• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

I want an end battle to end all end battles!

I want Cloverfield X 10.
( i'd settle for X's 5 tho :D)

The end battle to Superman Batman - Apocalypse was pretty sweet and what I loved about it is that it took place on a farm, and yet still managed to look badass. I hope Superman in the movie will be smart enough to take the fight (should there be a big colossal fight) somewhere more isolated than a city, where there's no risk of people getting hurt.

Honestly, if it could really happen, it would probably be nearly a worldwide fight. Two beings battling at superspeed would hardly be contained to a city or the surrounding country side.

end of the movie he fights a giant spider.

If this was ever a Jon Peters production, I guarantee 100% that's what would happen.

Just ask Kevin Smith. Boy, has he got stories about that guy and his giant spider obsession! Years ago WB at one time had asked Kevin Smith to write a Superman screenplay. When Smith had finished writing it he submitted it to WB. Jon Peters who was then still attached as producer actually tried to force Smith to shoehorn in Superman fighting some stupid giant spider at the end! Smith said "WTF!!"?? and refused to do it because it made no sense at all. Peters kept insisting so Smith walked. What's funny is just to show that Jon Peters just had to have some giant spider in a movie he was producing, shortly after look what showed up at the end of Wild Wild West with Will Smith!!

True story. :ikyn

I legitimately worry this will never be topped

[YT]eprtNrCMu3Y&NR=1[/YT]

The end battle to Superman Batman - Apocalypse was pretty sweet and what I loved about it is that it took place on a farm, and yet still managed to look badass. I hope Superman in the movie will be smart enough to take the fight (should there be a big colossal fight) somewhere more isolated than a city, where there's no risk of people getting hurt.

I feel the same way. I know a massive fight in which buildings get crushed would be popular here, but I can't help but think of all the people who'd get killed. It seems to me that it would be irresponsible for Superman to fight like that in the middle of a city. He should try to draw the villain into the countryside, or, better yet, outer space.

I feel the same way. I know a massive fight in which buildings get crushed would be popular here, but I can't help but think of all the people who'd get killed. It seems to me that it would be irresponsible for Superman to fight like that in the middle of a city. He should try to draw the villain into the countryside, or, better yet, outer space.

Or an island on top of a volcano that's about to erupt! :oldrazz:
...or a fake city that Luthor's built, or an abandoned factory or military complex, etc....

Some potentially great cinematic Superman battles:

Superman vs. a 300 foot tall Metallo
Superman vs. Doomsday (to the death!)
Superman vs. Brainiac
Superman vs. Darkseid

But understand, it's that very fact that innocent people are potentially in danger is where the drama comes from. Saying that Superman would be irresponsible for fighting in the middle of the city is wrong. Superman wouldn't be the one choosing the location for a huge battle, the villain would be. And the villain does that because he knows that Superman cares for these people and wants to protect them as best he can. Superman wouldn't have a choice in the matter. The worst possible thing that could happen is taking the fight to a remote secluded area which is not only unrealistic it's boring. You know what happens when you take out the human element and it's just Superman one on one, in Outer Space no less?

You get this...
6437176_gal.jpg

Oh how exciting was that snooze fest? :dry:

It's Superman's need to protect the people of Earth is where his "weakness" is. That is what any smart villain would want to exploit to give them an advantage over Superman, to distract him.
Take "Cloverfield" for example which I mentioned earlier. It came to Manhattan and started ripping up the city. It didn't care of course it's a monster, and when the US military arrived they had to fight the beast right there in the city, because they had no choice.
Even General Zod and his minions used that to great effect in Superman II, once they got to Metropolis and met up with Supes. Remember all those scenes where they would do things just to put people in danger. Zod even made the comment at one point "He actually cares for these people" then continued the carnage, the most dramatic being when Non and Ursa threw the city bus full of people toward that building and Superman tried to stop it. Now just imagine that type of scenario happening with today's effects done 10 fold.

Epic, Exciting, and Dramatic that's what we want to see. :supes:

If this was ever a Jon Peters production, I guarantee 100% that's what would happen.

Just ask Kevin Smith. Boy, has he got stories about that guy and his giant spider obsession! Years ago WB at one time had asked Kevin Smith to write a Superman screenplay. When Smith had finished writing it he submitted it to WB. Jon Peters who was then still attached as producer actually tried to force Smith to shoehorn in Superman fighting some stupid giant spider at the end! Smith said "WTF!!"?? and refused to do it because it made no sense at all. Peters kept insisting so Smith walked. What's funny is just to show that Jon Peters just had to have some giant spider in a movie he was producing, shortly after look what showed up at the end of Wild Wild West with Will Smith!!

