If DC had an Infinity War

Tg11

Superhero
Reaction score
Does DC even have anything remotely close to an Infinity War? If they do then that would be pretty cool but if they didn't then for sake of argument who would be there?

Thanos= Darkseid
Iron Man= Batman
Captain America= Superman
Thor= Wonder Woman or Aquaman
Vision= Martian Manhunter
Scarlet Witch= Zatanna
Doctor Strange= Doctor Fate
Spider Man= Shazam
Hulk=
Black Widow= Black Canary
Hawkeye= Green Arrow
Falcon= Hawkman

War Machine= Nightwing

Black Panther= Green Lantern John Stewart or John Henry Irons/Steel

Ant Man= The Atom

They’ve got Darkseid War, Rock of Ages, Final Crisis and The Great Darkness Saga

No.

They have something better in Crisis.

DC should have built a defined multiverse, which led up to a cinematic version of Crisis.
the CW verse has been good about planting the seeds for the multiverse.

I’m surprised the DC fans aren’t more receptive of the CWverse, it’s clear that the creators behind those shows have more reverence for the source material than the directors and writers on the cinematic side. The CW verse just doesn’t have the budget to pull off everything they want to do. But those guys are really looking out for the fans way more than the hacks involved with the DCEU

Hulk can be Solomon Grundy like in the Justice League cartoon.

Crisis on Infinite Earths and Final Crisis.

A DC event of that scale could be amazing, especially after a host of successful underlying films. But it all seems a long way off af this point. Hopefully the upcoming films kick off the upturn in fortunes.

No.

DC should have built a defined multiverse, which led up to a cinematic version of Crisis.

A DC event of that scale could be amazing, especially after a host of successful underlying films. But it all seems a long way off af this point. Hopefully the upcoming films kick off the upturn in fortunes.

I'm a fan of CoIE. To see it done justice on the big screen at some point would be a dream come true, but there's so much back-story to bring in first (to have any emotional weight audiences have to care about the different worlds/heroes at risk), in such a way that it's all worthwhile viewing in its own right and not just full of obvious cannon-fodder. The original Crisis had nigh on fifty years of legitimate story-telling to play with. To do it on film in this DCEU would IMO take at least the ten years it took the MCU to get to Infinity War which would mean 2023 at the earliest.

I know there are fans who favour combining the CW DC shows with the DCEU for a Crisis movie, and yes that would provide a short-cut to other worlds/heroes that audiences are already familiar with potentially reducing the timescale, but honestly I don't see that happening.

I'd love a Crisis movie but I want it done right. I don't watch the Flash TV show, but I remember a lot of disappointment being expressed at the way it handled Flashpoint. I'd rather no Crisis at all than a watered-down attempt at one.

Last edited:
So would I as no CoIE at least means it is still a viable option for the future. This is the kind of thing you have to get right first time.

You got that backwards.

Captain America = Batman
Iron man = Ted Kord
Superman currently has no proxy in the MCU

I'm a fan of CoIE. To see it done justice on the big screen at some point would be a dream come true, but there's so much back-story to bring in first (to have any emotional weight audiences have to care about the different worlds/heroes at risk), in such a way that it's all worthwhile viewing in its own right and not just full of obvious cannon-fodder. The original Crisis had nigh on fifty years of legitimate story-telling to play with. To do it on film in this DCEU would IMO take at least the ten years it took the MCU to get to Infinity War which would mean 2023 at the earliest.

I know there are fans who favour combining the CW DC shows with the DCEU for a Crisis movie, and yes that would provide a short-cut to other worlds/heroes that audiences are already familiar with potentially reducing the timescale, but honestly I don't see that happening.

I'd love a Crisis movie but I want it done right. I don't watch the Flash TV show, but I remember a lot of disappointment being expressed at the way it handled Flashpoint. I'd rather no Crisis at all than a watered-down attempt at one.

My version of the DC multiverse would include every single version of DC characters that you’ve ever seen. Every movie, every tv show, every comic, every video game, every cartoon. There’s your decades of back story that a casual audience would be familiar with. And that would make the MCU look like a very small thing indeed.

