Hulk vs Apocalypse

Class100strngth said:
But if apocalypse had prep time , he is an extreme genius ,
Okay, like I said before, learn SOMETHING about the character before you bash him. With prep time, Bruce Banner could find a way to destroy Apocalypse with Hulk only used as a backup. He's a bigger "extreme genius". As in Doom, Richards, Stark genius.
and you always have to look at the scenario where apocalypse encounters bruce banner , uses his telepathic power and keeps him in calm state while he crushes him , and kills him with one single blow.
With prep time, Banner wouldn't give him the oppurtunity. Without prep... well, let's see, how would THAT play out exactly? "Hey! That guy looks an awful lot like Bruce Banner! I better stop him!"
And then the Hulk would take over while laughing off Apocalypse's psychic attacks.

Prep time: Hulk wins. No prep: Hulk wins.

torkibe said:
I joined the board recently, and it just so happens that I started posting in here too... Because I do like the Hulk.
Well, Class100strength DOESN'T like the Hulk. In fact, he has never even read a single issue of the Hulk in his life. I know for fact that he doesn't like the Hulk because it used to say "Hulk's executioner" underneath his name. How rediculous can you get?

I think it's pretty obvious that he joined for the soul purpose of Hulk bashing. That's like me going to the Superman boards and talking about every loss Supes has ever suffered, and putting "Superman killer" underneath my name. All just because I dislike a character that I know nothing about.

Of course, one would have to be a pretty hopless LOSER to do that now wouldn't one?

Mr. Green said:
Okay, like I said before, learn SOMETHING about the character before you bash him. With prep time, Bruce Banner could find a way to destroy Apocalypse with Hulk only used as a backup. He's a bigger "extreme genius". As in Doom, Richards, Stark genius.

With prep time, Banner wouldn't give him the oppurtunity. Without prep... well, let's see, how would THAT play out exactly? "Hey! That guy looks an awful lot like Bruce Banner! I better stop him!"
And then the Hulk would take over while laughing off Apocalypse's psychic attacks.

Hmmm. So Hulk will revert back to Banner by his own will? Still, Banner does not have the resources that Apocalypse have(e.i. Celestial Technology).
Apocalypse still has the advantage given the prep time.

Mr. Green said:

That's a way it could happen. Banner and Hulk together. That's what happened in a Hulk issue vs the Leader's special 'Hulk killer' creation. It took both Banner and Hulk, but they won in the end.

rodhulk said:
That's a way it could happen. Banner and Hulk together. That's what happened in a Hulk issue vs the Leader's special 'Hulk killer' creation. It took both Banner and Hulk, but they won in the end.
Yep, one of the smartest minds paired with the most powerful muscle! :up:

Mr. Green said:

Well... If all things were equal, Bruce Banner would be as smart or smarter than Apocalypse... But Apocalypse has thousands of years of accumulated knowledge and experience of things earthly and celestial. I think that outweighs Banners intelligence.

If you can't beat the X-men with all of that power, you are not too smart. Just because someone has lots of experience doesn't give them the intelligence of someone like Stark, Richards, Doom, or Banner. I think you are confusing wisdom with intelligence.

Toby_Temple said:
Hmmm. So Hulk will revert back to Banner by his own will? Still, Banner does not have the resources that Apocalypse have(e.i. Celestial Technology).
Apocalypse still has the advantage given the prep time.
Let's not forget that Banner is friends with lots of people who DO have the resources to make some kind of Apocalypse killing weapon, or come up with some kind of trap. Banner has helped the FF and Tony Stark in the very recent past, and was freely given access to the best technology Earth has to offer.

Let's face it, prep is not Apocalypse's forte and I am really surprised people are acting like it is. He has THOUSANDS of years worth of prep time and he gets foiled by the freakin' X-MEN!

Mr. Green said:
Let's not forget that Banner is friends with lots of people who DO have the resources to make some kind of Apocalypse killing weapon, or come up with some kind of trap. Banner has helped the FF and Tony Stark in the very recent past, and was freely given access to the best technology Earth has to offer.

Let's face it, prep is not Apocalypse's forte and I am really surprised people are acting like it is. He has THOUSANDS of years worth of prep time and he gets foiled by the freakin' X-MEN!

It is his forte. But its not his fault if he is written poorly. Hell, Hulk was beaten by a giant snake. So lets face it, your arguement that "apocalypse is beaten by X-men even with prep, so Hulk will win" fails.

Apocalypse didn't just have prep, he had thousands of years of prep. Besides, Hulk is kickass 99.99999% of the time. When has Apocalypse had a major victory? (In this timeline.)

Mr. Green said:
Apocalypse didn't just have prep, he had thousands of years of prep. Besides, Hulk is kickass 99.99999% of the time. When has Apocalypse had a major victory? (In this timeline.)

Against a team of heroes, yes, he never wins IN THE END. You know why, coz comics follow this principle: good always triumphs over evil. No wonder Thanos was still defeated even when he became omnipotent. But you have to admit that he kicked the X-Men's ass early on. He was even successful in kidnapping several beings with high level mental powers so he could control time.

Against one hero? Apocalypse always wins against individuals. He only loses when those individuals unite against him. And Apocalypse is never killed during those fights. He only retreats when he sees that his plans have been foiled. He's a smart guy after all.

We never read about Apocalypse planning to kill a particular individual. It is always him planning for world domination.

I think the Hulk would win. Apocalypse may be powerful but I've never really seen him fight anything or anybody himself. He always has his horsemen do it. And we all know that Hulk is a formidable opponant when it comes to sheer physical attack. By the way, what exactly is Apocalypse's mutant power? I've never really been able to deduce what it is other than maybe immortality to a certain extent.

Toby_Temple said:
Against one hero? Apocalypse always wins against individuals. He only loses when those individuals unite against him.
Hulk has beaten several teams in the past. You seem to be implying that Apocalypse can't handle teams. I rest my case.

Mr. Green said:
Hulk has beaten several teams in the past. You seem to be implying that Apocalypse can't handle teams. I rest my case.

He can handle teams if he is focused on killing them and not on his plans on world domination. He always plan on weeding out the weak from the strong and make those strong serve him. The problem arises if those strong go against him. Hell, its all up to the writers.

Apocalypes is a villain. So he will always lose in the end.

Hulk's a hero. Like you, no one whats to read a hero lose all the time.

If he plans on just killing Hulk, what makes you think he can't come up with an effective one?

Because Hulk is very hard to beat, much less kill. Is Apocalypse powerful enough to pose a threat? Sure. I have just never seen Apocalypse do anything that would convince me he had an honest chance against Hulk.

The mere fact that Apocalypse is a powerful and very intelligent megalomaniac is enough proof that he is a threat to anyone. He is much like Thanos in thinking, but in a worldly scale.

Toby_Temple said:
Against a team of heroes, yes, he never wins IN THE END. You know why, coz comics follow this principle: good always triumphs over evil. No wonder Thanos was still defeated even when he became omnipotent. But you have to admit that he kicked the X-Men's ass early on. He was even successful in kidnapping several beings with high level mental powers so he could control time.

Against one hero? Apocalypse always wins against individuals. He only loses when those individuals unite against him. And Apocalypse is never killed during those fights. He only retreats when he sees that his plans have been foiled. He's a smart guy after all.

We never read about Apocalypse planning to kill a particular individual. It is always him planning for world domination.

Exactly. Apoc even controlled the Hulk for a while... But NO villain ever wins in the end. As mentioned... Thanos, The Beyonder, Galactus just to name a few.

and no, Mr. Green... I'm not confusing wisdom with intelligence. You're confusing Knowledge with IQ. Banner and the others very well may have started out with higher IQ's, but they do not have anywhere near the accumulated knowledge that Apoc has gotten over 5000+ years. He has conquered countries and overthrown Pharos. He has faced down armies and many super powerful heroes. He's traveled the universe multiple times (of his own volition, not being sent there like Hulk/Banner).

