• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Hypothetical: Movie Dealbreakers

That-Guy

Avenger
Reaction score
Have you ever been really excited about a particular movie that's coming, and then somewhere throughout the course of production something happens or is revealed that makes you not want to see the film? It could be a casting choice or a director or screenwriter is brought on board that you hate. Or perhaps a plot change is revealed that you don't agree with (this usually only applies to adaptations).

I'm curious to know what are some movies coming out that you're really excited about... and the things that could happen to them that would make you lose all interest. Here are a things I can think of that would make me NOT want to see these films:

Superman reboot - casting Channing Tatum as Superman

Batman 3 - replacing Christian Bale (this was a rumor at one point)

Green Lantern - it didn't happen, but if Timberlake had landed the lead role, I wouldn't have bothered to see it

The Dark Tower - Ron Howard's involvement has me seriously considering skipping this one altogether, if it is ever made

No, I'm very laid back about movies, I don't carry hate ons for any actor in particular or writer, and with directors I am open to their next work even if I didn't like their prior films. Case in point Guy Ritchie, I don't like the type of film he usually makes but it didn't stop me seeing Sherlock Holmes which I really enjoyed.

Brett Ratner

LOL, for anything, eh?

Yeah, I'd have to agree with you on that one.

Although, I hope he does end up making that Youngblood movie starring Robert Pattinson that he was touting. Can you imagine how horrid that would be? It would be a spectacle of mediocrity to behold. Terrible comic + terrible director + terrible lead actor = the worst superhero movie of all time (yeah, it might even be worse than Catwoman or Steel).

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"