HUMAN TORCH/Chris Evans DISCUSSION

Well i think he knows what the fans want more than the studio does, i think we all wanted a more serious tone for ROTSS considering the story, and while that doesnt mean the movie should be devoid of humour, there shouldnt be as much useless humour as there was in this movie.

Plus, after seeing Chris in Sunshine, i REALLY hope they let him pull off a performance like that in a future FF movie. Heck when Sue 'died' he should have been in bits, and he has the capability to pull that off IMO, but the film-makers just wouldnt allow it seemingly.

It was written in the script to be much more dramatic, and it was shot much more dramatic.....editing strikes again.:dry:

I gotta say, Evans is the man. Like Ioan he decided to be candid. I know that it is expected of you to promote your film but I don't think that requires you to be disingenuous, he has my respect.

And honestly dealing with a company like Fox it is time someone spoke up. We have been hammering on Tim Story to do just that, well maybe he can't find his spine yet and the actors will have to speak up as a group. If only one of them does no doubt they will be hammered but if all four of them sit down and get involved like Edward Norton did on the upcoming hulk maybe we will get a much better movie.

Nuff Said.

It was written in the script to be much more dramatic, and it was shot much more dramatic.....editing strikes again.:dry:

:whatever: Typical Fox then huh, that scene should have been SO much more powerful, like the end of X2, were i was nearly crying despite the fact i knew Jean wasnt dead.

I gotta say, Evans is the man. Like Ioan he decided to be candid. I know that it is expected of you to promote your film but I don't think that requires you to be disingenuous, he has my respect.

And honestly dealing with a company like Fox it is time someone spoke up. We have been hammering on Tim Story to do just that, well maybe he can't find his spine yet and the actors will have to speak up as a group. If only one of them does no doubt they will be hammered but if all four of them sit down and get involved like Edward Norton did on the upcoming hulk maybe we will get a much better movie.

Nuff Said.

Agreed with everything except the Norton with Hulk part, that movie sounds terrible IMO, but i'm glad the likes of Evans and Groffudd (who i felt gave a MUCH better performance this time around) have the balls to speak up.

:whatever: Typical Fox then huh, that scene should have been SO much more powerful, like the end of X2, were i was nearly crying despite the fact i knew Jean wasnt dead.
Well actually it was very emotional for me, even though I knew Sue wasn't dead. I thought Ioan did a great job in that scene, and when she woke up, I thought that was a fantastically sweet scene between the 2 of them. I didn't need Johnny crying over it, I was touched enough by the scene between Sue and Reed. I was touched more by the scene before the wedding between Sue and Johnny. I thought everyone did a great job. They didn't deserve the 89 minute time on screen that they got. They deserved their entire performances on the screen. There is also a scene where Ben sees Sue in her wedding dress in the dress shop, and it is a very sweet scene between one of the coolest friendships in comicdom....and as you can see, we didn't get that either. To me Johnny's emotional scene being edited was the least of the emotional scenes in the movie. IMO, I saw 2 scenes that I was much happier seeing, and I wish we had seen the scene between Ben and Sue.

As far as Ioan and Chris speaking up. I think their quotes are totally different. Ioan was simply talking about the movie, not in a negative way.....simply talking about the movie. That is not the same as Chris' quotes.

Well actually it was very emotional for me, even though I knew Sue wasn't dead. I thought Ioan did a great job in that scene, and when she woke up, I thought that was a fantastically sweet scene between the 2 of them. I didn't need Johnny crying over it, I was touched enough by the scene between Sue and Reed. I was touched more by the scene before the wedding between Sue and Johnny. I thought everyone did a great job. They didn't deserve the 89 minute time on screen that they got. They deserved their entire performances on the screen. There is also a scene where Ben sees Sue in her wedding dress in the dress shop, and it is a very sweet scene between one of the coolest friendships in comicdom....and as you can see, we didn't get that either. To me Johnny's emotional scene being edited was the least of the emotional scenes in the movie. IMO, I saw 2 scenes that I was much happier seeing, and I wish we had seen the scene between Ben and Sue.

As far as Ioan and Chris speaking up. I think their quotes are totally different. Ioan was simply talking about the movie, not in a negative way.....simply talking about the movie. That is not the same as Chris' quotes.

I have to disagree on your first point, Sue dieing should have been both shocking and emotional, or more emotional that it was IMO. I mean, Sue is dead, the whole world is about to be destroyed, and non of characters even manages a tear! It was very dissapointing to me, especially given the fact that i know Ioan and Chris can both provide much better given the chance.

I have to disagree on your first point, Sue dieing should have been both shocking and emotional, or more emotional that it was IMO. I mean, Sue is dead, the whole world is about to be destroyed, and non of characters even manages a tear! It was very dissapointing to me, especially given the fact that i know Ioan and Chris can both provide much better given the chance.

We see the scene with Ioan differently, nothing wrong with that....

-When Johnny could switch powers,like after he got the Thing's powers,could he of given the Thing's powers to Sue if he touched her?

-Also how come Johnny's voice didn't change like it did do to Ben's?

Shouldn't Johnny of tried to switch powers with Doom,and give Doom his fire power permanently so Doom would be at least weaker than he is?

Shouldn't Johnny of tried to switch powers with Doom,and give Doom his fire power permanently so Doom would be at least weaker than he is?

Doom's power was from the board, not from a DNA thang.....if he had switched powers (which he actually should have) it would have been the organic armour, not the power from SS board.

-When Johnny could switch powers,like after he got the Thing's powers,could he of given the Thing's powers to Sue if he touched her?

-Also how come Johnny's voice didn't change like it did do to Ben's?

Both FF movies are full of little mistakes like this, thats is one of my big problems with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"