I just noticed..........

I cried at the end of Return of the King....and I'm man enough to admit it. :)

ive never cried watching a movie, i mean sometimes a kind of a sad feeling or something but not one tear....but its prolly cause im a guy.lol

anyone else never cried watching a movie?

I just noticed I can save a TON of money by switching my car insurance to Geico. :o

I usually never cry at movies (getting emotional involved in a fictional story, never really made since to me)
but, last week that movie, "Flicka" came on after something i was watching, there really wasn't anything else on (plus, I got a bit of a thing for Alison Lohman)
so, I am watching, and towards the end, ya, I got alil sappy, even a tear or two, idk, it just kinda got to me, I guess
http://bigwhoopwannafightaboutit.ytmnd.com/

ive never cried watching a movie, i mean sometimes a kind of a sad feeling or something but not one tear....but its prolly cause im a guy.lol

anyone else never cried watching a movie?
Not me. I'm a total crybaby when it comes to movies. I cry when I watch the news too.

I cried a bit during the Crucifixion scenes in "Passion of the Christ". I also flinched at the scourging scenes, but not because of the violence. Rather, it's because had Jesus not come, that punishment would've been mine to bear.
God was going to whip you and stab you and nail you to something? :huh:

Because he cursed you to be born sinful, because of something bad he wanted Adam and Eve to do?

Mmmmkay. :huh:

Come on, just..stop. We don't need that Wilhelm.

But as for crying in movies, the closest I ever got was Schinlder's List probably. Elephant Man as well, that damn music.

I cried of laughter when I went to see the Golden Compass, I'm not kidding.

I hope this doesn't turn into another religious debate thread.

I wish I can remember the last time I cried of laughter while watching a movie.

i shed a tear watching slingblade when he was saying goodbye to the kid before he killed the kid's stepfather.

Come on, just..stop. We don't need that Wilhelm.
I love how the Christian can get his religious doctrine in, he can't just say, "I cried during the part where they're whipping Jesus."
He has to add, that it's not because it's sad, it's because God was going to punish him until Jesus stepped in.

But I can't comment on how insane that is. :whatever:
That rule doesn't apply to anyone else in any other thread.
If the question was, for instance, "Have you ever leaped out of your chair in fright over a movie?"

And then if someone answered, "Yeah, in Blair Witch Project. It wasn't so much because the images were scary, but because it's all really happening, a true story."

Then of course, without answering the thread-question, it would be perfectly acceptable, as a side note, to tell that person, "Uh, dude, it wasn't REALLY a true story. All 3 actors were at the effing Oscars that year. :o"

Let the Christian say whatever he wants, but if you respond, you get chewed out.
Great. :o:up:

So then let him believe what he wants, just ignore it if it bothers you that much. You know what kind of high emotionally charged topic that is on here and I was actually pleasantly surprised that everyone just stayed away from stupidly arguing what a person believes. Then you came along. Just leave it be. It's the wrong thread for that debate.

I was actually pleasantly surprised that everyone just stayed away from stupidly arguing what a person believes.
Right, so if someone cried during Schindler's List, and went out of their way to say that they weren't crying for the slaughtered Jews, but rather, they were crying because it's so sad that the Nazis lost the war...if someone else said "WTF?!" to that, you'd tell them, "Hey! this is not the thread for debates about race superiority. Just leave it alone and ignore the Neo Nazi."

Yeah, right. :whatever:
Total Double Standard
They should just call this site T.D.S.Hype. :o

I cried a bit during the Crucifixion scenes in "Passion of the Christ". I also flinched at the scourging scenes, but not because of the violence. Rather, it's because had Jesus not come, that punishment would've been mine to bear.

:dry:

*sighs* No what he said was just what people in the Christian religion have believed for years, it is just their faith and this thread is not the place to question anyone's faith of all things. If you don't believe in it, fine. I swear both sides of the whole religion argument have equal amount of people who have to comment on ANYTHING concerning to religion because EVERYONE has to know what they think. The point is this isn't the place for it.

*sighs* No what he said was just what people in the Christian religion have believed for years, it is just their faith and this thread is not the place to question anyone's faith of all things. If you don't believe in it, fine. I swear both sides of the whole religion argument have equal amount of people who have to comment on ANYTHING concerning to religion because EVERYONE has to know what they think. The point is this isn't the place for it.
You evaded my question.

Topics are discussed, and then, people can comment on someone's contribution to the topic....except, for me...if the the contribution is a Sacred Cow.

I know this is a place to talk about whether or not movies make you cry.
But being flabbergasted or confused by someone's answer...i.e. What Makes Them Cry, is totally natural and there's nothing wrong with it, but you're trying to say that religious people can spew their propaganda, and I don't have the right to respond.

:down

You're also being hypocritical.
You tell me, "If you don't like what he says, just ignore it."

Well, if you don't like what I say, why don't you just ignore it? :huh::huh::huh:

^That post made me shed a tear. Amen.

This is a place for religious comments and discussions, but not in this thread. This thread is about crying... while watching movies.

And everyone's a hypocrite.

Then tell moviefan to keep his religious commentary out of the thread and I'd have no problem at all. ;):up:

I want to watch a movie with Wilhelm... the one where Bale played Jesus... and cry on his shoulder because Bale was too hot to play Jesus and I can't have him. *cries*

I want to watch a movie with Wilhelm... the one where Bale played Jesus... and cry on his shoulder because Bale was too hot to play Jesus and I can't have him. *cries*
I hate Jesus but we both like Led Zeppelin so instead why don't we watch the new digitally remastered "The Song Remains The Same" and I'll cry on your shoulder because I'll never be Jimmy Page? :(

I hate Jesus but we both like Led Zeppelin so instead why don't we watch the new digitally remastered "The Song Remains The Same" and I'll cry on your shoulder because I'll never be Jimmy Page? :(
Deal. Just don't be dripping snot on my pretty sweater. Speaking of Led Zeppelin, I have been watching their vids on On Demand every night since my Mom arrived. I blamed her for not being a dedicated groupie and follow the band around and sleep with any one of them so I can say that I'm a Led Zep bastard child. Why, Mama, why? :csad: *I am just so full of tears in this thread, I wonder why...*

Then tell moviefan to keep his religious commentary out of the thread and I'd have no problem at all. ;):up:

It was just his reason behind his emotions that the movie stimulated. Just like I said the music was one of the reasons why I almost cried during Elephant Man. It was completely relevant to the thread. Your complaining and belittling it wasn't. It was a religious movie, those tend to stimulate feelings regarding religion. Your opinion on what he believes was what wasn't needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"