Humor

Sundancer

Cynicist
Reaction score
Lexi says it's going to be like the Maxx series, yet we have Detective Soap and Wayne Knight as Microhip. Yeah, Wayne can be serious, I just have trouble picturing him as so and Soap is pretty much dark, comic relief.

How do you guys think humor will play into the movie? If it doesn't, thoughts on having Soap and Wayne Knight in it?

I think that Wayne Knight is perfect casting... I mean now that I think about it, I can't really imagine anyone else as Microchip. Hopefully Wayne has really amped up the seriousness and is not similiar to his previous roles but yes, I think it's good casting and that he's up to it. As for the use of Detective Martin Soap... I think it's a good idea if used well. A movie as dark as this may need a few moments of comic relief as it is generally difficult to sustain such a high degree of tension... I just hope that any humour used with the character is toned down from the degree used when Ennis wrote the character (the bizarre incest and alcoholic homosexual serial killer encounters). But yeah, if used right, these two are perfect, and from Lexi's answers, I think it'll be done well, yeah.

I have always laughed at the MAX series just about as much as the Marvel Knights series. Still though you make good points... and I wonder the same things.

I could easily see Soap in the MAX series, hes no crazier than Ink or Pittsy(and his eventual ridiculous replacement.)
So I think any character can be shaped to fit into the Max universe's brand of humor.

As I think about it... there are several funny/ridiculous characters in the Max series, but it is primarily Frank that is treated differently IMO. Much darker and more serious, I might even say more real in the Max series. It feels like Garth is really exploring Frank's darkeness where that wasn't always the case in the other Ennis series.

I guess we aren't really dealing with the Max universe, we are dealing with Lexi's adaptation of that universe so I am interested to see what she does with the humorous aspects of the comics.

Soap is a depressingly funny character, but I could do without to more ludicrous angles of his story being included.
At least not for the purposes this movie.

I really think the humor needs to be dry and black.

as long as we don't get anything like dave and bumpo dancing around, it'll be okay.

Soap would be nice comic relief. I think the parts that I will laugh most at are when the badguys run towards Castle, unwittingly, and he turns around and they see the skull and it's an immediate "Oh F***" moment.

I thought the humor worked well with the tone of the first film.

I'm hoping for more MAX style humor in this one. The kind of "funny" like the issue of MAX where Frank casually asks a prostitute about her pimp, then casually walks over to him and chokes him to death before going back to her and saying "Give the girl this money and tell the new guy I'll be watching." upon which he leaves as the prostitue sits there; bewildered.

That's the kinda funny I wanna see!

I thought the humor worked well with the tone of the first film.

I'm hoping for more MAX style humor in this one. The kind of "funny" like the issue of MAX where Frank casually asks a prostitute about her pimp, then casually walks over to him and chokes him to death before going back to her and saying "Give the girl this money and tell the new guy I'll be watching." upon which he leaves as the prostitue sits there; bewildered.

That's the kinda funny I wanna see!

Yeah, minus the fat chicks though please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"