If anybody is out there, please, I need hope

... What about for the 'winner'?

Pain is hard and feels like you're in infinite fires of torment, but one day, you'll wake up and think to yourself, wow this is a different day, and I feel.. nothing. All the angst and kicking in the teeth - gone.

But also helps if you have other things, important things that take your attention so that the wounds heal up considerably quicker over time.

And you grow, and you feel like a change, like a new day, a new season, a new year.

We don't forget but we can look back with some fondness for the person we were and how we acted, and making a connection to our present selves, usually couldn't be more different than back then.

Well, i would like to start off by saying that i didn't really want to do this because this is superherohype.com and i thought people here only care about superheros, and games, and movies and stuff; but i'm just so desperate to hear words of encouragement from somebody

My situation is that basically I was in a love triangle and it finally ended today, I LOST, and now i just feel destroyed like, its almost indescrible how much pain i feel right now, but the thing is i loved this girl with all my heart and soul, i really truly believe that, now i don't for sure if she is gonna stay with the other guy all her life and I just need to hear if anyone else had a similiar situation and they got the girl or a new girl came in their life when they least suspected it, i would like to hear from women too if yall have had a similiar situation, i know i'm only 17 and I have a long life ahead of me, but right now I just really need hope from somebody...anybody

Thank You

I think just about anyone can relate to your story at one time or another, sorry, you're not special. Very few people have ended up with the first person they went out with, but they did find someone else. There's a reason the expression "There's plenty of fish in the sea" is still around. Take the time you need to get over this, but don't dwell on this girl, hoping things don't work out between her and the other guy, move on with your life.

He never said he thought there was no one else in the same situation he is in, or related to it. In fact, that's why he came on here.

He shouldn't 'move on' because he's 17 and it's a foreign concept to him. He is merely at present, and can grasp better the moving on, day by day, which slowly turns into week by week and presto.

thank you fellow posters, i mean really, it helped alot, i might not have agreed with everything everybody said but the overall message was to let go and move on, which i'm planning on doing, also another thing I will say is I really do love her, everybody say true love for a teenager is rare but I say its not impossible and me and her had this really good talk about our situation today and decided that we will always know each other for the rest of our lives, I told her that I hope she knows what shes doing by choosing him but I know that if she ever comes to me and I was free, I would take her back in a heartbeat, and another thing I didn't mention; me and her were never "official" we were just really in love with each other, and shes broken my heart a few times before but its finally ended, and so I'm really hoping that we can just stay great friends

another thing I didn't mention; me and her were never "official" we were just really in love with each other, and shes broken my heart a few times before but its finally ended, and so I'm really hoping that we can just stay great friends

If she broke your heart a few times then why the hell do you want her in your life? Don't you think you deserve better than someone ALWAYS hurting you? Get rid of her, don't talk to her anymore or you'll be on these boards crying your heart out in 2 weeks.

Get on with your life.

For goodness sakes she's going to be kissing another guy, do you REALLY want to see the girl you "love" with someone else? Why not move on with your life and if, sometime in the future, you guys come back to each other then so be it. But don't "lets stay friends" crap this right now. You're hurt and you staying friends with her, right now, is just going to add to your pain.

Let her go, move on!

And another thing. ALL guys go through this stage of losing their "soulmate". EVERYONE. So your story is not unique. She was your first love. She's gone for now, it hurts, but DON'T, DON'T, DON'T wait for her or stay friends.

It'll only hurt you in the end. Move on. Move on. MOVE ON! Pick up another hobby; go out and get to know a new crowd; STUDY HARD; *********e til you've built up enough friction to rocket to the moon. Do ANYTHING, but DON'T get trapped in this friends cycle.

I'm telling you it'll destroy you if you let it! There is a WHOLE big and beautiful world out there don't let it pass you by. You're only promised today, live like it's your last.

Well, i would like to start off by saying that i didn't really want to do this because this is superherohype.com and i thought people here only care about superheros, and games, and movies and stuff; but i'm just so desperate to hear words of encouragement from somebody

My situation is that basically I was in a love triangle and it finally ended today, I LOST, and now i just feel destroyed like, its almost indescrible how much pain i feel right now, but the thing is i loved this girl with all my heart and soul, i really truly believe that, now i don't for sure if she is gonna stay with the other guy all her life and I just need to hear if anyone else had a similiar situation and they got the girl or a new girl came in their life when they least suspected it, i would like to hear from women too if yall have had a similiar situation, i know i'm only 17 and I have a long life ahead of me, but right now I just really need hope from somebody...anybody

Thank You

I've been there. Give it a little time, and you'll be just fine.

