The Dark Knight I gotta wonder...

U

Uroboros

As much as I really enjoyed the movie; no movie is perfect. What is? But being that this is more adult super-hero movie I gotta wonder how certain scenes/ideas even got into this movie. No I'm not going to ***** about the movie; but who decided that Batman should cause as much destruction as possible in this film. I mean don't get me wrong; it's nothing like Batman driving the Tumbler over buildings in the first movie; but Batman randomly destroying cars seems so out of place in Nolan's film. I mean really the scene just looks like it's there so we can watch stuff blow up. Add to that those two kids sitting in the car during this and you have to wonder who decided to put this scene in. The kids in the car just seems to random. Considering the rest of the film and Nolan's stand on Batman I just can't image this was his idea.

Scenes like that just scream "summer movie". Like somewhere there's a summer movie check off sheet. Silly lines..check. Cars blowing up..check. Kids..check. I can't help but think this is either David Goyer's doing or Warner deciding you got to have this stuff in a summer movie.

Again I'm not complaining about the movie as a whole. The rest was was great. I guess it irks me because fluff like this could have been replaced by scenes that mattered. Heck it's possible those scenes were actually filmed but ended up in the cutting room floor to make room for two dopey kids and more exploding cars.

Hopefully we'll not see any of it in #3. It just isn't needed in these movies. Hand those scenes to Hancock 2; I'm sure they'll appreciate them. :)

yea i sorta agree with you on that, but the film was so sombre that i think little scenes like that were needed just to lightening it up a little.

^ exactly. A little light relief to break up the intensty of the rest of the film.
Like even when the Lambourghini joke came on (tired through all the trailers), it worked, but it was needed given the stress of the situation (Joker blowing up hospital/killing Reece etc)...

As much as I really enjoyed the movie; no movie is perfect. What is? But being that this is more adult super-hero movie I gotta wonder how certain scenes/ideas even got into this movie. No I'm not going to ***** about the movie; but who decided that Batman should cause as much destruction as possible in this film. I mean don't get me wrong; it's nothing like Batman driving the Tumbler over buildings in the first movie; but Batman randomly destroying cars seems so out of place in Nolan's film. I mean really the scene just looks like it's there so we can watch stuff blow up. Add to that those two kids sitting in the car during this and you have to wonder who decided to put this scene in. The kids in the car just seems to random. Considering the rest of the film and Nolan's stand on Batman I just can't image this was his idea.

Scenes like that just scream "summer movie". Like somewhere there's a summer movie check off sheet. Silly lines..check. Cars blowing up..check. Kids..check. I can't help but think this is either David Goyer's doing or Warner deciding you got to have this stuff in a summer movie.

Again I'm not complaining about the movie as a whole. The rest was was great. I guess it irks me because fluff like this could have been replaced by scenes that mattered. Heck it's possible those scenes were actually filmed but ended up in the cutting room floor to make room for two dopey kids and more exploding cars.

Hopefully we'll not see any of it in #3. It just isn't needed in these movies. Hand those scenes to Hancock 2; I'm sure they'll appreciate them. :)

Those scenes were used to show Batman's growing desperation. He took a cue from Alfred, "Some people just want to see the world burn.", and turned it back around on the Joker, and that was the only thing that worked. Also, assuming that you knew no spoilers about the movie, Bats' more and more destructive/desperate actions meant that he could be getting closer to "breaking his own rule" of not killing.
Remember when the rumored title of the movie had "Escalation" in the title? This is exactly why; either that was originally in the title, or people behind-the-scenes just applied that adjective to the movie.

pffffffffft, compared to spidey 2 and 3, you have absolutely nothing to worry about.

batman has always had some light scenes in them, especially joker orientated stories. Although not their main audience, they can't isolate anyone from the viewing experience and thats why they are making serious cash across the demographic

If you're trying to save one of the last bright hopes for a better Gotham that may enable you to finally retire from your own vigilante crusade from a mass-murdering clown driving a Slaughter Semi truck, I'd say those scenes matter. Batman is trying to stop the Joker and save Harvey, and has to take some shortcuts to get there in time. I don't mind him blowing up a few parked cars, and dinging off some mirrors as long as it's not my car. I mean, there has to be some action in a Batman film, right?

