• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

I was at the shooting on 43rd and Broadway in Manhattan

iceberg325

Sidekick
Reaction score
I was at the shooting tonight. They were filiming a scene where Mary Jane (yes Kirsten was there) comes down of the stairs and walks into a crowd. Im assuming shes coming out of the side entrance of the theatre after her performance of Manhattan Memories. The billboard outside the theatre showed "staring Mary Jane Watson". When she reaches the crowd spidey is supposed to be swinging by. At that point, the crowd begins to clap as they watch spidey swing, and they walk down the block after he passes by. No spidey or Tobey were not there. The director which was not raimi was holding a black marker which was used for the crowd to follow as if spidey was actually swinging by. That is all I saw. There were alot of people there and the crew kept pushing everyone back because they didnt want anyone in the shot. I only saw Kirsten and what was rumored to be Tobey's stunt double. Hopefully Ill find out where they will be next and Ill head over to watch again. If I can, Ill keep everyone posted.

sounds cool, good job. Hope it's true. (Y'know, i wish i lived in New York)

sag002 said:
sounds cool, good job. Hope it's true. (Y'know, i wish i lived in New York)

I wanted to get downtown this weekend but was too busy. I happened to be around the corner and was walking to the train station. I saw the group of people and me and fiance walked over and asked. We ended up staying for an hour or so just to see what happened. I spoke to a guy of the crew, he said stay tuned for comic con, they have something really special planned. They will announce the 4th villian but he said its something special planned.

A side entrance from the theater could be in an alley.Maybe Peter was waiting for her there when the GG showed up and they just had there fight when she walks out.

GoldGoblin said:
A side entrance from the theater could be in an alley.Maybe Peter was waiting for her there when the GG showed up and they just had there fight when she walks out.

I dont know, Mary jane was on the side entrance, when action was called she walked down into the crowd. Spidey swings by and the crowd claps. I only saw one marker so Im assuming it was spidey alone. I asked crew he said spidey. I could be wrong.

iceberg325 said:
I was at the shooting tonight. They were filiming a scene where Mary Jane (yes Kirsten was there) comes down of the stairs and walks into a crowd. Im assuming shes coming out of the side entrance of the theatre after her performance of Manhattan Memories. The billboard outside the theatre showed "staring Mary Jane Watson". When she reaches the crowd spidey is supposed to be swinging by. At that point, the crowd begins to clap as they watch spidey swing, and they walk down the block after he passes by. No spidey or Tobey were not there. The director which was not raimi was holding a black marker which was used for the crowd to follow as if spidey was actually swinging by. That is all I saw. There were alot of people there and the crew kept pushing everyone back because they didnt want anyone in the shot. I only saw Kirsten and what was rumored to be Tobey's stunt double. Hopefully Ill find out where they will be next and Ill head over to watch again. If I can, Ill keep everyone posted.

It's amazing how much we see the characters together, and how often they never see each other shooting the scene!

Sounds cool.....so is Spidey stealing MJ's thunder?

there was a shooting on 43rd and Broadway in Manhattan?!? Is everyone ok??

Ohh...not that kind of shooting. ok...

I wander if that's the beginning of the movie where MJ is in her play and Peter is there watching her in the crowd,and Harry is in his balcony like someone said he was watching Peter.Then after the show Peter goes out the door into the alley to wait for MJ there and then the spidey vs GG fight takes place.

Symbiote_Spidey said:

lol. There was a crazy amount of people watching. I was hoping Raimi was there but he wasnt.

GoldGoblin said:
I wander if that's the beginning of the movie where MJ is in her play and Peter is there watching her in the crowd,and Harry is in his balcony like someone said he was watching Peter.Then after the show Peter goes out the door into the alley to wait for MJ there and then the spidey vs GG fight takes place.

manhattanmemories.jpg

That middle image of MJ looks like the one we saw a long while back with her on a stage. The report that came with that old image mentioned the whole thing about Harry in the audience. :eek:

Good find Iceberg! Shoulda took pictures with your camera phone. dont ask how i know you have a camera phone i just do.

Eat Snacky Smores...

Spawn187 said:
Good find Iceberg! Shoulda took pictures with your camera phone. dont ask how i know you have a camera phone i just do

Eat Snacky Smores...

I did take a pic. Its a far pic because I snapped it when I was walking down the block to get on the train. Ill show you.

Symbiote_Spidey said:

lol.....that was what i thought when i saw new york shooting. it's pretty funny because it reminds me of the time when SM2 was going to come out and a friend of mine told me tobey died in a freak accident (i'm gullible) and they were not going to film anymore SM movies...... i was so upset even after she told me she was just kidding......a part of me died that day.....

iceberg325 said:
I did take a pic. Its a far pic because I snapped it when I was walking down the block to get on the train. Ill show you.

Post it! Post it! post it!

fangrl06 said:
Sounds cool.....so is Spidey stealing MJ's thunder?

Exactly, just like the summary said. Plus we saw Pete in a suit confront Harry, so looks like the alley scene we have pics of really might be Pete in his suit jumping down to rescue a defeated Harry in the alley.

"I was at the shooting on 43rd and Broadway in Manhattan "

CONGRATULATIONS........YOU'RE NOW OFFICIALLY A PRIME SUSPECT. :up:

:p

THWIP* said:
"I was at the shooting on 43rd and Broadway in Manhattan "

CONGRATULATIONS........YOU'RE NOW OFFICIALLY A PRIME SUSPECT. :up:

:p

rofl

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics