The "Pitch a Movie" Thread

Time travelling angels fight super-intelligent demons for control of human history.

But it's all because Satan made a wager with God. Angels see if good can win using their time travel and demons see if evil can win using their super-intelligence.

Even with time travel it's hard for the angels to gain the upper-hand. It's like the demons are always a few steps ahead.

I've got three ideas of my own, all basically combined homages to other movies I love, that are basically part of what could be considered a shared universe. One of them is this:
On the Florida coast, a small marine research institute is struggling to stave off takeover by a much larger multi-million-dollar aquatic theme park aiming to capture and exhibit the various marine mammals the institute studies - in particular, a killer whale who has a telepathic link to the institute's director - and to this end the desperate director and her two closest associates seek out and find a fabled man-gator whose very existence would be historic enough to divert attention away from the theme park and drum up interest and support for the institute. Indeed, the man-gator - found as a member of a dying sideshow - has the intellectual capacity of the average adult human stuffed inside a bipedal reptilian physiognomy, but he's also got a penchant for boozing, brawling and womanizing which turns out to be the REAL reason everybody takes to him. Everybody, that is, except for the icy CEO of the aforementioned theme park's parent company, who sends her best animal-wrangler lackeys to try to either capture the man-gator (and lobotomize him to make him less troublesome but keep him alive), sabotage the institute by sullying its good name, or both. She comes very close to succeeding at both, but a fatal snag in the plan develops: the previously-advanced theme park robot whom she intends the captured man-gator to replace due to cost issues has become sentient enough to realize he's about to be screwed over, and decides a means of circumventing his safety protocols is in order...

Last edited:
Rabbi falls in love with female Golem he created to fight the nazis.

Naked Island

A magical island burns off the clothes of anyone who sets foot on it.

Starring Scarlett Johansson, Christina Hendricks, Alison Brie, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Rosario Dawson, Hayley Atwell, Kat Dennings, Sofía Vergara and Helen Mirren as The Queen of Naked Island.

Can't wait for a sequel - Naked Island 2
Starring Amber Heard, Amanda Seyfried, Kate Beckinsale, Margot Robbie, Emilia Clarke, Emily VanCamp, Gemma Arterton, Alexandra Daddario Katheryn Winnick, Eva Green and Chris Pratt who gets shipwrecked on the island.

Rabbi falls in love with female Golem he created to fight the nazis.

...that sounds awesome.

And speaking of golems, here's mine:

Walachia during the reign of Vlad the Impaler. A adventurous, ambitious and knowledge-hungry knight with a prosthetic metal fist he made himself joins the Impaler's army during the latter's second return to his kingdom. Caught up in the war between the Blood Brothers of Radu Dracula and Vlad Dracula, he befriends and enters a strange relationship with a Jewish rabbi, his somewhat wild and heavily educated daughter, and their quiet, mysterious protector (a golem).

When a creature begins to feed on both armies, the rabbi hears whispers of dark magic and necromancy in the eldritch academy of the Scholomance. He sends his daughter, the protector and the knight to see if there are any ties to the new creature. There they meet a rude and petty figure who nonetheless hordes great knowledge, but at a cost: they want to defeat the monster, they must kill another, a cursed and pitiable were-wolf.

Armed with this knowledge, the knight and the daughter reveal the creatures weakness to both brothers. But the creature is neither of them. With the death toll growing, the knight ventures back for more information, in particular the knowledge the rabbi has kept from him: the life of the Golem. He makes a deal and discovers the dark secret of the first born son of Dracul, the long dead father of the Blood Brothers. But this price is high, and the temptation of more arcane knowledge will drive the knight and his family into a generations long war...

And thus began the war between Dracula the Vampyre and the Family Frankenstein.

...that sounds awesome.

And speaking of golems, here's mine:

Walachia during the reign of Vlad the Impaler. A adventurous, ambitious and knowledge-hungry knight with a prosthetic metal fist he made himself joins the Impaler's army during the latter's second return to his kingdom. Caught up in the war between the Blood Brothers of Radu Dracula and Vlad Dracula, he befriends and enters a strange relationship with a Jewish rabbi, his somewhat wild and heavily educated daughter, and their quiet, mysterious protector (a golem).

When a creature begins to feed on both armies, the rabbi hears whispers of dark magic and necromancy in the eldritch academy of the Scholomance. He sends his daughter, the protector and the knight to see if there are any ties to the new creature. There they meet a rude and petty figure who nonetheless hordes great knowledge, but at a cost: they want to defeat the monster, they must kill another, a cursed and pitiable were-wolf.