True story. :ikyn
yup, its well known here, the polar bears are as well.

But understand, it's that very fact that innocent people are potentially in danger is where the drama comes from. Saying that Superman would be irresponsible for fighting in the middle of the city is wrong. Superman wouldn't be the one choosing the location for a huge battle, the villain would be. And the villain does that because he knows that Superman cares for these people and wants to protect them as best he can. Superman wouldn't have a choice in the matter.

A fight can start in the city, but Superman should try to lead or push the villain away from an urban area. I think a fight through space, smashing into planets, could be awesome. I'm sure it would be better handled than the fight in SIV was.

It's Superman's need to protect the people of Earth is where his "weakness" is. That is what any smart villain would want to exploit to give them an advantage over Superman, to distract him.
Take "Cloverfield" for example which I mentioned earlier. It came to Manhattan and started ripping up the city. It didn't care of course it's a monster, and when the US military arrived they had to fight the beast right there in the city, because they had no choice.
Even General Zod and his minions used that to great effect in Superman II, once they got to Metropolis and met up with Supes. Remember all those scenes where they would do things just to put people in danger. Zod even made the comment at one point "He actually cares for these people" then continued the carnage, the most dramatic being when Non and Ursa threw the city bus full of people toward that building and Superman tried to stop it. Now just imagine that type of scenario happening with today's effects done 10 fold.

Epic, Exciting, and Dramatic that's what we want to see. :supes:

I wouldn't object to the villain throwing a bus and Superman catching it. That would be really suspenseful, as you say. Where I draw the line is when people say that want punches thrown so hard that buildings collapse around them. I couldn't watch that without thinking of all the innocent people inside dying.

I think the whole movie should culminate into a 35-minute FIGHT to END ALL BATTLES too!! Znyder isn't on board for his good looks, afterall this is exactly what we need to milk from him; the VILLAIN would indeed choose a heavily populated area, and Superman would have to simultaneously fight, and save people while buildings collapse, and he will try to push the fight out of the city, but the villain will keep dodging him, and returning to metropolitan areas; this fight should scale the entire world, NEW YORK, TOKYO, CHICAGO, countrysides, outer space, an asteroid field, and back again; it pretty much HAS to happen . . . after all the years of waiting, and lackluster Superman movies we've gotten, we've never been able to see him in action like this and it's nothing less than necessary at this point . . . let's see some DARKSEID action, SON!

A fight can start in the city, but Superman should try to lead or push the villain away from an urban area. I think a fight through space, smashing into planets, could be awesome. I'm sure it would be better handled than the fight in SIV was.

I wouldn't object to the villain throwing a bus and Superman catching it. That would be really suspenseful, as you say. Where I draw the line is when people say that want punches thrown so hard that buildings collapse around them. I couldn't watch that without thinking of all the innocent people inside dying.

Hey, I understand where your coming from. I wouldn't want to see that level of destruction either like the movie 2012 or something, that would just be too upsetting for alot of people. But having big battles smack dab in the middle of cities has been done many times over without getting too graphic in any way. Just look at the first Transformers movie. All those Autobot vs Decepticon battles were right in the middle of whatever city they were fighting in, I guess it was in LA somewhere, especially toward the end. More to the point remember the Optimus vs Megatron fight? Obviously there were people in those buildings around but it didn't matter.
And let's just say you remove all the people and have a big battle in a place or city with no one around, what you would have then is another Matrix Revolutions Neo vs Smith end fight all over again. All that back and forth between them with no payoff because who was in danger? No one. The only others present were just a bunch of other Agent Smith clones standing around watching. There was absolutely no drama at all just vapid fisticuffs. Sure the was some nice special effects in those scenes some even reminded me of Superman but it all fell flat in the end, because there was nothing behind it. This is obviously a Superman movie and not "The Day After Tomorrow" but definitely have battles where people are put in jeopardy as a result of the villains actions and Superman having to defend them against whatever the threat is. Just do it without having to get too graphic.

i have confidence that Snyder can put together some great fight scenes, his movies dont seem to be that expensive either but they all look amazing. i still dont understand how singer spent so much money on SR

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"