And I would do a version of Crisis that would be unique and tailored to that construct.

Thry have the technology these days to involve Reeve’s Superman, or de-age Keaton, or bring back any actor or universe they choose to.

It’d make millions.

I'd have thought it more...

Thanos = Darkseid
Iron Man = Batman
Captain America = Wonder Woman
Thor = Aquaman

Vision = Red Tornado
Scarlet Witch = Zatanna
Doctor Strange = Doctor Fate
Spider Man = Shazam
Captain Marvel = Superman
Hulk = Martian Manhunter
Black Widow = Black Canary
Hawkeye = Green Arrow
Falcon = Hawkwoman
Ant Man = Atom

War Machine = Nightwing

Black Panther = Green Lantern

I'd have thought it more...

Thanos = Darkseid
Iron Man = Batman
Captain America = Wonder Woman
Thor = Aquaman

Vision = Red Tornado
Scarlet Witch = Zatanna
Doctor Strange = Doctor Fate
Spider Man = Shazam
Captain Marvel = Superman
Hulk = Martian Manhunter

Black Widow = Black Canary
Hawkeye = Green Arrow
Falcon = Hawkwoman
Ant Man = Atom

War Machine = Nightwing

Black Panther = Green Lantern

I definitely agree with this list and bringing all these guys and girls together to fight Darkseid would be awesome especially in a shared film universe so I wonder who DC's version of the Guardians of the Galaxy would be

My version of the DC multiverse would include every single version of DC characters that you’ve ever seen. Every movie, every tv show, every comic, every video game, every cartoon. There’s your decades of back story that a casual audience would be familiar with. And that would make the MCU look like a very small thing indeed.

And I would do a version of Crisis that would be unique and tailored to that construct.

Thry have the technology these days to involve Reeve’s Superman, or de-age Keaton, or bring back any actor or universe they choose to.

It’d make millions.
That'd be an interesting way of tackling it. I would have thought it would take some juggling re rights ownership but if any hurdles could be overcome I'd love to see it.

No.

Input "build" into WB automated executive dictionary:

ERROR - DOES NOT COMPUTE!

DANGER - SYSTEMS OVERHEATING!

TAKE COOLING ACTION IMMEDIATELY!

SYSTEM AUTOCORRECT to "BONUS"

ISSUE RESOLVED

Why should DC have an "Infinity War"? And why should they follow Marvel's template, but having the movies lead to a 'big event crisis.' Can't they just put out great movies? Does everything have to be a mirror version of something else? Nah, let's have them follow their own path. There is a Marvel Studios already. I don't need more of the same.

Ugh, I'm so sad we'll never be able to build up to something like the Darkseid War. Adapting that would've been sick. Especially since it's a story that is heavy WW.

Why should DC have an "Infinity War"? And why should they follow Marvel's template, but having the movies lead to a 'big event crisis.' Can't they just put out great movies? Does everything have to be a mirror version of something else? Nah, let's have them follow their own path. There is a Marvel Studios already. I don't need more of the same.

One reason why Marvel has been successful is because they are taking time to properly develop characters and the stories. They are just taking something that usually works in the TV medium. That's something that DC has failed, just throwing the audience into the middle of a story and expecting the audience to do the homework by reading comics.

Why does DC have to follow the TV medium, as well?

The equivalent would obviously be a Justice League: Infinite Crisis movie, but how you get there is another story. I actually think you'd need more films to build up to Crisis than what Marvel produced to get to Infinity War.

Why does DC have to follow the TV medium, as well?
They don't have to, it just helps with building up mega-events which are hard to do straight out of the gate.

I honestly don't think they need mega-events, either. Let movies be movies, let DC be different than Marvel. There's no need for carbon copies.

It's not going to happen now regardless.

I would just like DC to start telling good stories consistently. Then they can worry about connectivity. At this point though, I have little faith in them to do anything of quality outside WW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"