thank you fellow posters, i mean really, it helped alot, i might not have agreed with everything everybody said but the overall message was to let go and move on, which i'm planning on doing, also another thing I will say is I really do love her, everybody say true love for a teenager is rare but I say its not impossible and me and her had this really good talk about our situation today and decided that we will always know each other for the rest of our lives, I told her that I hope she knows what shes doing by choosing him but I know that if she ever comes to me and I was free, I would take her back in a heartbeat, and another thing I didn't mention; me and her were never "official" we were just really in love with each other, and shes broken my heart a few times before but its finally ended, and so I'm really hoping that we can just stay great friends

Sloppy seconds.:down

Thank You
Dude I went through the same thing sorta you did, I was involved with a love triangle. This girl was someone I was deeply in love with and I still sorta am. She was bi and started to fall in love with a girl. She left me for that girl last April. I see them everyday and still talk to my ex. We're now best friends and it's awesome, ya just gotta keep living one day at a time. You'll make it!

I thought this was gonna be about I Am Legend. :(

Wait, maybe the love triangle was between Will Smith, the dog, and a zombie/vampire thing!

Actually the other solution would be suicide.

Well obviously, but what fun would that be? At least if he sends the girl the guys head in a box, we can watch it on the news. Unless he kills himself in some extremely original and extravagant way, we'll get no entertainment out of it. CNN is never gonna run a "Emo kid kills self, no one surprised" story :cmad:

Thank You
At 35, I have had my heart broken more times than I care to count. I have 3 kids by 3 different moms & two failed marriages under my belt. And each one of those break-ups hurt like hell. Each time I vowed it would be the last. But I always recovered. It was never easy but I always did. I always believed that there was someone out there for me, & I just had to be patient, be strong, & eventually I'd find her. And now I truly believe that I have. I've moved across state lines, taking myself & my son away from everything I've ever known in order to rekindle a relationship with a long lost love.
BUt I believe in my heart of hearts that it was worth it. I'm happier than I've ever been-despite the tremendous amount of work that I've done & still have to do to get things up and running.
But don't ever give up hope. If this girl chose somebody else over you then she just wasn't for you, dude. It's not easy to hear but it's the truth. And if she did break up with him & come back to you, would you really want to be the alternate?
I say no. I've been there. Believe me, I know.

thanks, you know its funny, a person can get so sad, they feel like their the saddest person in the world, but i'm guess i'm not special, now i just say to myself "if its meant to be, it'll happen, but if it doesn't, i hope there is someone else"

Keep in touch with her , maybe that relationship wont last. In the meantime look for someone else.

Take it easy dude. All will work out in time. I was in a love triangle once, and I lost. But I bounced back. It'll be okay dude.

thanks, you know its funny, a person can get so sad, they feel like their the saddest person in the world, but i'm guess i'm not special, now i just say to myself "if its meant to be, it'll happen, but if it doesn't, i hope there is someone else"

You're gonna be fine. And there IS someone else out there, just don't blind yourself to her by wishing you were with this one.

:yay:

And another thing. ALL guys go through this stage of losing their "soulmate". EVERYONE. So your story is not unique. She was your first love. She's gone for now, it hurts, but DON'T, DON'T, DON'T wait for her or stay friends.

It'll only hurt you in the end. Move on. Move on. MOVE ON! Pick up another hobby; go out and get to know a new crowd; STUDY HARD; *********e til you've built up enough friction to rocket to the moon. Do ANYTHING, but DON'T get trapped in this friends cycle.

I'm telling you it'll destroy you if you let it! There is a WHOLE big and beautiful world out there don't let it pass you by. You're only promised today, live like it's your last.

:up: Indeed. You'll be ok, buddy.

There's hope at the end of the tunnel, man. I broke up with an ex of nearly six years, about two years ago. It was a joint decision on our parts. But I still couldn't help being devastated.

About two weeks ago she asked me back out, said she'd like to try and salvage what we left behind. I said no. I'm happy with my life and could never imagine getting back with her. It was a shock even to me when I looked at how I was back then compared to now.

Question for everyone on the thread; do you personally know anyone who has gone the distance w/their first love? Or the first person they thought they loved?

First off, if she was really in love with you, she would not have picked the other guy over you. Dude she is doing one of two things, 1. she is just trying to spare your feelings ( we have all be given the "i love you but i am not in love with you" line). or 2. the girl is still messing with your head, and believe me there are girl's who get a kick out of that crap. I have known too many girls that loved to see guys fight over her.

Second, don't kid yourself. do you really want to stay great friends with her? If you too were intimate with each other then being just friends will be next to imposible. Seeing her with any other guy will just drive you nuts. And do you realy want her to talk about her sex life with you? You are better off just giving her her space, and cutting her loose before she drives you nuts.

Like you said yourself you are 17, and have a whole life a head of you. Just live your life for today because you don't know what tomorrow will bring, and you can't change the past.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"