• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

I almost got a heart attack...

Lunar_Wolf

WTF face
Reaction score
So there I was looking up some of my movies sites. Themovieblog.com is my favorite movie site of all. This was posted by Rodney.

Following the exciting reaction that the Transformers TV Spots have given us, we get MORE insight into the Transformers. John and Doug have gone to LA, and their first duty in Lala-land was to attend an advanced screening of Transformers. They nearly missed out on it with delayed flights that had them arriving in LA a mere 2 hours before this morning's screening. John managed to email his review before they caught up on some much needed sleep.

<B>
I have been anticipating this movie for over a year and now finally I get the chance to see it, and I have mixed feelings. Lets get to them here:
ON THE GOOD SIDE
- The film is visually INCREDIBLE to look at. The character designs are PERFECT. You can forgive someone who forgets they're watching a movie instead of a moving piece of cgi on screen. These robots look so damned real. It's that good looking.
- The action is every bit as intense and chest pounding as you could hope for
- The characters know their role. They are just decoration. This is the ROBOT's Movie. Its all about the Transformers.
ON THE BAD SIDE
- Megatron sounds HORRIBLE. It is the worst voice casting EVER. Hugo Weaving is an awesome guy, but this just wasn't a good fit.
- I hope you like Megatron and Optimus Prime. We don't see much of the other Transformers AT ALL. They are mostly there for filler and some real eyecandy, but there is about 10 minutes of screen time for ALL of them. The rest is just Prime and Megatron.
- There is a pointless plot hook that gets completely overlooked before the end of the movie. Optimus Prime mentions that he came to earth to hide as he has a disease and is dying. This seems to go unmentioned for the remainder of the film.
- This is the part I hated the most. It is the very premise of the movie so it isn't much of a spoiler. Megatron comes to Earth seeking the Spark (the thing that gives transformers life) - they call it Energon in this movie. Prime destroys the Energon to stop all the carnage and destruction on Earth. Sacrificing the only thing that brings about the continuation of their species to save the people of Earth. "If we are going to destroy life to keep this from you, then it will be OUR lives we destroy, not theirs" Such a lame ending. Megatron simply leaves and Prime goes back to just being a Truck to live out his days. So bad.
OVERALL
The movie is a lot of INCREDIBLE action, but no story at all. This was the biggest letdown of my entire movie viewing life. This movie had SO much potential, and visually it exceeds even that. But even though we were expecting a simple plot and lots of action we got too much of an extreme here. The action was incredible, the visuals are better than anything I have ever seen, but the plot and story are the worst I have ever seen.
Overall I give Transformers a 5 out of 10 and on a scale of No, Go, or Routh I sadly give it a No (unless you just want to see the animation)</B>
I have no words.

Of course this is an April fools joke but for a few minutes it had me and my heart was pounding as I was crushed. I'm happy again because I know this was just a joke.

but...is it :(..i hate april fools joke that dare to mess with things i hold so dear

(not that i hold transformers close to my heart, but if someone did this for spider-man 3 then i too would have a heart attack)

I will ****ing kill myself and everyone along with it this happens. Your on my list first:cmad:

The movie is a lot of INCREDIBLE action, but no story at all.

Despite this maybe being an April Fool joke, do you REALLY think that the sentence above isn't going to perfectly describe the Transformers movie? --Because I'm pretty sure that about sums it up.

Despite this maybe being an April Fool joke, do you REALLY think that the sentence above isn't going to perfectly describe the Transformers movie? --Because I'm pretty sure that about sums it up.

Transformers never really had a great story to begin with. I'm just expecting an entertaining fun flick.

Perhaps, but don't underestimate Michael Bay's ability to produce frustrating, moron-friendly movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"