Transformers New Michael Bay interview - Post 747

Iron Giant owned, and I too would welcome him. He did a great job with The Incredibles too.

did you change your avatar? And yes...The Incredibles are what FF should have been like.

Well, if Bay does his little movie AND PoP, I wonder if the studio will even wait for him to do TF2 since TF1 looks to bring in some serious monies. Will the money-hungry suits be willing to wait 2-3 years for another wallet steroid?

If they do drop his ass, please... No Ratner. :csad:

The only Spielbergo protege I would want taking this if Bay dropped out is Joe Johnston.

did you change your avatar?

Yeah, from one design I did to another.

decept.png
-->
con.png

If not the 'Berg' then I'd like to see Nimoy take a crack at it! :D

(That's a joke, by the way, he's retired).

The only Spielbergo protege I would want taking this if Bay dropped out is Joe Johnston.

No thanks, Joe Johnson is a passionless director. :down

Joe Johnson to 'Steven Spielberg' what Brett Ratner is to 'anyone he imitates'.

It just comes out a movie. That's it. No heart. No storytelling style or passion. Just a movie. :(

Wait for Bay, or let Spielberg himself do it.

i would like to see bay come back for the sequel as long as he doesnt wait 500 years to do it

No thanks, Joe Johnson is a passionless director. :down

Joe Johnson to 'Steven Spielberg' what Brett Ratner is to 'anyone he imitates'.

It just comes out a movie. That's it. No heart. No storytelling style or passion. Just a movie. :(

Wait for Bay, or let Spielberg himself do it.

I still don't understand all of the Ratner hate around these here parts.

Yūgi's BM;12084739 said:
I still don't understand all of the Ratner hate around these here parts.

He gets hate because of how he screwed up X-Men 3 and lied about things that were supposed to be in the film. I would like for him to keep making movies for the Rush Hour series. If Brett does this I won't have to worry about him screwing up movies that I'm actually interested in seeing.

I'm not sure who my choice for the director of the sequel would be if Bay leaves. Here are some of the following people that I would consider selecting:

James Cameron
Brian Singer
Sam Raimi
Christopher Nolan
Steven Spielberg
Terry Gilliam
Ridley Scott
David Cronenberg

Considering Nolan and Singer is wishful thinking since Warner Brothers have them signed for multiple sequels. Terry Gilliam would probably make the movie too campy but, I thought I'd throw his name out there. Ridley Scott might make the film too serious.

Please no Brian Singer...

Wait for Bay to come back if he's busy when the studio is ready. No one shoots action like him. Of course Spielberg would be a good follow up, since they both shared credit for this film and know what to go for (same vision).

I'm not sure who my choice for the director of the sequel would be if Bay leaves. Here are some of the following people that I would consider selecting:

James Cameron
Brian Singer
Sam Raimi
Christopher Nolan
Steven Spielberg
Terry Gilliam
Ridley Scott
David Cronenberg

Considering Nolan and Singer is wishful thinking since Warner Brothers have them signed for multiple sequels. Terry Gilliam would probably make the movie too campy but, I thought I'd throw his name out there. Ridley Scott might make the film too serious.

First of all, F&*$ Singer! :cmad:

Terry Gillium isn't up to par with a production like TF. He'd kill over. James Cameron invented the 'egomaniacal director', and his blouted budgets...yikes. Plus, he's onto his own pet projects. Nolan's locked into his own WB projects. Ridley Scott's probably a little too old to take on TF....and I don't want to see Russell Crowe in the sequel. :o And David Cronenberg?!? Do you want to see an NC-17 Transformers with nipples and genitals and robot/human sex scenes?? Cause that's what that'd look like :wow:

:o And David Cronenberg?!? Do you want to see an NC-17 Transformers with nipples and genitals and robot/human sex scenes?? Cause that's what that'd look like :wow:

I just had to laugh at that. Imagine Sam on an acid trip down a desert highway and suddenly he bursts out of prime's chest and then prime transgender forms:wow:

keep bay. Spielberg wont' do it. He's not gonna pick up someone else's work. If anything, i could have seen it going the other way, as in if spielberg did this one and doesn't want ot do it again and have bay pick iup.

But like Bay said, "it's his baby now." He doesn't want someone else to piss it away, which I admire.

Also, I like his emphasis on taking time with the story. At least he gets that you don't force a movie if you don't have a tight script. And I think that Spielberg brings that to the franchise as well.

If Singer did this, we'd get two hours of humans and about 10 minutes total of TF action scenes.

...And 70% of the Transformers would be gay and/or voiced by Kevin Spacey & Ian McKellen :down

Singer: We need to ground this in reality. If these robots came to Earth, they wouldn't show their faces until days later, so let's focus on the humans and their problems for the brunt of the film. :o

Singer: Okay, I don't want to see Optimus Prime necessarily punch anything, perse. Let's just have him push some stuff really hard. Or maybe catch some debris. :o

LFMAO at all the singer **** talking.

I think what's funnier is I enjoyed his X-men films.

Please no Brian Singer...

Wait for Bay to come back if he's busy when the studio is ready. No one shoots action like him. Of course Spielberg would be a good follow up, since they both shared credit for this film and know what to go for (same vision).

I didn't know so many people hated Singer.:huh: His movie would have been more thoughtful and inteligent then this one even though I like this movie. It's the only other Bay movie I like besides The Rock.

"Thoughtful", "Intelligent"?!? I'd like to replace those words with "Boring" and "Preachy"! :down

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"