Arrow In what ways would you like Oliver to evolve more like the comic version this season?

Spider-Kurt!

Civilian
Reaction score
While I'm glad were getting more DC characters the classic Green Arrow is familiar with (Black Canary, Red Arrow, the Flash ,League of Assassins ,Suicide Squad ect), in season 2 I'd also like to see Oliver become more politically vocal as well. While I don't know a lot about Green Arrow's history, I know the basics and that he evolved from a "Batman clone" to considerably more of a socially conscious character in the 70's in an attempt to further differentiate him from Batman. If I'm not mistaken, he even ran for mayor prior to the 52 reboot. Given the liberties the show has created for itself, I'm not sure how this would be handled but it's definitely something I'd like to see.

Also, maybe not for this season but an arc where Oliver loses his money has potential as well.

The first i think I would want to change is his attitude and I think that they are trying to do that.
With time passing (a thing you can show better in a TV series than in a movie) I'd like Oliver to get over the terrible experience of the island and become a mix between the old and the new Oliver.

In the comics it's done similarly. He used to be arrogant and cocky before the island, then he comes back and is traumatised but (in the comics) he hides it by being even more cocky and reckless. Then he becomes political and afterwards he becomes very serious (Grell's take on GA witch was a great influence for the first season).
After that (well he has to die and reincarnate for that, but I'm sure they'll find a quicker way :cwink: ) he finds an inner balance. Being arrogant, cocky and reckless is not a mask anymore (like Bruce Wayne) but it's old Ollie making peace with himself. He still remains serious during missions (except if he wants to p***s off an enemy).

Put into the context of the series I think we can have a second season were he embraces his role as a hero (they hinted at that), and slowly gives up his anger and vendetta-driven vigilantism for a higher cause. By doing so he could find inner peace.
Being very cocky and arrogant in this phase would still be a mask (we saw some of that in the 1st season when he is partying, but it could increase because now he wants to show the world even harder that Ollie Queen could never be a selfless hero).
By season three he could have found the balance between the two things, realizing that the funny, arrogant guy (the one Laurel fell in love with) has survived the island just getting rid of his more "a**h***ish" traits.

Well said and agreed. I do imagine the vendetta aspect will take more of a backseat to the more selfless "defending the little guy" version Green Arrow is most known for. If Green Lantern can't be used then I wonder if Oliver's friendship with him will be reworked using the Flash instead. Maybe that will be saved for season 3 since Barry Allen will be getting his powers toward this season's end.

Well said and agreed. I do imagine the vendetta aspect will take more of a backseat to the more selfless "defending the little guy" version Green Arrow is most known for. If Green Lantern can't be used then I wonder if Oliver's friendship with him will be reworked using the Flash instead. Maybe that will be saved for season 3 since Barry Allen will be getting his powers toward this season's end.

I'm actually hoping for a Hal Jordan cameo (without powers. i think they won't let them use GL on TV).
As for Barry...I'd like them to become friends but not like meeega close best superbuddies ;)
In a comic (after Ollie killed the villain who...well...destroyed his city)Flash says he never understood why Hal liked him so much and that he never really liked Ollie. I'd like that: them being friends but with to many differences to let them become best buddies, so that when it comes to a disagreement they can say things like that to each other (without fully meaning it).

Now that would be interesting to see the differences between two of Hal Jordan's best friends,Oliver and Barry . As for an appearance by Jordan,this season maybe but definately by the next I'm sure.

The first i think I would want to change is his attitude and I think that they are trying to do that.
With time passing (a thing you can show better in a TV series than in a movie) I'd like Oliver to get over the terrible experience of the island and become a mix between the old and the new Oliver.

By season three he could have found the balance between the two things, realizing that the funny, arrogant guy (the one Laurel fell in love with) has survived the island just getting rid of his more "a**h***ish" traits.

Same here.

Simular to Blade namely,I think the books will begin to mirror the live action version as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"