I can't resume play when I stop a blu-ray disc but can when playing a dvd.

<(o_o)>

Evangeline Is My Hero!
Reaction score
I just bought a new PS3 & when I go to stop the blu-ray disc it doesn't resume playback were it left off it just always starts back at the beginning of the movie but when playing a dvd it does resume play back were it left off. Why does it resume playback were it left off with dvds & not blu-ray discs? Is there any way to correct this?

Wow, its already been an hour and a half, and no Xbox fanboys are crying out!

Wow, its already been an hour and a half, and no Xbox fanboys are crying out!

I'm calling Guinness right now!

72vl8ur.jpg

Thanks for contributing useful information guys.:rolleyes:

Your ps3 is incapable of resuming play on a blu-ray disc. There you go.

I don't own one, so I don't really know. But if it's not resuming on multiple blu-ray's (you did try more than one movie didn't you?), then it's not a disc problem or anything like that, it's an issue with the PS3. Whether that's some weird software/firmware mess up or if it's just a limitation of the ps3 as a blu-ray player, I have no idea.

That's some weird ****. If that was true for all PS3s/movie players I think it would've come up by now. That's a given feature in a movie on a disc, or vhs for that matter. That would be as smart as taking out the Blades of CHaos in GOW3, or the zombies in RE4. Wait a second...

I don't believe any High Def movies have the resume feature...there's a reason why but I don't remember it. lol.

I'm pretty sure that you should be able to resume playback while using BluRay on the PS3... it only removes that function if you ejected the disc or turned the PS3 off

I don't believe any High Def movies have the resume feature...there's a reason why but I don't remember it. lol.
It that's true then that it total bs for them to take out such a great feature.

It that's true then that it total bs for them to take out such a great feature.

I think for some reason High Def discs have to have that feature encoded into the disc, so some movies may have it and some may not.

After playing around with the PS3 a bit I finally figured out what to & it was very simple so I have been over reacting when there was no need to do so.

Here is what you do, When watching a Blu-Ray disc before you stop the disc press pause & then the green button on the PS3 remote & this will create a bookmark of where you were before turning it off. When you go to start playing it again let the disc menu load & then press the yellow button on the PS3 remote & it will then take you to the view book mark menu & then from there press enter & the disc will resume where you left off from. As long as you create a bookmark spot you can eject the disc & when you go to load it again follow the steps above & you can still resume watching it again from where you left off from before ejecting it.

I'm finding that it depends on the disc. Unless I did it wrong, the new Pixar Blu-Rays restart if you hit stop and then play again.

On the other hand, if you hit Stop twice, it should restart for any disc. Maybe I was accidentally doing that.

I really think a firmware update needs to include some kind memory for that. Every time I put in a DVD into my Mac, it asks me if I wanna resume playback from the last time played, or at the beginning, and this is after I removed the disc and turned off the computer. Every once and a while I find myself watching a movie in two or three sittings, so this would be incredibly helpful, rather than going through the longass menus each time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"