:oldrazz:

Those scenes were used to show Batman's growing desperation. He took a cue from Alfred, "Some people just want to see the world burn.", and turned it back around on the Joker, and that was the only thing that worked. Also, assuming that you knew no spoilers about the movie, Bats' more and more destructive/desperate actions meant that he could be getting closer to "breaking his own rule" of not killing.
Remember when the rumored title of the movie had "Escalation" in the title? This is exactly why; either that was originally in the title, or people behind-the-scenes just applied that adjective to the movie.

OK...if you look at it that way then I'm willing accept him using cars as target practice. But those kids should have been home! :)

But still I'd rather have use those few seconds for scenes that aren't shown but we know exist. As well as those scenes that probably exist but we don't know about.

And come on now..there's still plenty of action in the movie if you take out the delinquent kids and the exploding cars. Heck I'll even let you keep the drive through the alley and the trash bin he blows up. :woot:

Do you think Wayne helps pay for the damage he does as Batman? He could be like, "Till someone gets this Menace *wink ;) wink* I'm going to help fix the city that The Batman is wrecking behind him."

This could have easily been mentioned in one of the other hundreds of threads dealing with this topic rather than having a thread of its own. But I do agre that the garbage can was major overkill on batman's part. Cars? Yes. They are in the way and will make you face plant...garbage can? knock it out of your way as you hit it o_O of course some of it was simply there to look cool..and honestly it would have been a bit boring without some of the useless explosions and hmor. That's why it's a movie. Only thing that bugged me in the whole movie was the bazooka line as everyone else has mentioned, but even that has an explanation within context of the story if you want it to.

[LEFT said:
Kahoot[/LEFT];15385385]Do you think Wayne helps pay for the damage he does as Batman? He could be like, "Till someone gets this Menace *wink ;) wink* I'm going to help fix the city that The Batman is wrecking behind him."

I would hope so. Else I'd feel for the poor sucker who stopped off to pick up a quart of milk for the wife and comes out to find his car in several parking spots

Maybe he puts an ad in the paper anonymously looking for people "who's property was destroyed in the last incident when Gotham almost went to hell" :yay:

They should really deal with this in the next movie. Have Alfred tell Bruce that the number of property damage claims is up; and that now that he can turn his head in the new suit, he might consider steering left or right to avoid obstacles from now on. :grin:

As with Begins I'd love to sit through a screening with Nolan and discuss a few details and pace-jumps in a "what the f*** where you thinking"-kind of fashion. At the same time i'd constantly hug him and thank him for what he has done...and he'd understand:o

[LEFT said:
secretsquirrely[/LEFT];15385390]This could have easily been mentioned in one of the other hundreds of threads dealing with this topic rather than having a thread of its own. But I do
agre​
that the garbage can was major overkill on batman's part. Cars? Yes. They are in the way and will make you face plant...garbage can? knock it out of your way as you hit it o_O of course some of it was simply there to look cool..and honestly it would have been a bit boring without some of the useless explosions and
hmor​
. That's why it's a movie. Only thing that bugged me in the whole movie was the bazooka line as everyone else has mentioned, but even that has an explanation within context of the story if you want it to.

Actually I thought the garbage bin made sense. I mean it WAS in the way and the alternative would have been him riding up the side of the building. That's a whole other discussion bout another movie :)

But anyway..we can end this thread if need be. Not like exploding cars is going to make me not want to see the movie for a third time in IMAX this weekend :)

A lot of great dramatic works have bits of comic relief in it or else the audience would kill themselves. West Side story for example. During the second act when all hell pretty much breaks loose, there's one comedic song that is sung becaues the audience need a bit of laughter and some hope restored before the crushing finale.

Everything in the film I felt was perfect for what they were going for, it had good elements of everything.

Actually I thought the garbage bin made sense. I mean it WAS in the way and the alternative would have been him riding up the side of the building. That's a whole other discussion bout another movie :)

But anyway..we can end this thread if need be. Not like exploding cars is going to make me not want to see the movie for a third time in IMAX this weekend :)

oh didn't mean to sound like I was nagging at you btw. was a bit cranky when I made my post :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"