Hype M.D.: Diagnose a Hypester

AlteredEgo

Hello...
Reaction score
sooo ive been waking up with really dry eyes recently. like, blind for the first few minutes dry. i thought it may have been pinkeye 'cause my eyes were really red, but that went away after about a day. any ideas?

oh. ive also had gwen steffani the sweet escape stuck in my head for about three days... so yeah.. if we could figure that one out while we're at it..

so whats the diagnosis doc? will i ever play the violin again?

sooo ive been waking up with really dry eyes recently. like, blind for the first few minutes dry. i thought it may have been pinkeye 'cause my eyes were really red, but that went away after about a day. any ideas?

oh. ive also had gwen steffani the sweet escape stuck in my head for about three days... so yeah.. if we could figure that one out while we're at it..

The prognosis isn't good. You're becoming...A HOLLA' BACK GIRL! Duh Duh Duh!!!!!!!! :confused:

I'll go with about half of them having hepatitis C. Carry on.

I work in the Veterinary field, so I'll only be able to diagnose the few Hypesters with animal names, like jag or DL.

I already know I have delusions of grandeur with bouts of superiority complexes.

If you had pink eye you'd have a watery discharge not dryness.

You might have Dry Eye Syndrome (60 million Americans suffer from it). I want you to go to the mirror, do this now and in the morning when you wake up tomorrow, and look at your under eyelids. Are they really red, red or pink?

Do your eyes burn in the morning? Do you have blurred vision, light sensitivity? Do you feel like you have a foreign object stuck in your eye?

Oh, Altered....do you sleep with your eyes open? Maybe that's what's going on and you don't realize it. :yay:

Or, maybe....http://www.webmd.com/eye-health/dry-eye-syndrome

hmm, maybe i sleep with my eyes open. that would suck. i already talk in my sleep some. i must be scary as **** at a sleepover. :D

If you had pink eye you'd have a watery discharge not dryness.

You might have Dry Eye Syndrome (60 million Americans suffer from it). I want you to go to the mirror, do this now and in the morning when you wake up tomorrow, and look at your under eyelids. Are they really red, red or pink?

Do your eyes burn in the morning? Do you have blurred vision, light sensitivity? Do you feel like you have a foreign object stuck in your eye?
well about a week or so ago i did have a lot more uh, i dont know the medical term, but y'know the "sleep dust/boogers" in your eyes when you first wake up? i had a lot of that. to the point that i pretty much couldnt open my eyes 'til i pulled that **** off. my vision gets really blurry at night, so maybe im thinking its eye strain throughout the day or something. :huh:

I broke the tip of my ring finger at work a week ago. It goes crunch when I touch it, does that mean it's healing?

hmm, maybe i sleep with my eyes open. that would suck. i already talk in my sleep some. i must be scary as **** at a sleepover. :D

well about a week or so ago i did have a lot more uh, i dont know the medical term, but y'know the "sleep dust/boogers" in your eyes when you first wake up? i had a lot of that. to the point that i pretty much couldnt open my eyes 'til i pulled that **** off. my vision gets really blurry at night, so maybe im thinking its eye strain throughout the day or something. :huh:

Rheum, or "eye crust" is formed from a combination of Mucus coming in from the nose up to the tear duct; dead skin cells from eye lid*, leaked red blood cells and dust.

*That's why I asked what color your eye lids were.

Everything that you've told me so far indicates Dry Eye Syndrome.

I broke the tip of my ring finger at work a week ago. It goes crunch when I touch it, does that mean it's healing?

Have you had an x-ray? Broken or "Jammed" finger?

The crunching sound is called "Crepitus" caused by the joint bones hitting each other. It occurs when the cartilage between the joints have been irritated, breaking a finger does that! :) However, it's not an indication of healing. Since I can't see the finger, my best guess is that it hasn't set completely. It usually takes about 2 weeks of rest.

Have you seen a doctor? If so, they should have put your finger in a splint. Usually a broken finger needs 2 weeks to set properly. I figure if you rest it for the next week or two the crunching should go away.

If you need to know how to set it PM me and I'll give you a step by step...it's easy enough, but I recommend a doctor or medical professional do it.

Have you had an x-ray? Broken or "Jammed" finger?

The crunching sound is called "Crepitus" caused by the joint bones hitting each other. It occurs when the cartilage between the joints have been irritated, breaking a finger does that! :) However, it's not an indication of healing. Since I can't see the finger, my best guess is that it hasn't set completely. It usually takes about 2 weeks of rest.

Have you seen a doctor? If so, they should have put your finger in a splint. Usually a broken finger needs 2 weeks to set properly. I figure if you rest it for the next week or two the crunching should go away.

If you need to know how to set it PM me and I'll give you a step by step...it's easy enough, but I recommend a doctor or medical professional do it.

I've been to the doctor, it's a hairline fracture. They gave me a splint, but I can't sit at home, I have to work and that means using my hands. I go for a follow up on the 20th, he's sure to give me **** for not taking it easy.

I've been to the doctor, it's a hairline fracture. They gave me a splint, but I can't sit at home, I have to work and that means using my hands. I go for a follow up on the 20th, he's sure to give me **** for not taking it easy.

It's not really that big of a deal. It'll eventually set and the "crunching" will go away, it just might take a little longer 2-4 weeks longer.

What you could do, since it's only the tip, is to use masking tape and place it in between the joint area. This way you can use your finger, but keep the problem area set.

Oh, Vit. D is great for joint/bone healing.

Instead of the splint he gave me?

You need your hands for work right? And it's ONLY the very tip right? So, there's no reason to immobilize the whole finger and since you're not wearing the splint at all, the tape in between the joint bone is an occupational alternative.

BUT, when you go home use the splint!

I wear the splint at work. It helps keep it out of the way. I tend to hit it a lot and it's sore by the end of the day and stiff. I don't wear it at home. I'll ask Doctor Sexy on Thursday.

I dont know what any of you have, but I've learned anything from watching House, I can assure all of you that it is not, by any means, Lupus. Unless this thread goes 4 seasons. Then it will be Lupus, but only once.

I wear the splint at work. It helps keep it out of the way. I tend to hit it a lot and it's sore by the end of the day and stiff. I don't wear it at home. I'll ask Doctor Sexy on Thursday.

Oooh, I thought you weren't wearing it at work.

If the problem is the pain and stiffness just take a pain
reliever/anti-inflammatory before work, then at lunch.

Oooh, I thought you weren't wearing it at work.

If the problem is the pain and stiffness just take a pain
reliever/anti-inflammatory before work, then at lunch.

Yep, 3x's a day was what was prescribed. I usually only do it once a day. I'm a terrible patient.

Yep, 3x's a day was what was prescribed. I usually only do it once a day. I'm a terrible patient.

If you do it before and during work it will definitely help with the pain and inflammation. Also, it speeds the healing process as the blood vessels can deliver nutrients to the injured area quicker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"