Deathmatch Hype Deathmatches 3: Supplemental Question (Should Non Community Posters Participate)

Erzengel

|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|
Reaction score
Alright, I have a question for you all because of the Lightning Strykez, and CMill316 victories I have been reading a lot of posts that says that posters in other forums should not count.

Let's look at some of the facts here:
The people involved in these Deathmatches are all common Community Posters.
Campaigning was and is allowed.
In the last deathmatches it was allowed.
But do people like Lightning Strykez have an unfair advantage?

Now, for Round 2, should I continue on with the same rules or should I only allow people who post predominately in the Community forums?

I'm basing my decision on the outcome of this thread.

I don't think people ought to be PMing complete strangers by the dozens in order to up their vote count. I think its cheating, and quite sad really.

I can't know the fans of every poster involved even if I were to be against "blind" pming.

I'm not going to campaign for my next round, I just don't feel like putting forth the effort.

But I'm voting No.

Yeah but cutting out none community posters would help stop "blind" pming campaigning.

I'm not so much against people pming actual regular members of the community. Because at least then, people here actually know whos involved and can make their own decision.

I say yes, because in the end this is a community first and foremost

I got jobbed by Calvin so changing the rules for the next round doesn't help me ... but ... I believe in democracy and say anyone should be able to vote.

It may be that some are lurkers and don't post a lot?

I also think that some people will/do send massive pms to get votes so anyone should be able to vote to make it fair ... IMO.

Perhaps if someone is pming to win they have self-esteem issues and if they don't get all the votes they may get desperate and do something crazy ... like leave their basement and try and make real friends in the outside world? :D

I still think a registration would be better. Make a thread before the matches start and have people put on a list. If you're not on the list, you can't vote. I wouldn't be right to exclude non-community people b/c they're Hypsters too; but you gotta come into the Community to see the registration list. That's be a better way to tell who's interested.

I really hope nobody would be desperate to win badly enough to mass PM their friends to register. That would just be sad.

Perhaps if someone is pming to win they have self-esteem issues and if they don't get all the votes they may get desperate and do something crazy ... like leave their basement and try and make real friends in the outside world? :D

You talkin crazy! :p

C speaks well. Register. Or don't vote.

Don't make him angry ... we know what happens then ... Tacos anyone?

I agree with the registration idea. That way, only people who at least come to the community on occasion would be able to vote.

I'm gonna loiter around that Taco Bell over the summer, and just wait for those punks :cmad:

Geez, as nice as the registration voting sounds, it makes a lot more work for me.

Before I vote, to illustrate the complexities....do you really want the headache?

Are Kevin Roegelle votes allowed?
How about if Sarge comes back and votes...or Daisy?

Also, I'm almost only on from 8am to 5pm, M-F.
The few times I'm on late at night or on the weekend, I see a slew of posters, a whole family of apparent regulars that I have never once heard of.

I see Tzarinna mixing it up with Dr.Chizzy-Wizzy18r-5X and Sodom-E and BatBallz, etc.

So as it is, if there's a vote that sounds fishy, you just have to check out how many posts they have and when they last posted.
With this, you'd also have to look through their posts to make sure they aren't just a community regular that's consistently on while you're busy living large.

- my thoughts

kakarot069 said:
I say yes, because in the end this is a community first and foremost

Okay, but then in that case technically it's not a "Hype" Deathmatch since the majority of the Hype would be excluded. It would be a Community Deathmatch.

My point to Erz last week was that some users spend more time in other sections of the site and may be less known on this particular board. So if the competitor sends out word that he's in a match (a match that--let's face it--those folks would never know about) OR has someone there campaign for him, how is that violating the rules?

EXAMPLE: Look at Cmill and Superman79's wins: They are well-known on the Hero boards and their peers there came out to support then. Yet when they won, they started getting bashed for getting support from the people they converse/post with everyday--as if to say, the opinions of users on the Hero Boards don't mean as much. :confused:

My stance is: If this is truly a SHH 'popularity' contest, a competitor's reputation throughout the Hype should be allowed to reflect itself in the polls.

Okay, but then in that case technically it's not a "Hype" Deathmatch since the majority of the Hype would be excluded. It would be a Community Deathmatch.

My point to Erz last week was that some users spend more time in other sections of the site and may be less known on this particular board. So if the competitor sends out word that he's in a match (a match that--let's face it--those folks would never know about) OR has someone there campaign for him, how is that violating the rules?

EXAMPLE: Look at Cmill and Superman79's wins: They are well-known on the Hero boards and their peers there came out to support then. Yet when they won, they started getting bashed for getting support from the people they converse/post with everyday--as if to say, the opinions of users on the Hero Boards don't mean as much. :confused:

My stance is: If this is truly a SHH 'popularity' contest, a competitor's reputation throughout the Hype should be allowed to reflect itself in the polls.

I don't know if you heard, but I'm kind of a big deal in the comics sections of this place [/Ron Burgundy] :D

I agree that all votes should count the same, but I didn't wanna bug all my buddies down there with floods of PMs to vote for me. That's the problem, making the other sections aware of the Deathmatches without only advertizing to people who you know will vote for you.

You are the mod of FF and what X-Men forums. Not trying to ridicule them but some of them voted 10s on Ratings for X3 and FF. LOL

But seriously, most of the people there know you if not personally but because you are a mod. It does give you an advantage LS.

For instance some may be known in say Combat threads or on the GR side of this board, but not recruit votes to win ... Community should include all the people who can vote from anywhere.

If someone does the work to get their regular contacts to come here is that wrong then?

Just thinking out loud ... and wondering where RedMarvel is to flirt with :D :ghost:

I don't think people ought to be PMing complete strangers by the dozens in order to up their vote count. I think its cheating, and quite sad really.

But the question is: "Strangers" to whom? Strangers to mainstays here, or strangers to the Deathmatch competitor?

I agree that just blindly contacting Jo-Blo newbie with 2 posts is lame. But we must admit that there are users who have well-known "voices" on their respective forums but are virtual nobodys when they come here. But that doesn't mean they can't personally vouch for the participant.

Why not make it an electorate, with more points coming from say, Comics-related forum voters, mid-range electorals votes coming from the TV forum, and heavy influence coming from Community voters???

I mean, it's not exactly fare to say people can or can't vote. But if you want "influence without bias" to count...the electoral process would work.

Hmmm...**But then we'd need to vote on the Electoral power**

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"