Armed with this knowledge, the knight and the daughter reveal the creatures weakness to both brothers. But the creature is neither of them. With the death toll growing, the knight ventures back for more information, in particular the knowledge the rabbi has kept from him: the life of the Golem. He makes a deal and discovers the dark secret of the first born son of Dracul, the long dead father of the Blood Brothers. But this price is high, and the temptation of more arcane knowledge will drive the knight and his family into a generations long war...

And thus began the war between Dracula the Vampyre and the Family Frankenstein.
Thank you:yay:
I think your story would make a great epic dark fantasy film, a trilogy at least lol, and I like the way you connect mythologies:up:

I would like to see Shakespeare done with modern period piece language as opposed to the shakespearean dialogue. I think they would make so much bank. The stories are very good but most people struggle to understand them because of the archaic dialogue. I know plenty of people would be against changing shakespeares dialogue, but its a business and I think there is a lot of money to be made this way.

this brings up another question, does anyone know when Shakespeare is translated to other languages, do they, for example, put it in old french or modern french?

Dead Reckoning: Told from a zombie's point of view instead of a human's. A group of zombies fight for survival in a world infested with humans. The zombies must choose who to eat & who to convert to join their fight while assembling weapons to fight back against evil humans who will try to bring them down. Kind of a Return Of The Living Dead movie without so much emphasis on them only eating just BRAINS with a little bit of a Walking Dead parody thrown into the mix.

You know how we're getting all of these reboots of 80's and 90's kids television shows? TMNT, Transformers, Power Rangers, etc.? I wanna see some big screen adaptations of books that I read and adored as a kid. Some would really lend themselves well to movies in my opinion.

The two I had in mind were Akiko and the Planet Smoo and The Candy Shop War.

Akiko was a story about a Japanese middle school girl who gets whisked away by a couple of aliens that had an urgent mission just for her. An alien sorceress queen type character had some evil plan that required her to travel with a motley crew of alien adventurers to stop her. Most of the details of the first couple of books are escaping me, but the third book - the Wall of Trudd - is one of my favorite sci-fi stories ever. It'd translate really well to a movie: animated or live action!

The Candy Shop War would be for a slightly older audience in the pre-teen to young teen age group, but still sort of family friendly. A new kid in town makes friends with a bunch of other misfits who end up finding this new candy shop run by a seemingly sweet old lady who secretly creates magic candies that grant the eater temporary superpowers. Each candy grants a different kind of super power, and they get hooked on these. Eventually, the shop owner starts asking them to do little favors for her to earn access to new kinds of candy which eventually get really sketchy. Eventually the kids wind up in a war between witches and wizards that all create these super power candies and a more sinister plot gets uncovered.

Great read and would translate really well to both live action and animation. I could see it becoming the next Maze Runner sort of movie series for teens if marketed and put together correctly.

Two employees who discover their boss, Bernie, dead. Discovering Bernie has ordered their deaths to cover up his embezzlement, with orders to refrain from killing them if he is around, they attempt to convince people that Bernie is still alive.

Two employees who discover their boss, Bernie, dead. Discovering Bernie has ordered their deaths to cover up his embezzlement, with orders to refrain from killing them if he is around, they attempt to convince people that Bernie is still alive.

Does this occur over the course of 48 to 72 hours?

Modernizations of Shakespear's classics, using modern English for dialogue.

Romeo & Juliette where the Montagues and Capulettes are modern day mob families.

Hamlet, with Hamlet's father and uncle being unscrupulous fight promoters.

MacBeth, with the character of MacBeth being the highly supersticious Vice President of the United States who assissinates the President because three fortune tellers tell him he will one day become the US President.

1) Not The Family Business - An aging mafia boss is horrified to discover that his son has become a police officer. Not just a police officer but an honest police officer who will not bend or break the law to help "the Family". Hilarity ensues.

2) Untitled King Arthur film - King Arthur rises from the dead after many centuries to save the world in its time of need... FROM ZOMBIES! His only ally is the mythical Irish hunter Fionn mac Cumhaill (AKA: Finn MacCool and Finn MacCoul) also recently awakened from his own eternal slumber. Can they put their differences aside long enough to save the world?

