Hulk VS DC ?????

arachnid_style

Civilian
Reaction score
Who'd you think in the DC universe can take out hulk?

1.Superman
2. GL.
3.WW.
4. Batman
5. Spectre
6. Flash.
7. Others.
8. Every freaking hero in DC.

Maybe if Supes, Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel ALL teamed up on him. Maybe. Otherwise, forget it.

Batman did take Hulk down the one time they fought, but it was ridiculous. He kicked Hulk in the guts so he'd inhale sleeping gas. Please! As if Hulk's abs couldn't withstand a kick from a puny human. Bah!

Actually, pretty much all those people can beat him. Even Batman might do it if knows about the Hulk's physiology and uses a gamma scrambler.

This isn't a Hulk bashing or anything. It's just that DC's heroes are
generally orders of magnitude above Marvel in terms of power levels.

argh, thats stupid. GL, Specter and maybe some other's. Although i sort of dout GL......

Originally posted by JINoside
argh, thats stupid. GL, Specter and maybe some other's. Although i sort of dout GL......

Let's see.

The Spectre shouldn't be mentioned in direct competition with the Hulk. Even Thanos probably couldn't beat him without prep time. Because he can mess with the mind of Superman, who's made a career out of resisting mind control on a cosmic scale.

GL can absorb conventional energy. That means that it can absorb
gamma rays. Although GL doesn't have the speed advantage most of DC's top dogs do (because of his vastly slower reflexes), this plus the fact that his force field can hold up to Superman indicates that we'd have a sequel to the time the Silver Surfer drained the Hulk's gamma and changed him back into Bruce Banner.

Yeah but does the GL know Hulk runs off gamma energy?
and would he have enough time to figure it out?

Originally posted by guyverjay
Yeah but does the GL know Hulk runs off gamma energy?
and would he have enough time to figure it out?

His ring detects energy signitures just like the Silver Surfer does. Most likely, GL would guess that the Hulk was being powered by gamma.

And GL can hold out against the Hulk for a while. His force field and aura can hold up to blows from Superman, and the Hulk would take a while to reach Supes' strength level.

That said, the Professor incarnation might stand a chance of outsmarting GL. Smart people have caught him off guard in the past. About any other Hulk would lose, though.

Yeah but does his ring automatically detect energy signatures or does he have to want to look for it? The surfer senses energy automatically. Example if I have a metal detector and I don't turn it on (in other words im not planing on looking for metal today)it won't automatically start detecting stuff while im watching TV.

Plus hulk's strength goes up according to what or who evers he fighting,if he can smash onslaughts armour than GL fields aren't going to last long

Yeah but does his ring automatically detect energy signatures or does he have to want to look for it? The surfer senses energy automatically. Example if I have a metal detector and I don't turn it on (in other words im not planing on looking for metal today)it won't automatically start detecting stuff while im watching TV.

Win Hal Jordon was the Green Lantern, his ring detected unexpected kryptonite radiation right after he had battered down a door.

Yeah but this isn't Hal jordan and this isn't the same ring either.

Actually, all power rings do the same things. The things that separate Rayner from Jordon are Rayner's lack of lame weaknesses and Jordon's willpower.

Hulk rules all puny DC "heroes"..... a "gamma descrambler"??? :rolleyes: Do you get Spice channel with one of those???

Green Lantern couldn't stop Shaggy Man, so I doubt he'd stop the Hulk. If the Hulk is enraged enough, he'll keep producing "gamma energy", as was evident in What If The Hulk Killed Wolverine, when Rogue was trying to absorb all his power.

None of the other DC heroes can do anything to the Hulk that his healing factor can't counter, and he can out last them all (see The Last Titan story).

The Spectre may be able to come up with something, though.

Originally posted by CaptainStacy
Green Lantern couldn't stop Shaggy Man, so I doubt he'd stop the Hulk. If the Hulk is enraged enough, he'll keep producing "gamma energy", as was evident in What If The Hulk Killed Wolverine, when Rogue was trying to absorb all his power.

None of the other DC heroes can do anything to the Hulk that his healing factor can't counter, and he can out last them all (see The Last Titan story).

The Spectre may be able to come up with something, though.

The Hulk got his ass kicked by a snake. Most major characters lose to people they should mop the floor with at times.

What Ifs are not in continuity. Even if they were, Rogue cannot absorb Magneto's power these days. Thus, this is a moot point anyhow.

And besides, the gamma is drained in an instant anyway. The Silver Surfer has done this at least twice.

The Hulk can be overpowered. Thor, Apocalypse, the Juggernaut, and Abomination have proven this. And none of them are as strong as Superman, Wonder Woman, or Captain Marvel.

Not true. Captain Marvel posessess the strength of Hercules, and has held his own against both Superman and Wonder Woman.

Hulk nearly killed Hercules in Hercules: Unleashed, and that was the Professor, not the savage Hulk. The SAVAGE Hulk proved himself a match for Hercules, Wonder Man, Sub-Mariner, and Iron Man....at the same time! (IH #316)

While the Surfer had some success against the Hulk, he is FAR more powerful than Green Lantern, as shown by his easy victory over GL in DC/Marvel. (written by Mark Waid and Peter David, no less!) Trying to equate GL's power on par with the Surfer's is, quite frankly, laughable.