5,000 years ago humans new nothing compared to what they have learned in the last century. What the hell did Apocalypse experience over those mellenia that would put him on par with Banner? How to build a pyramid? LAME. He just used alien tech to push people around. That is no spectacular feat. Banner has made countless inventions that are on par with anything that Apocalypse has.

Point:
Age = experience (not necessarily intelligence) = wisdom.
Banner intellect = ability to invent an Apocalypse trap/weapon = Genius.

Mr. Green said:

hmmm im confident im talking to a complete moron. BRUCE BANNER is not in control when the hulk takes over , and if you want to go all technical . The hulks strength as the green monster , in a calm state is only 70 tons , if he got more angry , he would become more of a nutcase , the hulk cannot come up with plans , when bruce banner changes to the hulk , bruce banner is no longer present at all . The hulk is just a dumb**** brute. he would be utterly destroyed . That guy looks an awful like bruce banner? your talking about apocalypse here , not some random human , looking for a bruce banner look alike . Apocalypse would find him easily , and kill him before he got the chance to turn into the hulk.

Class100strngth said:
hmmm im confident im talking to a complete moron. BRUCE BANNER is not in control when the hulk takes over , and if you want to go all technical . The hulks strength as the green monster , in a calm state is only 70 tons , if he got more angry , he would become more of a nutcase , the hulk cannot come up with plans , when bruce banner changes to the hulk , bruce banner is no longer present at all . The hulk is just a dumb**** brute. he would be utterly destroyed . That guy looks an awful like bruce banner? your talking about apocalypse here , not some random human , looking for a bruce banner look alike . Apocalypse would find him easily , and kill him before he got the chance to turn into the hulk.

Let's get one thing straight, here. Hulk's "calm" strength is 100 tons. BUT, when is Hulk ever calm? Not often. When he transforms in the first place he's angry, not calm. Hence, his strength is well over the 100 ton level. Not to mention he's been seen hauling thousands of tons in a perfectly calm state.

Lol, and that "brute" has knocked around more Marvel heavyweights than I can even name.

Mad Bull said:
Let's get one thing straight, here. Hulk's "calm" strength is 100 tons. BUT, when is Hulk ever calm? Not often. When he transforms in the first place he's angry, not calm. Hence, his strength is well over the 100 ton level. Not to mention he's been seen hauling thousands of tons in a perfectly calm state.

Lol, and that "brute" has knocked around more Marvel heavyweights than I can even name.
the hulks calm state is not 100 tons its 70 tons.

The Hulk only attains this strength level when he is enraged. In a totally, calm state his functional strength is significantly less, perhaps in the 70 ton range.- Marvel directory

First of all, Marvel Directory, while a great fan site, is based on a handbook. An outdated handbook at that. Anyone around here will tell you that continuity speaks with a much stronger voice than those handbooks. The Gray Hulk, I believe, starts at 70 tons and goes up from there. When enraged, the Hulk's strength has been shown to reach insane levels, far beyond 100 tons. Going by those handbooks won't win too many arguments around here...

Mad Bull said:
First of all, Marvel Directory, while a great fan site, is based on a handbook. An outdated handbook at that. Anyone around here will tell you that continuity speaks with a much stronger voice than those handbooks. The Gray Hulk, I believe, starts at 70 tons and goes up from there. When enraged, the Hulk's strength has been shown to reach insane levels, far beyond 100 tons. Going by those handbooks won't win too many arguments around here...
Really well thats somewhat interesting. Can i please see some proof that says different about the hulks calm state or are you just sticking up for the poster of hulk on your wall you fantasize about every night

Grow up, man. Don't make the mistake of grouping with the other fanboys that run around here. I didn't take any pot shots at you, I would appreciate it if you afforded me the same respect.

Here's a picture of him casually and "calmly" moving thousands of tons.

http://img96.exs.cx/img96/3522/logs1wk.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"