• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Things you never got to experience as a kid

Makes me sad to see so many of you were never boy scouts or ever went camping. My buds and I still go camping for 2 weeks every summer and we are grown men.

I went camping with the boy scouts and some ******ed kid tried to molest me. They put him in another tent with a slow kid. I'm not sure what went down( they never told us) but it ended badly.

I NEVER HAD A ****ING BIG WHEEL!!! :cmad:

And it makes me sad.

Aw man, you missed out. I had one of these as a youngster.

214crwo.jpg

Yep, the Knight Rider version. :word: Lost it on the family move unfortunately. :csad:

As for what I missed out on.

Boy Scouts, summer camps, Chuck E. Cheese, Pop Warner or any other youth sport program like Little League, sleep overs.

Movies sure made summer camps look like hella fun.

Aw man, you missed out. I had one of these as a youngster.

214crwo.jpg

Yep, the Knight Rider version. :word: Lost it on the family move unfortunately. :csad:

As for what I missed out on.

Boy Scouts, summer camps, Chuck E. Cheese, Pop Warner or any other youth sport program like Little League, sleep overs.

Movies sure made summer camps look like hella fun.

I had the Knight Rider one too. It got stolen though:csad:

Chuck E. Cheese. Seriously, I heard that pizza tastes like ****.

I was pretty much into everything as a little kid. I loved my big wheel soooo much. It was red with yellow flames and it was just awesome. Just the color of it made me want to ride it.

Cable TV. We had three channels until I was 14 or 15, so I was wayyy behind on most popular shows. Thank goodness for THE SIMPSONS reruns.

Do people even go to Chuck E. Cheese anymore; hell, does it even still exist? I still remember when it was called Showbiz Pizza.

Do people even go to Chuck E. Cheese anymore; hell, does it even still exist? I still remember when it was called Showbiz Pizza.

Yes, it's alive and well. There's one here in Athens actually.

Makes me sad to see so many of you were never boy scouts or ever went camping. My buds and I still go camping for 2 weeks every summer and we are grown men.

I was in scouts and it was pretty much a waste of time. If I had to do it over again, I'd drop scouts and stick with playing piano.

I never learned to ride a bike...

I never got to dress as a ninja for Halloween (and I wanted to every year)...

I never had a pet...

Disney World. And I've still never gotten to go :cmad:

Same here, and we went to Orlando for vacation specifically to go to Disney World. When we got there we did everything else but go to Disney World. Universal Studios was fun, but I wanted to go to ****ing Disney World!:csad:

I never experienced Halloween. My family didn't celebrate it growing up. :(

Last edited:
Same here, and we went to Orlando for vacation specifically to go to Disney World. When we got there we did everything else but go to Disney World. Universal Studios was fun, but I wanted to go to ****ing Disney World!:csad:

I can't see myself ever wanting to go to Universal again thanks to them taking down the Back To The Future ride

I never had cable up until 2 years ago. That being said, I never watched much of the classic Nickelodeon cartoons like Rocko's Modern Life and such

I can't see myself ever wanting to go to Universal again thanks to them taking down the Back To The Future ride

They took that ride down?!:cmad: That was the best part of the whole park. It was worth waiting in line for a million hours to ride that thing. Looks like I'll never go back there either.:csad:

When I was a kid, I never really got into Transformers. Not that I didn't like it, it was just something that I never got a chance to experience.

But after seeing the live-action movie, the animated movie, the comics, and a few episodes of the original series I now like and have an appreciation for Transformers; recently I started collecting action figures from the new movie.

So, with that, is there anything you never really got into as a kid that you probably would have liked; but when you got older you got a chance to finally experience it?

Waterboarding.

Grandparents
Color TV (not until I was in the 11th grade)
Cable TV
Disney World

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"