If anything, it would take the entire JLA to even begin to give the Hulk any kind of workout. :)

Not true. Captain Marvel posessess the strength of Hercules, and has held his own against both Superman and Wonder Woman.

Hulk nearly killed Hercules in Hercules: Unleashed, and that was the Professor, not the savage Hulk. The SAVAGE Hulk proved himself a match for Hercules, Wonder Man, Sub-Mariner, and Iron Man....at the same time! (IH #316)

While the Surfer had some success against the Hulk, he is FAR more powerful than Green Lantern, as shown by his easy victory over GL in DC/Marvel. (written by Mark Waid and Peter David, no less!) Trying to equate GL's power on par with the Surfer's is, quite frankly, laughable.

If anything, it would take the entire JLA to even begin to give the Hulk any kind of workout. :)

Captain Marvel has the strength of DC's Hercules, not Marvel's. He can also boost his strength with the power of Zeus.

The Green Lantern has gotten far more powerful and skilled since he lost to the Silver Surfer. But what does it matter anyway? There's no real reason why GL can't drain the gamma.

And here's something I should point out. In a battle in which it was GL alone against Amazo (a robot with all the powers of the JLA), GL created clones of all the JLA members and a few other people. Therefore, GL can send two members of every JLA powerhouse after the Hulk. The entire team will be fighting the Hulk at one hundred percent of lightspeed due to a Flash boosting their speed. However, the Hulk is handicapped by another Flash stealing his speed. There are also two Superman pounding, two Martian Manhunter's attacking the Hulk's mind or pounding, two Wonder Women delivering nerve strikes, and two Green Lanterns draining the gamma.

You shouldn't try comparing Hercules, Wonder Man, Namor, and Iron Man to Superman, Wonder Woman, Captain Marvel, and the Green Lantern. Any of these four DC characters would kick the collective asses of those four Marvel characters in milliseconds.

And I stand by it: Thor, Apocalypse, the Juggernaut, and Abomination's victories over the Hulk prove that the Hulk can be overpowered.

I'm not saying the Hulk CAN'T be overpowered, I'm saying the most likely scenario would have him attaining a victory over the DC heroes. They've all been "overpowered, too. More times than the Hulk has.

Show me evidence that DC's Hercules is any more powerful than Marvel's. I'd like to see that. :) Let CM boost his abilities with the power of Zeus. The Hulk's unlimited strength will counter that in seconds.

Also; let GL create as many JLAers as he wants; More fodder for the Hulk to smash. And I'm DYING to see what will run out of power first, GL's ring, or the Hulk's healing factor and unlimited strength :cool:

"any of these four DC characters would kick the collective asses of those Marvel characters in milliseconds."

Debatable, at best.

I stand by it; Hulk has fought and beaten Marvel's best. I see no evidence that DC's heroes would fare any better.

I'm not saying the Hulk CAN'T be overpowered, I'm saying the most likely scenario would have him attaining a victory over the DC heroes. They've all been "overpowered, too. More times than the Hulk has.

Show me evidence that DC's Hercules is any more powerful than Marvel's. I'd like to see that. :) Let CM boost his abilities with the power of Zeus. The Hulk's unlimited strength will counter that in seconds.

Also; let GL create as many JLAers as he wants; More fodder for the Hulk to smash. And I'm DYING to see what will run out of power first, GL's ring, or the Hulk's healing factor and unlimited strength :cool:

"any of these four DC characters would kick the collective asses of those Marvel characters in milliseconds."

Debatable, at best.

I stand by it; Hulk has fought and beaten Marvel's best. I see no evidence that DC's heroes would fare any better.

DC's Hercules held the weight of Wonder Woman's home country of Themyscira for 3,000 years without dying. That's more than Marvel's Hercules can do.

These DC characters have been overpowered, but it's almost always either them just standing around or characters far more powerful than the Hulk.

You really seem to be ignoring the speed issue. The speedsters get the first, second, third, and hundred thousandth attack. Because of this, it doesn't really matter how strong has become against Superman, Captain Marvel, or Wonder Woman. He's got to be able to take a thousand plus punches before he can fight back. And with the speed involved, hitting back is nearly impossible.

And besides, while the Hulk does have infinite strength, that doesn't mean he can simply reach any strength level at the drop of a hat. He clearly takes time to reach really big levels of strength, as proven by the times he's had to struggle to lift a mountain.

Against an army of JLA clones, the Hulk cannot even put forth a hopeless effort. All the clones are acting at lightspeed due to being boosted by one of the Flashes. However, the Hulk is handicapped by another Flash stealing his speed. Meanwhile, the other clones are attacking the statuelike Hulk with hits that make the blows the Juggernaut hit the Hulk with feel like flies clinging to
your face.

But why bother? Until you explain how the Hulk defends against gamma draining without incredible amounts of anger, GL drains the gamma. Fight over.

