Comics I think Joe should change his ming about bringing the Clone saga back in HC

Out of all the CS stories, Blood Brothers needs to be reprinted, that arc was insanity incarnate :up:

And Rez, Lost Years has been put into a trade, as has Revelations

I say we have everyone with a good scanner divide up and scan all the Clone Saga issues. and then we can combine them all together and burn a Clone Saga DVD of our own! :D

Legal? Eh, probably not. But Marvel obviously doesn't care to make money off of any real reprints, so why not?

Citizen_Kaine said:
Out of all the CS stories, Blood Brothers needs to be reprinted, that arc was insanity incarnate :up:

"Blood Brothers" was AMAZING! I loved it!

Citizen_Kaine said:

And Rez, Lost Years has been put into a trade, as has Revelations

Maybe that's why my post starts with the word "Reprint." :)

And yeah, BB is godly!

Rez said:
Maybe that's why my post starts with the word "Reprint." :)

And yeah, BB is godly!

NM my bad, I though you meant reprint the issues themselves :o :)

would a clone saga paperback novel trilogy work better?

Web of Death needs to be reprinted as well. That was a fantastic Spider-Man/Doctor Octopus story....even though the ending isn't for Doc Ock fans.

SpideyInATree said:
Web of Death needs to be reprinted as well. That was a fantastic Spider-Man/Doctor Octopus story....even though the ending isn't for Doc Ock fans.

Yes the ending to Web of Death is muck,but the story itself is pure gold.One of my fav Ock stories.Saving your most hated enemy from the brink of death,just so you can have the pleasure to kill him yourself in a grand and glorious manner.

I love Ock's logic.It's so twisted :up:

And not to mention Doc Ock learned Spidey's identity during that arc too.

That was quickly swept under the rug during the ressurection. :(

Ya know, if they connected Doc Ock's return to th' Master Programmer stuff instead of a dumbass Ninja thing, I betcha I'd've liked it better. As it is, his reuturn issue completely sucked ass. Macarena jokes? Seriously?

Hey, the Macarena was on fire during that time. :eek:

Um, pretty sure th' Macarena was dead an' buried a year or so before that issue came out.

Cyclops said:
I can't say either way, I steered clear for most of it. But I have enough sense to know when too much is too much and when you let storylines drag on for three years, that's just way too much.

And let's face it - when you have something going on for three years and you're throwing so much stuff around something by the sheer force of probability is bound to be good.

You're probably doing the right thing, the clone saga was turned into a mess, not so much because of the writers, but the suits, who as usual tried to milk the thing for all it's worth. I'm really surprised how no one on these boards reveal the suits as the REAL problem with Spider-man today. Yea Joe Q. isn't exactly innocent himself, but there are people above him, who pays his salary, and who REALLY have NO CLUE about what goes on with comics, Spidey in particular.

Yeah, why else would they keep cancellin' Spider-Girl, only their BEST Spidey book currently.

spider greg said:
You're probably doing the right thing, the clone saga was turned into a mess, not so much because of the writers, but the suits, who as usual tried to milk the thing for all it's worth. I'm really surprised how no one on these boards reveal the suits as the REAL problem with Spider-man today. Yea Joe Q. isn't exactly innocent himself, but there are people above him, who pays his salary, and who REALLY have NO CLUE about what goes on with comics, Spidey in particular.

People have admitted this many times. If you've ever read the Life of Reilly articles that chronicle the behind the scenes activities during the Clone Saga, and the aftermath, it admits that the marketing department milked the Clone Saga for all it was worth.

Many of the writers during that time period, J.M. DeMatteis and Tom Defalco in particular, were becoming angry with Marvel because everything was so convulted and even the writers didn't know what was going on half the time.

So, yes, I think history has repeated itself...in a way...recently.

SpideyInATree said:
People have admitted this many times. If you've ever read the Life of Reilly articles that chronicle the behind the scenes activities during the Clone Saga, and the aftermath, it admits that the marketing department milked the Clone Saga for all it was worth.

Many of the writers during that time period, J.M. DeMatteis and Tom Defalco in particular, were becoming angry with Marvel because everything was so convulted and even the writers didn't know what was going on half the time.

So, yes, I think history has repeated itself...in a way...recently.

I'm aware of that, where do you think I got it from? :)

3dman27 said:
would a clone saga paperback novel trilogy work better?

Aloha,
In order to afford -All of the Clone Saga, they would have to do it Essentials style-Black and White).And then it would still take several volumes.Since Marvel would like to forget that most of the Clone Saga ever existed, I'd say it's a slim chance of seeing a HC or total reprint in any form of the Clone Saga.
Spidey rules

Except when th' Essentials reach those issues by themselves.

imdaly said:
I say we have everyone with a good scanner divide up and scan all the Clone Saga issues. and then we can combine them all together and burn a Clone Saga DVD of our own! :D

Legal? Eh, probably not. But Marvel obviously doesn't care to make money off of any real reprints, so why not?
There's already Clone Saga torrents out there. Obviously not legal, but they're out there.

I'm about to download all of the issues myself. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"