HUMAN TORCH/Chris Evans DISCUSSION

Just go back and see some of his performances in other movies like Not Another Teen Movie and Cellular - and you can see he can carry himself pretty well in a variety of genres.

I saw those two movies and he does so good in them. I agree. I really love how he does in those two movies. He can do so well the comedy and then, do an amazing serious role in other movies too. He is a really good actor already, and still growing up.

And, I went to the cinema back in April to watch Sunchine and he does a serious role there and he does it amazing. It's a very weird movie, but, he did very good his character.

Hhhmmm And why the hell they released Sunchine in April here, and in July there; and then..... they release FF2 here in August????!!!!!:o

Just go back and see some of his performances in other movies like Not Another Teen Movie and Cellular - and you can see he can carry himself pretty well in a variety of genres.

I would actually look to a movie like "London" to show his difference in parts, to me Not Another Teen Movie and Cellular are very much like the character of Johnny....

I would actually look to a movie like "London" to show his difference in parts, to me Not Another Teen Movie and Cellular are very much like the character of Johnny....

Yeah, but his role in Cellular was more serious. I liked him there. Anyway, London is the next movie I'm going to see. I didn't see that before! Thanks.

Yeah, but his role in Cellular was more serious. I liked him there. Anyway, London is the next movie I'm going to see. I didn't see that before! Thanks.

He was a cocky, early 20's, guy who didn't really care about much more that the hot girls and hanging with friends...it wasn't until he was thrown into a situation that he had to look beyond the shallow things in life and make harder decisions....sound familiar?

dunno if it was posted already but a new HT Wallpaper

Wallpaper_5__1024x768.jpg

1280 by 800

1280 by 1024

1600 by 1200

I liked Evans much more in this one.
Looked hotter and was more comedic.

I really liked Evans.
He was great as Johnny Storm. Really, he is one thing that I love about the FF movies. Tim Story got him right, again.

He was a cocky, early 20's, guy who didn't really care about much more that the hot girls and hanging with friends...it wasn't until he was thrown into a situation that he had to look beyond the shallow things in life and make harder decisions....sound familiar?

Hhhmmmm, well, now that you explain it that way..... LOL. You know, I saw Cellular before but missed the beginning. Now that you mentioned that, I saw it again and saw how he was before all that started and you are right. But, anyway, he did it soooo well. Now I'm trying to find London to watch it.....

I gotta say, I think Chris Evans is in the top 5 of Marvel characters translated to screen! This guy provides a lot of much-needed characterization to this (and the Marvel) franchise as a whole. :up:

I really think the Human Torch really was done better in this film,a bit of humor..but a sence of seriousness because of his condition.

Human Torch definately improved in FF2. In the first film he was all about being cool and being popular. In FF2 he was better because he had more feelings and emotions, and even got scared. He was more likeable. He is following spidey's footsteps.

He is the best part about the FF films imo.

Him and the thing are great to see on screen together.

I enjopyed seeing Torch and Thing at the bar. They really got to know each other much better. And Torch had a great personality in this film, I give him credit for that.

I agree... he is the best character of the films followed by the Thing.

Hey guys/gals,

I know this doesnt sound like it relate's to FF but it does.

I was watching the amazing movie Sunshine today for about the 5th time, and Chris Evans gives a REALLY good performance, his career best in fact, and i was just wondering why does he rarely get the chance to show those acting skills in an FF movie?

I mean, he is great in the role of Johnny, almost perfect in fact, but they really havent let him properly ACT in a scene in an FF movie yet. The scene were Sue 'dies' would have been the perfect time, but again it was wasted.

Gruffudd is another who has a lot of acting ability but has rarely had the chance the to show it in an FF movie, and its a real shame.

It shows how, un-serious (is that a word?), the FF franchise has been treated really, as if these actors would have been REALLY pushed to show their skills, its possible we just might have had somethig special.

Anyway, to anyone who hasnt seen Sunshine, go and watch it, not only is it a great movie, but Chris Evans gives a great performance and a different one from Johnny as well.

Even Evans makes note of this, I recall reading an interview where he said that he would like the movies to take a more serious tone in 3 (if it happens)...not Batman Begins kind of serious, but just a tad less lighthearted.

Even Evans makes note of this, I recall reading an interview where he said that he would like the movies to take a more serious tone in 3 (if it happens)...not Batman Begins kind of serious, but just a tad less lighthearted.

Yeah, i think it was an Empire review wasnt it?

I remember reading something along those lines from him as well.

Yeah, i think it was an Empire review wasnt it?

I remember reading something along those lines from him as well.

It is from a video interview during the publicity run up to the movie...

It is from a video interview during the publicity run up to the movie...

Oh right, i remember reading an Empire review were he mentioned something similar.

Also, when asked about the interest in FF2, he said, "I think people are just wondering whether we can get any worse." But he was serious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"