intense and most amazing physical feat he has seen ever performed, better than the most elite athlete can do. He also said that Hugh was supposed to have done 19 takes to perfect the scene, not complaining once.

I also remember reading an article where Aronofsky said they had Hugh tied up in something that he said looked like he was being roasted on a barbecue spit.

men_health0001.jpg
men_health0002.jpg
men_health0003.jpg

Damn,HE's a very nice and cool actor very talented and is great that he like's to do his stunt's and also nice he dosent complain after take's

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"