I want a marvel dark universe.

Johnglen

Civilian
Reaction score
Just have movies based on “tomb of Dracula”, “werewolf by night” and “morbius the living vampire”. It’s time for the true tomb of Dracula universe, not the atrocity we got with the blade movies, to be done justice. I would be happy even with tv shows on the new Disney streaming service. Come on marvel , these wonderful characters deserve a representation on the big or the small screen. Give me Rachel van helping, Frank drake, Quincy Harker, Hannibal king,Taj Nital, deacon frost, Lilith, jack Russel, dr. Morbius please:ilv::ilv:

I don’t know when but I think we may get this a fair way down the line if everything else stays successful. So many avenues they can go down.

I'm hoping that's the direction Marvel will go with the Strange sequel. Wanda, Blade & Ghost Rider are all established characters that could be used to form a "Midnight Sons" team and go as aggressively into the supernatural realm as Feige and company have gone with Marvel Cosmic.

Just have movies based on “tomb of Dracula”, “werewolf by night” and “morbius the living vampire”. It’s time for the true tomb of Dracula universe, not the atrocity we got with the blade movies, to be done justice. I would be happy even with tv shows on the new Disney streaming service. Come on marvel , these wonderful characters deserve a representation on the big or the small screen. Give me Rachel van helping, Frank drake, Quincy Harker, Hannibal king,Taj Nital, deacon frost, Lilith, jack Russel, dr. Morbius please:ilv::ilv:

I love those comics and those characters - but do you think Disney would ever go for it? I'm not interested in seeing some sanitised, bloodless version.

I've brought up an anthology TV series on the boards here in past. I think that probably would be the best route to go as get a lot of story each episode and can travel throughout the Marvel Universe, able to kill off series protagonists time to time keep things unpredictable, and more freedom with lower budget to make it competitive with other horror genre shows/movies.

I envision a show that ranges from quirky (think creepshow) to classic horror to dark/sombre psychological thriller depending on the episode. If this were in the DC Universe, I'd say have it narrated by Kain and Abel in that strange house in the middle of nowhere bookending various episodes from time to time. I would say MA rating a must and also w/smoking.

Last edited:
I was going to come in here and be all fat and sassy and mentioned the Netflix series but I love the idea of doing a tomb of Dracula series.

I guess the trick is how are marvel going to do it in a way that hasn’t been done a million times before?

Blade
Bloodstone
Ghost Rider
Hellstrom
Man-Thing
Morbius
Werewolf by Night

For me tomb of Dracula deserves so much better than the blade movies. It’s such an amazing series with so many wonderful characters. I mean take Hannibal king , the vampire detective, a film noir, Philip Marlowe , kind of character who happens to be a vampire or Deacon frost the arch nemesis of Dracula always plotting to become king of the vampires.

Oh and yes I do believe that it fits disney’s streaming service perfectly, I believe Disney will want mature programming to their service if they are to compete against Netflix and the rising amazon prime (that is buying mature fiction franchises from Conan to the dark tower, left and right).

We got an infinity war movie , that for me was a dream 20 years ago, so anything can happen.

I don’t want this sort of thing to be in tv. I’m sorry but the quality difference between the Marvel shows and movies is pretty significant. Leave Blade for the films. Like Cage and Daredevil should be on the big screen

Daredevil has been just fine on TV. I don't think he needs to be on the big screen. Frankly, I think TV is a better medium for him. Blade is doable on TV. Just make a more adult Buffy.

I mean take Hannibal king , the vampire detective, a film noir, Philip Marlowe , kind of character who happens to be a vampire...

I always loved the character of Hannibal King in those earlier Dracula Lives comics. I like Ryan Reynolds but I hated his version.

If he got himself together, Morbius could be a good comeback role for Johnny Depp.

I just want a Tomb of Dracula movie/series. I loved the (first two) Blade movies but their take on the supernatural was a bit too Sci-Fi, even with Del Toro. I want something a little more gothic - Not something that just screams "I'm gonna kill you". Something that takes it's time and feels more like and otherworldly horror than just "a predator".

I just want a Tomb of Dracula movie/series. I loved the (first two) Blade movies but their take on the supernatural was a bit too Sci-Fi, even with Del Toro. I want something a little more gothic - Not something that just screams "I'm gonna kill you". Something that takes it's time and feels more like and otherworldly horror than just "a predator".

I also would have liked a bit more of a gothic feel to the Blade movies, much as I loved them. I thought the Underworld movies managed that to an extent.

The blade movies have basically nothing to do with tomb of Dracula. They took the names of some characters and raped them completely. The only good thing about the blade series is Wesley snipes. I like the del toro film as a stand-alone vampire film that has nothing to do with blade. I don’t even want to imagine how they would have presented morbius , which was the original plan for part 2.