Pediatrician, Doctor Jennifer Matrix (Alyssa Milano), is in Thailand for Doctors Without Borders providing medical aid to impoverished villages. A vicious drug cartel arrives and rounds up many of the villagers to force them to work in the poppy fields. One of the villagers hides Jennifer from the cartel. When he tries to refuse to work for the cartel, they beat him to death as she watches from her hiding place. After the cartel leaves, she contacts her father, Colonel John Matrix (Arnold Schwarzenegger: Commando) for help. While he wants to help his daughter, Colonel Matrix knows that he isn’t as physically capable of doing it single handed anymore. So he calls in back up. Green Beret Colonel James Braddock (Chuck Norris: Missing In Action), Navy SEAL Lieutenant Casey Ryback (Stephen Seagal: Under Siege), Green Beret Sergeant John Rambo (Sylvester Stallone: First Blood), Sergeant Leon Gaultier of the French Foreign Legion (Jean Claude Van Damme: Lion Heart), former Soviet Spetznaz Lieutenant Nikolai Rachenko (Dolph Lundgren: Red Scorpion), and ex-CIA agent Ken Tani (Sho Kosugi: Black Eagle). Together they defend the village against the drug cartels army of mercenaries.

And yes, this is a modernized retelling of The Seven Samurai.

I would like to see Shakespeare done with modern period piece language as opposed to the shakespearean dialogue. I think they would make so much bank. The stories are very good but most people struggle to understand them because of the archaic dialogue. I know plenty of people would be against changing shakespeares dialogue, but its a business and I think there is a lot of money to be made this way.

this brings up another question, does anyone know when Shakespeare is translated to other languages, do they, for example, put it in old french or modern french?

Romeo and Juliet = West Side Story

Hamlet = The Lion King

I’m sure there are more, but that’s all I can think of at the moment.

Wake Up Call

Surviving family members of the victims of various mass shootings, enraged and driven mad by the governments inaction, band together and come up with a plan to use the lack of common sense gun laws to force the government to pass such laws. They realize that as long as the NRA has puppet politicians in their back pocket, they are going to have to out bribe the NRA in order to force the government to do their damn jobs.

The families of the victims of Columbine, Sandy Hook, Pulse Nightclub, Parkland, etc plan an organized mass attack on Disney properties. Stashing guns and ammunition in wheelchairs and mobility scooters, some of the group smuggle their guns into Disneyland and Disney World. Others attend marathon screenings of Star Wars and Avengers movies being used to promote upcoming films of those franchises, dressed as Deadpool and Bullseye for the Marvel movies and as Imperial Stormtroopers for the Star Wars movies and hiding their guns as a part of their costumes. Still others go to The Disney Store at various locations.

They open fire on the public, gunning down guests and workers alike. They’re all eventually killed by armed police and/or SWAT officers. Their manifesto reads that this is America’s wake up call that no one is safe. In a panic, Disney Corporate decides to financially back any gun legislation that would prevent this type of violence from happening again. They outbid the NRA at every turn. The NRA gives a politician $30million to block Federal Universal Background Checks? Disney gives that same politician $50million to do the opposite. The greed of the politicians ends up forcing them to do what previously their greed had prevented them from doing. Their jobs.

I have like three or four ideas rolling around but I feel like I got inspired by movies I already seen, so it might come off derivative.

This is one that came to me watching a repeat of "Mysteries At The Museum"...
Mothman v. The City Of Point Pleasant, WV
A courtroom fantasy-comedy about the Mothman not only being concretely proven real, but mad as hell that the townsfolk are capitalizing on his image without him getting one cent.

The Society of Remarkable Champions

The year is 2020. Bethany Swan, recent widower with a mysterious past and a bit of a bite, is recruited by Director of the CIA John Rian and tasked with assembling a team of remarkable individuals to protect the interests of the United States. The team consists of:

Doctor Henry, a retired professor, former treasure hunter, now a pot farmer.
Jack, a seemingly mild-mannered man with an mayhem loving alter ego known as Taylor.
Christian Pateman, once a successful investment banker, now descended into psychosis and murder.
Admiral Tomato, a lonely hearted naval officer in command of a lemon colored U-boat.

Together they must put aside their differences and stop an impeding war between The Guangzhounan, a Chinese gang leader, and Kelsey Stroszek, an illusive criminal mastermind.

Mrs Swan - Teresa Palmer
Doctor Henry - Tom Selleck
Jack - John Cusack / Taylor - Stephen Dorff
Christian Pateman - Casper Van Dien
Admiral Tomato - Ian Heart
D/CIA John Rian - William Baldwin
The Guangzhounan - Nicolas Cage
Kelsey Stroszek - Christopher Plummer

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics