Iron Man I hope Iron man really gets made!

Morgoth

Sidekick
Reaction score
I get scared when I hear about this movie getting made, I'm afraid in a month they'll say they're going to wait with it or something.

I hope everything goes right and it is made. They had better make the suit look great and do a good story.

Hopefully something faithful like Spidey, the comic book feeling like Spidey and X-3, and a bit of the serious feel Hulk and X-2 had.

Jon Favreau is directing it, he has a myspace forum so fans can ask questions and suggest things and feel apart of it. And on all his interviews he is giving to promote the Breakup he mentions he is starting Iron Man right now and it is set to open in 2008. He seems really interested and pumped up about this movie. So I think it will get made, and I think he will do a good job.

He's already stated that he will be filming in January, the script is nearly done, he plans on casting very soon, he has Adi Granov doing concept art right now for the film, Jon is talking about it in every appearence and is thinking of attending Comic-Con in San Diego, most likely to say Hi to everyone. Looks good to me so far.

Yeah, this movie's too far along to get put on hold now.

I just hope that Iron Man has a cool villain to deal with. Honestly, there's the Manadarain.........Justin Hammer....that guy with the big head and little legs......ummmmmmmmm.

The only thing I am puzzled about is why he doesn't have his own forum yet.

RedIsNotBlue said:
The only thing I am puzzled about is why he doesn't have his own forum yet.

My understanding is they are working on one, most likely we will not see it until they do some casting, which if I'm not mistaken they made a Transformer forum before casting, so its up to SHH!

Octoberist said:
I just hope that Iron Man has a cool villain to deal with. Honestly, there's the Manadarain.........Justin Hammer....that guy with the big head and little legs......ummmmmmmmm.
Modok's the guy with the head and little legs.

You guys made me feel better about this movie getting made, I just get scared when so many other Marvel films were suppose to get made and then got pulled or screwed up somehow.

I am really happy about the director. Who else better than Foggy Nelson.:)

I just hope the suit looks good, like my Avatar.:up:

Didn't they say the film will deal with his drinking? I'm new to the comics, I've been meaning to read the tpb. that deals with that.

I have always loved the character in the cartoons and guest appearances in other comics, it's time for me to start reading so, today I bought my first Ironman comic book, it's a back issue, Invincible IronMan #300.

Whenever You're Ready Shellhead

I´m all for an Iron Man, but i just can´t really understand why everyone is happy and excited with Jon Favreau as the director.
I´m not bashing Jon, mind that, but there is nothing to be excited about either, the man as yet to prove that he is a great director, more even for an action/drama movie.

I´m hoping, but i don´t get why all the excitment around him....

I'm up for a Ironman movie too. But what i'am concerned about who can bring ironman's character into a real life action marvel film?

Morgoth said:
You guys made me feel better about this movie getting made, I just get scared when so many other Marvel films were suppose to get made and then got pulled or screwed up somehow.

Didn't they say the film will deal with his drinking? I'm new to the comics, I've been meaning to read the tpb. that deals with that.

I have always loved the character in the cartoons and guest appearances in other comics, it's time for me to start reading so, today I bought my first Ironman comic book, it's a back issue, Invincible IronMan #300.

I like your avatar, had that poster hanging in my room for years as a kid.
The drinking issue according to Jon will not be addressed in the first film, its a origin story and Tony's alcholoism didn't surface until many years later and most likely will be addressed in a sequel.
Issue #300 is a good start, but pick up if your store has them Essental Iron Man 1 and 2, also, try picking up Iron Man Extremis if you haven't already, great story and the finest art work done in Iron Man in a long time.

hmm.. I wonder will the origin be updated to Warren Ellis' middle-east crisis version..

Isildur´s Heir said:
I´m all for an Iron Man, but i just can´t really understand why everyone is happy and excited with Jon Favreau as the director.
I´m not bashing Jon, mind that, but there is nothing to be excited about either, the man as yet to prove that he is a great director, more even for an action/drama movie.

I´m hoping, but i don´t get why all the excitment around him....

I think, for me anyway, the excitment comes from his stance on the film. He is really into the Iron Man character and wants to put out a great Iron Man movie. He isn't just doing this to make a name for himself.
He said he wants to keep it as close to the comic as possible, show the evolution of the armor, hint at the drinking, show the true playboy personality of Tony. From what he has mentioned it sounds like he is putting out a film that is true to the comic.

Artistsean said:
From what he has mentioned it sounds like he is putting out a film that is true to the comic.
Which is not the same as to say it´s s going to be a good movie....and the point is, will he be able to deliver?

Morgoth said:

That's one of my favorite issues! Love that armor and him using all the gadgets as he whips the NWs! Awesome!

Don't worry SWINGERS, this movie will be MADE, and it will be so money...ok that was cheesy, but I wouldn't worry.
They have already attached a high profile director and he has been devoting a lot of his time to the project already. This one will soon be in the can. I expect the Iron Man movie news to start flowing pretty quickly, kiddos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"