I am the one who lounges!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just read this on a website:
It’s funny that you say “man” because it is definitely different for men than women to get a bartending job. In my experience, men need to be more prepared than women in this business. A bar manager is more likely to hire a beautiful woman than a man if they are equally qualified. I know I’ve been passed over. But it’s the nature of the business. There are a lot of bars that won’t even hire a guy in a bartending role. I’ve also known bars that, with all things being equal, the man would have to bar-back for a certain period of time before being allowed to bartend, but the woman can just step into being a bartender. It’s a reverse discrimination business.

What the **** is reverse discrimination? That's like "reverse racism"... no, it's just racism, and it's just discrimination. That really grinds my gears.

EDIT: Whaaaat I killed the thread and am the first real poster in a new one! I feel like a lucky lottery winner!

Being a Texan is so hard for me right now, I'm torn between the two incumbents for Governor. Greg Abbot is a conservative former Attorney General and a paraplegic and Wendy Davis is liberal female State Senator. The woman in me is leaning towards Davis, but I share political idealogies with both and it would be interesting to have an open paraplegic in office. :hmm

I heard about the Toronto mayor months ago on CNN but it wasn't until he admitted to using crack that he's really hit front page. Previously he denied using it at all, then he's seen on camera using it and suddenly he did, but he was drunk at the time. :huh:

Being a Texan is so hard for me right now, I'm torn between the two incumbents for Governor. Greg Abbot is a conservative former Attorney General and a paraplegic and Wendy Davis is liberal female State Senator. The woman in me is leaning towards Davis, but I share political idealogies with both and it would be interesting to have an open paraplegic in office. :hmm

But do you share political ideologies with the Kaneanites?

No because I'm more of an Undertaker-ite, myself. :o

0udDmtB.gif

I heard about the Toronto mayor months ago on CNN but it wasn't until he admitted to using crack that he's really hit front page. Previously he denied using it at all, then he's seen on camera using it and suddenly he did, but he was drunk at the time. :huh:

He's basically saying he was drunk so it doesn't really count and that no one can prove it and no matter what anyone says he's not leaving office because they can't charge him with anything.

I'm just glad that Perry is retiring. That dude was governor a long time ago. A real long time ago.

He's basically saying he was drunk so it doesn't really count and that no one can prove it and no matter what anyone says he's not leaving office because they can't charge him with anything.
I know it's his excuse. It's the same logic as "I was drunk when I hit that mailbox with my car so it isn't my fault."

I'm just glad that Perry is retiring. That dude was governor a long time ago. A real long time ago.

I'm glad he's retiring because I feel he's set the state of Texas back several decades and I'm not even a Texan.

I know it's his excuse. It's the same logic as "I was drunk when I hit that mailbox with my car so it isn't my fault."

I'm glad he's retiring because I feel he's set the state of Texas back several decades and I'm not even a Texan.

As much as I hate Perry, he hasn't been too bad. We're doing better than most states despite what people outside of here think about us. He's still not cool though, and I would like for my governor to be cool.

These lounges move fast, lol. :p

Not fast enough! We need to have a new one every two days.

I like how the Game of Thrones thread is a Stephen Dillinger General now.:o

Not fast enough! We need to have a new one every two days.
I don't know that I have that much to blab about, my life is pretty boring. :)

The Superman/Batman boards right now kinda suck.

Horrible things, DS, horrible things.

Yeah it's pretty much like watching a horrible accident with mass casualties. :o

Seriously, tell me what's happening over there now. The TDKR boards are pretty chill last time I checked. Really, I haven't been back to the Batfilm boards. I'm quite content with my current trilogy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"