The four characters you mentioned that the Hulk beat cannot hope to challenge any of the JLA powerhouses on their best day. None of them can survive a nuke; the JLA powerhouses are scoring X number of mountain-smashing hits a second.

I suppose there nothing to prove that the latern could drain more gamma energy than the hulk could produce. Comparing GL power against surfers isn't exactly a good idea, energy manipulation and transmutation is one of the surfers main cosmic powers. I mean if GL can drain the hulks gamma, why can't he drain supes solar energy? Hulk prodices his own gamma energy internally where as Supes gets his from an outside source i.e the sun. So beating supes Should be a synch for GL if he can drain energy. Has GL ever done this?

Oh yeah I love hulk but come on he isn't going to beat the entire JLA single handedly,thats just plain ridiculous.

A banner less Hulk would take some beating though,I mean if you kept on hitting him wouldn't he just keep on getting angrier? and the angrier he gets the faster his his healing factor gets. I mean TECHNICALLY if he gets angry enough, he would be totally invulnerable,his healing factor would basically heal anything the split second the hulk was touched and course he get angrier and then stronger healing factor gets faster etc. The only reason why he got knocked out against onslaught is because of the Psionic backlash from the armour being destroyed.

Of course that only technically considering that the hulk is supposedly got no limit.

Right. Also; the Hulk has fought many super-strong speedsters and come out on top, such as Hyperion and Gladiator.

And; if Doomsday and Shaggy Man can be a threat to the JLA, the Hulk certainly can.

Right. Also; the Hulk has fought many super-strong speedsters and come out on top, such as Hyperion and Gladiator.

And; if Doomsday and Shaggy Man can be a threat to the JLA, the Hulk certainly can.

Hyperion and Gladiator can only use their speed in straight lines. This is because Marvel's speedsters, save land-based ones like the Speed Demon and Quicksilver, do not react at their own speed. Same as with power ring wielders.

Doomsday is a powerhouse who is stronger than Superman and evolves past whatever killed him. He is not to be compared with a
Hulk who doesn't have plot devices aiding him.

I suppose there nothing to prove that the latern could drain more gamma energy than the hulk could produce. Comparing GL power against surfers isn't exactly a good idea, energy manipulation and transmutation is one of the surfers main cosmic powers. I mean if GL can drain the hulks gamma, why can't he drain supes solar energy? Hulk prodices his own gamma energy internally where as Supes gets his from an outside source i.e the sun. So beating supes Should be a synch for GL if he can drain energy. Has GL ever done this?

Oh yeah I love hulk but come on he isn't going to beat the entire JLA single handedly,thats just plain ridiculous.

A banner less Hulk would take some beating though,I mean if you kept on hitting him wouldn't he just keep on getting angrier? and the angrier he gets the faster his his healing factor gets. I mean TECHNICALLY if he gets angry enough, he would be totally invulnerable,his healing factor would basically heal anything the split second the hulk was touched and course he get angrier and then stronger healing factor gets faster etc. The only reason why he got knocked out against onslaught is because of the Psionic backlash from the armour being destroyed.

Of course that only technically considering that the hulk is supposedly got no limit.

The Green Lantern doesn't drain Superman's solar energy. The reason for this is not because he can't, but because he doesn't. Superman is a character who wins a lot of fights he really shouldn't. Particularly the infamous "Heat Vision> Omega Effect> debacle that was earlier this week. It doesn't alter GL's ability to do it.

A Bannerless Hulk would put up a better fight against the JLA. Although his attention span is really short. That wouldn't bode well for his chances.

Originally posted by Gimili
Captain Marvel has the strength of DC's Hercules, not Marvel's. He can also boost his strength with the power of Zeus.
:rolleyes: DC zombie....

:p

Speaking of Hercules; in regards to an earlier post stating DC's version once held up the country of Themyscira for 3000 years, and that being "more than Marvel's Hercules can do"; You must have forgotten that Marvel's Herc is the same Herc that succeeded in the 12 labors of Greek Mythology. One of which had him take the weight of the ENTIRE planet off of the Titan Atlas' shoulders. And he was prepared to hold it for eternity.

Yet the Hulk nearly killed him in a fight.

So if DC's Captain Marvel is only as strong as DC's Hercules, and can knock out Superman....then I GUESS the Hulk can too. :cool:

Also; check out Thor Vol. I #445; Gladiator is running super-speed circles around Thor. Hardly a "straight line".

Also; Check out Avengers Vol. I # 70; Oh, look! Hyperion's doing the same!

Yet....the Hulk has beaten both of them. :cool:

Also, for the record; in the recent Kang storyline, in Avengers, Kang hits Washington DC with a futuristic "nuke", but what's this? Thor AND Wonderman are at ground zero.... and survive? And neither of them have EVER stopped the Hulk. But in Kingdom Come, wasn't it shown that Captain Marvel can be killed by a nuke? And didn't Green Lantern shield Superman from it? A nuke built by technology HUNDREDS of years inferior in technology than the one Kang used on Thor and Wonderman?

Food for thought.......

Genius, CapStacy. Pure genius. Excellent job at digging up evidence, my friend.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunStorm333
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"