Gotham I like when DC tv shows cast DC Veterns...

BatmanFan333

Civilian
Reaction score
Smallville - Clark's mom was in the original Superman 3. And of course, the Christopher Reeve small role as the professor. And Terrence Stamp who was Zod in Superman now played Jor El in a very ironic, but neat twist for Smallville !

Gotham - Paul Reubens who was Penguin's father in Batman Returns , was cast as the new Penguin's father.

Supergirl - Original Supergirl (Helen Slater) and original tv show 90s Superman (Dean Cain) cast as Supergirl's parents.

Flash - The original 90's Flash (Shipp) cast as new Flash's father

You guys see the pattern here ? Its pretty cool. There is a connection to past DC franchise shows / movies. Always awesome to see familiar faces and gives the new show a 'passing of the torch' feel to it ! And also an homage to the old franchise tv show or movie....

I'm probably the one who gets super excited to see the older actors from past movies / shows, but I think its cool.

The recently departed Jack Larson played an older version of Jimmy Olsen on an episode of Smallville. He was of course Jimmy Olsen in the Adventures of Superman.

Larson also appeared briefly in one of those Jerry Seinfeld/Superman American Express commercials. he was leaning against a wall reading a newspaper (The Daily Planet perhaps?)

actually Larson was older Jimmy Olsen in Lois and Clark unless he was on both Smallville and Lois and Clark too? I just checked Wikipedia, he was only on Lois and Clark but he was a bartender in Superman Returns ;).

actually Larson was older Jimmy Olsen in Lois and Clark unless he was on both Smallville and Lois and Clark too? I just checked Wikipedia, he was only on Lois and Clark but he was a bartender in Superman Returns ;).

You are correct it was Lois and Clark, my bad. I'm getting my Superman shows all mixed up!

It is an awesome trend indeed, in fact im hoping that the DC films do this too, like they did Christopher Reeves in MoS.

Gotham Season 2 Episode 8 "Tonight's the Night"

At exactly one minute in, The Fabulous Ms. Julie Newmar (the original and best Catwoman) does a very quick cameo as a church organist. It lasts about two seconds. She was, in fact, formally educated as a pianist/keyboardist, from a very early age.

http://www.fox.com/gotham/full-episodes

Screen Capture

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"