I want a horror take on tomb of Dracula with Dracula as the main character and the wonderful cast of supporting characters around him. Just start an alternative dark universe with lesser budget R-rated films centered around the fantastic marvel horror comics from the seventies, if handled with the same love and attention of the main MCU , I believe they can be very good financial hits.

I mean, I wouldn't go as far as saying they raped the source material. The Blade movies are an interesting, modernised take on a couple of concepts that were somewhat aged by the end of the 90's (superheroes and vampires). They work as action movies, they don't work as horror stories or character-driven pieces, which is what the Tomb of Dracula comics were originally. If Blade kills a hundred vampires in an afternoon rave you'll probably think he's a badass. You'll also won't fear these vampires ever again.

That's why I think a true adaptation of the TOD series can work very well nowadays. We're seeing a new era of slower-paced, character driven horror where these characters could find a place.

Also, there's something hilarious if Marvel were able to make what's essentially a "Universal Monsters" universe when Universal utterly failed imitating Marvel.

Also, there's something hilarious if Marvel were able to make what's essentially a "Universal Monsters" universe when Universal utterly failed imitating Marvel.

I admit it, I'd laugh! :funny:

Daredevil has been just fine on TV. I don't think he needs to be on the big screen. Frankly, I think TV is a better medium for him.

and TV is an ironic choice since the character IS blind I can understand why NETFLIX is doing him

I've brought up an anthology TV series on the boards here in past. I think that probably would be the best route to go as get a lot of story each episode and can travel throughout the Marvel Universe, able to kill off series protagonists time to time keep things unpredictable, and more freedom with lower budget to make it competitive with other horror genre shows/movies.

I envision a show that ranges from quirky (think creepshow) to classic horror to dark/sombre psychological thriller depending on the episode. If this were in the DC Universe, I'd say have it narrated by Kain and Abel in that strange house in the middle of nowhere bookending various episodes from time to time. I would say MA rating a must and also w/smoking.

Yea I've discussed a Marvel anthology show before. (Had a question read out regarding it on Collider Heroes).

Based on Marvels business model, anything dark would probably be sent to Netflix or cable tv. As much as I would like to see the Midnight sons and even the Defenders on the big screen, it doesn't seem likely in the near future.

Moderate budgeted anthology show would be a good option. I was thinking of tales from the crypt keeper.

They could act like mini pilots for potential spin off characters. Werewolf by night, Elsa Bloodstone etc.

Yea I've discussed a Marvel anthology show before. (Had a question read out regarding it on Collider Heroes).

Based on Marvels business model, anything dark would probably be sent to Netflix or cable tv. As much as I would like to see the Midnight sons and even the Defenders on the big screen, it doesn't seem likely in the near future.

Moderate budgeted anthology show would be a good option. I was thinking of tales from the crypt keeper.

They could act like mini pilots for potential spin off characters. Werewolf by night, Elsa Bloodstone etc.

Cool. Glad see someone else likes this idea. I haven't kept up on Collider Heroes but from briefly checking it out just now looks to be good fan discussion period without being lame at all; seems like pretty even keeled people having fun discussing all the latest (just found that one on Eternals is pretty interesting).

Anyway, Castlevania did 4 animation episodes for a season and caught some attention. Perhaps a higher budgeted live action anthology series could be done with 6 episodes on a streaming service for the first season or even a series of Netflix movies perhaps too to keep the production values high each episode. Perhaps some episodes willl be more costly than others but no filler episodes will be nice have. Some of the less expensive could perhaps be a more introspective character study or 1 filmed on location with minimal sets necessary.

I agree this is the best way to approach this.

Last edited:
Cool. Glad see someone else likes this idea. I haven't kept up on Collider Heroes but from briefly checking it out just now looks to be good fan discussion period without being lame at all; seems like pretty even keeled people having fun discussing all the latest (just found that one on Eternals is pretty interesting).

Anyway, Castlevania did 4 animation episodes for a season and caught some attention. Perhaps a higher budgeted live action anthology series could be done with 6 episodes on a streaming service for the first season or even a series of Netflix movies perhaps too to keep the production values high each episode. Perhaps some episodes willl be more costly than others but no filler episodes will be nice have. Some of the less expensive could perhaps be a more introspective character study or 1 filmed on location with minimal sets necessary.

I agree this is the best way to approach this.

Yea the panel compared the idea to the Justice League Action format.

There pretty much animated shorts that have a rotating cast and different stories. I highly recommend it. It's an underrated show and does provide some what of a template to my idea.

I don’t want this sort of thing to be in tv. I’m sorry but the quality difference between the Marvel shows and movies is pretty significant. Leave Blade for the films. Like Cage and Daredevil should be on the big screen

Absolutely. Besides MCU doesn't want to use characters from series on their movies.

they would poosibly use man-wolf [a scientically explatned werewolf]

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"