Transformers I Can't Find 'Bumblebee' or 'StarScream' Anywhere?!? ... :(

Payload is ok. I give him a 6.8 out of 10.

Yeah, that's about right.

Longarm is cool. My only gripe is his gun/crane is screwed to his right hand. In his alt mode, the car doors don't snap into the slots very well. I'm tempted to just cut the pegs off completely.

I was about to try to yank the gun off until I looked and saw the screws :(

I was trying to do that, too. Then I noticed the screws as well.

so i was at wal-mart again a few days ago, and noticed they restocked deluxes again, but none of the major ones, just brawl, swindle, longarm, wreckage and arcee, then theres voyager ratchet repaint, voyager megatron and voyager thundercracker i think it is. the one that looks like SS but repainted. anyway just thought id let u guys know...
is there another way coming?

Well right after watching my dvd I felt the urge to buy a 08 bumblebee or Ratchet. Imagine that, the movie hooking me to buy an action figure ;)

Went to Walmart and they had some brawls, barricades, scorponoks, spy shots and dreadwing. Some not from the movie like a lowrider I think and thundercracker.

Also some 2 pack prime and megatron figures. There was still one reissue 20th anniversary prime and deluxe brawl.

Damn I hope I can find a ratchet or the 08 bumblebee still left. I'll check target soon. I hear they have the two pack bumblebee exclusive

they do have that 2 pack exclusive...and my target has had tons of them.

if ya want Ratchet go to Best Buy and pick up the Exclusive Metallic Painted Ratchet.

The week the movie came out in best buy's add there was a little picture of a ratchet that comes in the same kind of package that the metallic megatron is coming in, which a deal of getting $5 off that toy when you bought the movie. i haven't seen any pictures of it, so i don't know if it's the real movie color or that putrid green again.

The Best Buy Ratchet is the movie color. It's not the puke green. I just bought it today after seeing it and just thought it made Ratchet look badass. They also had the Megatron. The Megatron looked pretty badass too. Is the voyager Megatron figure worth picking up?

Here it is:

1f4e_1.JPG

I like it. But I don't feel like paying $20 for a fig I already have. I'm not really that annoyed by the puke green.

The new Ratchet is pretty cool. picked him up yesturday. I didnt buy any previous version of Ratchet. That's why I think he's pretty cool figure. Would the metallic megatron be worth picking up?

The only 'main characters' I'm missing as of right now are Blackout and Starscream. I'm only buying the characters in the film, none of this "video game" or "exclusive" character baloney.

However, when I randomly discovered the larger version of Brawl (he's quite cool), I got excited with hopes for a larger Blackout or Starscream. They both need it. Before I go on a hunt and spend $40 on those two somewhere, anyone know if there are plans for an upgrade of those characters?

I <3 my figures.
It started with Bumblebee, then came Optimus Prime, Ironhide, Jazz and Ratchet, then my g/f and I took a break thinking we'd only collect the Autobots. We bought the uber-Brawl when we noticed Brawl's upgrade, and Megatron and Scorponok were just about the last ones on the shelf; we couldn't pass it up. Then, randomly another store restocked Bonecrusher and Barricade a few days later... so we grabbed at that opportunity. We've given in to the urges, heh.:trans::trans::trans: = :woot::woot::woot:

Two left, but I want the best if there's going to be any better. Starscream looks the worst out of all the vehicle modes, so I'm holding out for more. Especially not gonna get the chintsy repaint. Blackout should be bigger, but he is still kinda nice. The only issue is that while the rest seem more or less to scale (sorry Bonecrusher), Blackout is supposed to be larger even than Megatron. We almost see this in the film, but I'm not going to deny the sources. That would make my shelf display quite wicked.
(On that note, if they upgraded Bonecrusher, I'd definitely re-buy him. Sure, his scene was short but it was flippin' sweet!)

Any news?

-Vaportrail

I'm having trouble with my brand new (damn it) classic Camero Bumblebee. The front of it, that flips down, won't clip into place in car mode, and just hangs out all automorphed and stuff. Can anyone help? I'm using some tape to hold it, but no one likes tape making a toy look ugly.

Two left, but I want the best if there's going to be any better. Starscream looks the worst out of all the vehicle modes, so I'm holding out for more. Especially not gonna get the chintsy repaint. Blackout should be bigger, but he is still kinda nice. The only issue is that while the rest seem more or less to scale (sorry Bonecrusher), Blackout is supposed to be larger even than Megatron. We almost see this in the film, but I'm not going to deny the sources. That would make my shelf display quite wicked.
(On that note, if they upgraded Bonecrusher, I'd definitely re-buy him. Sure, his scene was short but it was flippin' sweet!)

See, I think his robot mode is the worst.

The Starscream figure in general is kinda 'meh', but oh well.

My g/f and I are in NYC this week, and we were lucky enough to find Blackout and Starscream in the Toys R Us here. They definitely had a wider selection than any of my small stores in SW Michigan, but when we went first on Thursday afternoon/evening, the shelf was about half empty... not much variety there. An employee mentioned they were getting a shipment of Voyagers in for Friday, and that they were also opening at 8am for some reason. We got there around 9... and as luck would have it, hidden behind the various repaints and Voyager Optimus or Megatrons we were able to find one of each figure.

w00t!
So now, we have every character that appeared in the movie. That's where we're stopping, we don't see the rest as necessary. On an impulse, I also picked up the "Robot Replicas Frenzy", since the version that came with Barricade wasn't much of anything.

So, just in case you're wondering...

Autobots
'77 Camaro Bumblebee
Leader Optimus Prime
Ironhide
Jazz
Ratchet

Decepticons
Leader Brawl
Leader Megatron
Scorponok
Barricade
Bonecrusher
Blackout
Starscream
Robot Replicas Frenzy

I'll take some pics of them all together (for me mostly, but I'll share :p) when I get back to my place later this week.
Ahhh... success. I feel so complete.

Well, unless or until they upgrade any more of the Decepticons to Leader Class.

-Vaportrail

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"