I Need Help With A Storline...

Lois Lane

Oh! My! Emmett!
Reaction score
Hi Guys! I'm working on a manuscript and have hit a "roadblock". The situation is: my character has been in a car accident and will be in a wheelchair due to injuries received in the accident. The person that caused the accident ran a red light and pretty much destroyed my character's car. He ran the red light because he fell asleep at the wheel and didn't see the light or the other car. I need to know what kind of legal trouble he will get into? Any ideas? Thanks!

Hi Guys! I'm working on a manuscript and have hit a "roadblock". The situation is: my character has been in a car accident and will be in a wheelchair due to injuries received in the accident. The person that caused the accident ran a red light and pretty much destroyed my character's car. He ran the red light because he fell asleep at the wheel and didn't see the light or the other car. I need to know what kind of legal trouble he will get into? Any ideas? Thanks!
Driving... he shouldn't have been doing it in the first place.

If he was caught, he would be charged with Reckless endangerment, and/or Reckless Operation of a Motor Vehicle. He probably would be charged with Failing to yield to a Traffic Control Device if he ran the Red. If he didn't stick around, like a Hit and Run, and was later caught by a traffic Camera, he would be charged with all three, plus failure to report an accident and Hit and Run.

Some Questions about your story, or at least something to think about:

Why did he fall asleep? Where was he coming from? Was he on Drugs or Alcohol? Did he really fall asleep, or (if he was caught), did he lie to try to get out of a harsher charge? Was the hit intentional? Did something happen eariler to invoke this kind of reaction, like an arguement at the bar?

If he was caught, he would be charged with Reckless endangerment, and/or Reckless Operation of a Motor Vehicle. He probably would be charged with Failing to yield to a Traffic Control Device if he ran the Red. If he didn't stick around, like a Hit and Run, and was later caught by a traffic Camera, he would be charged with all three, plus failure to report an accident and Hit and Run.

Why did he fall asleep? Where was he coming from? Was he on Drugs or Alcohol? Did he really fall asleep, or (if he was caught), did he lie to try to get out of a harsher charge? Was the hit intentional? Did something happen eariler to invoke this kind of reaction, like an arguement at the bar?
Misunderstood that part too because honestly, who just randomly falls asleep while driving... well apart from when you're driving on a never ending highway.

He fell asleep because he was exhausted but was trying to take care of his family. He was clean of drugs and alcohol. It was accidental and random.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"