Batman Begins I didn't really like Batman Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

tincan

Civilian
Reaction score
Yes it was a Batman movie so I liked it, but for a Batman movie it was disappointing and my least favorite out of the seven. It didn't really feel like a Batman movie. There were not a lot of action sequences or fights in it, and the final fight with Raz al Ghul was far too quick. The film did not have any real villains in it to make it interesting. Raz was extremely boring and monotone, and we did not see much of the Scarecrow. Batman proved himself to be a killer by letting Raz Al Ghul die. Choosing to not save someone who is about to die has the same result as you killing them. Batman never really seemed to have any challenges that you knew would be difficult to overcome, and the film was not depressing enough. The only sad part about it was that Wayne Manor got burned down. So much of the film was put towards showing how Bruce Wayne became Batman that the film did not have enough time to give him a real villain and a real challenge. Sorry folks but I would take Batman and Robin over this film any day.

BB is my favorite Batman movie so far ( although '89 Batman and TDK are close). I found it to be a refreshing change that it did not feel like a live action cartoon.

Batman's first full fledged appearance at the warehouse was my favorite fight scene in any Batman movie. The style of direction, sort of from the bad guys perspective, showed why hardened criminals might be afraid of him.

His first contact with Crane--when he's gassed, lit on fire, falls may foors to the dround, is out for two days, and only revived because of Fox'a intervention after his condition worsened--seemed like a pretty intense threat at the time.

I thought the tumblir and other technology tools he used were also a great touch.

The most vanilla out of all the Batman films..

As far as I'm concerned, BB is the lone good movie in the Batman series. It has problems(too much shakey cam during action scenes, Rachel Dawes/Katie Holmes), but they are limited and don't infect the whole movie.

[****3/4] out of [*****]

The best Superhero origin film of all time, and second only to The Dark Knight for the title of best film of the CBM genre.

Yes it was a Batman movie so I liked it, but for a Batman movie it was disappointing and my least favorite out of the seven. It didn't really feel like a Batman movie. There were not a lot of action sequences or fights in it, and the final fight with Raz al Ghul was far too quick. The film did not have any real villains in it to make it interesting. Raz was extremely boring and monotone, and we did not see much of the Scarecrow. Batman proved himself to be a killer by letting Raz Al Ghul die. Choosing to not save someone who is about to die has the same result as you killing them. Batman never really seemed to have any challenges that you knew would be difficult to overcome, and the film was not depressing enough. The only sad part about it was that Wayne Manor got burned down. So much of the film was put towards showing how Bruce Wayne became Batman that the film did not have enough time to give him a real villain and a real challenge. Sorry folks but I would take Batman and Robin over this film any day.
Kind of a strange thing to want the film to be "depressing" and still like B&R better.

BB is my favorite Batman movie so far ( although '89 Batman and TDK are close). I found it to be a refreshing change that it did not feel like a live action cartoon.

Batman's first full fledged appearance at the warehouse was my favorite fight scene in any Batman movie. The style of direction, sort of from the bad guys perspective, showed why hardened criminals might be afraid of him.

His first contact with Crane--when he's gassed, lit on fire, falls may foors to the dround, is out for two days, and only revived because of Fox'a intervention after his condition worsened--seemed like a pretty intense threat at the time.

I thought the tumblir and other technology tools he used were also a great touch.
Yeah,as origin films go,the threat is usually a bit more contained.That leaves them somewhere to go for the sequel.BB was no different in this respect.

[****3/4] out of [*****]

The best Superhero origin film of all time, and second only to The Dark Knight for the title of best film of the CBM genre.

Of course. And how many potatoes does Chris Nolan owe you?

Why does Chris Nolan have to owe him anything? Are you incapable of accepting someone has that opinion?

I thought it was okay. Didn't get that hyped up about it though. I thought the growling voice thing was kinda lame but I enjoyed it still.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"