Transformers New Michael Bay interview - Post 747

Singer single-handedly wrecked the Superman franchise. SUPERMAN!? How do you wreck that??!

I just had to laugh at that. Imagine Sam on an acid trip down a desert highway and suddenly he bursts out of prime's chest and then prime transgender forms:wow:

I wasn't completely serious about this guy and most of the people that I mentioned. I mentioned his name simply because he's considered to be a pretty good sci-fi director. Scanners and the fly were good films.

"Thoughtful", "Intelligent"?!? I'd like to replace those words with "Boring" and "Preachy"! :down

I agree that he made superman returns too boring. However, I liked the job he did with X-Men. He'd do a better job with developing the transformers personalities than Bay. Overall I think he learned his lesson with Superman. The next film will be action packed from start to finish.

No, I agree. Cronenberg is on a level all his own. :up: "The Fly" is a classic! And movies like Existenz(sp?) and Crash are bold & unique, two elements missing from most movies today!

He's just not ideal to hand $100 milllion+ to make a movie :o And definitely not the guy to make a kid-friendly mass market movie.

Nah, Cronenberg would've had Megatron's destruction of Jazz be more gory...oil and fluids everywhere.

I say give Alex Proyas a chance. He might bring some actual MEANINGFULNESS to the movie unlike the totally empty vapid one we got.

I say give Alex Proyas a chance. He might bring some actual MEANINGFULNESS to the movie unlike the totally empty vapid one we got.

Good idea. I forgot about him. He did a pretty good job with I-Robot.

Hell with all that. Give Transformers 2 to Paul Verhoeven :woot: :up:

Good idea. I forgot about him. He did a pretty good job with I-Robot.

Especially since that movie had everything going against it: Asimov I Robot misunderstanding (the movie is not based on Asimov at all but rather makes reference to it- like movies do to Shakespeare) and the Will Smith's persona (he actually plays a real person straight up-- with personal issues even). He managed to make a small sci-fi triumph.

Taking Dark City also into account and it becomes clear that with a big budget and ILM's help Alex Proyas can possibly make Transformers into the sci-fi movie it should have been.

Hell with all that. Give Transformers 2 to Paul Verhoeven :woot: :up:

I don't disagree with this. Given that the first one went the 'unreal' campy route the second one can take it to the next level and actually SAY SOMETHING meaningful with it. Paul Verhoeven is a genius at that.

In fact, after seeing Transformers I firmly believe he should have directed the first one. I would have loved it a whole lot better.

Taking Dark City also into account and it becomes clear that with a big budget and ILM's help Alex Proyas can possibly make Transformers into the sci-fi movie it should have been.

I liked Dark City's plot but, the movie bored me. I can't remember exactly what happened at the end but, if I'm not mistaken that movie had some annoying plot holes.

I don't disagree with this. Given that the first one went the 'unreal' campy route the second one can take it to the next level and actually SAY SOMETHING meaningful with it. Paul Verhoeven is a genius at that.

In fact, after seeing Transformers I firmly believe he should have directed the first one. I would have loved it a whole lot better.

Wow CFlash...I was just joking. But now you have me intrigued and trying to imagine a Transformers movie made by Verhoeven.

it would be more violent indeed :woot: i liked Robocop and Total Recall.

and Starship Troopers.

it would be more violent indeed :woot: i liked Robocop and Total Recall.

Paul Verhoeven is an interesting choice. He is a hit or miss director for me. I liked Robocop's plot but, overall the movie felt lackluster for me. I loved Total Recall and Starship troopers. I couldn't believe how good the effects in Starship Troopers were with a budget of 105million. Hollow Man was a little disappointing for me.

Wow CFlash...I was just joking. But now you have me intrigued and trying to imagine a Transformers movie made by Verhoeven.

and Starship Troopers.

I mean, this Transformers movie continuously took you *out* of the movie with its humor. Why not actually say something meaningful with that humor and time? Verhoeven would have been be perfect for that.

Paul Verhoeven is an interesting choice. He is a hit or miss director for me. I liked Robocop's plot but, overall the movie felt lackluster for me. I loved Total Recall and Starship troopers. I couldn't believe how good the effects in Starship Troopers was with a budget of 105million. Hollow Man was a little disappointing for me.

Yeah. Hollow Man seemed to be more of a studio driven by-the-book movie. I didn't like it much either. But those other movies are fantastic, fun, and thought-provoking. Sarship Troopers special effects? Nuff said.

Especially with the mom and dad interview during the credits, it seemed Bay was TRYING to the Verhoeven "thing," but didn't really get it-- because this Transformers movie ain't about very much. Verhoeven would have brought the substance into it.

While I loved the movie, I wouldn't mind if another director took the reins. Spielberg would be top choice but I don't think he would ever do it in a million years.

Proyas is definitely a good choice. I would also look into Francis Lawrence.

Others of interest on my list would be:

1. Andrew Lau Wai-Keung
2. Alfono Cuaron
3. John McTiernan
4. Robert Zemeckis
5. Peter Jackson

And the following if they could handle the SFX.

1. Nicholas Meyer
2. Doug Liman

Some writers I would love to tackle the script would be:

1. Nicholas Meyer
2. Scott Frank
3. Orci and Kurtzman
4. Lawrence Kasdan

While I loved the movie, I wouldn't mind if another director took the reins. Spielberg would be top choice but I don't think he would ever do it in a million years.

Proyas is definitely a good choice. I would also look into Francis Lawrence.

Others of interest on my list would be:

1. Andrew Lau Wai-Keung
2. Alfono Cuaron
3. John McTiernan
4. Robert Zemeckis
5. Peter Jackson

And the following if they could handle the SFX.

1. Nicholas Meyer
2. Doug Liman

Some writers I would love to tackle the script would be:

1. Nicholas Meyer
2. Scott Frank
3. Orci and Kurtzman
4. Lawrence Kasdan

They're part of the suckage for THIS movie. No way in HELL do I want them on the sequel. :down

They're part of the suckage for THIS movie. No way in HELL do I want them on the sequel. :down

Not to mention that this movie will probably spell the redemption of John Rogers. Expect that guy to be getting major blockbuster work for years. Dear lord.

Not true. Bay has made it clear that he often threw out parts of the movie in favor of adlibs by the actors.

That being said, I didn't mind what was there even from the screenplay. It's certainly more accessible and better paced than the G1 movie. And this is coming from someone who loves most of that film.

Cool interview. I hope he is back for the sequel...(LOL, I say this without having seen the movie).

singer is a great director with a great story-telling ability. I just hated his SR. I liked his x-men, esp x2, along with the usual suspects. It's jsut a shame he butchered superman.

He didn't wreck Superman, he took a slow approach by introducing us to a Superman that was trying to find his grove after being gone for five years. It's not so much a movie plot but something that would be spread across a few comic issues or a TV series.

After the major improvement between X1 and X2 I see no reason why the second film would be worse or even on the same level.

Let's have Singer direct and best lackeys Dan Harris and Mike Dougherty write the script for the sequel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"