If I did the right thing, then why do I feel guilty?

Well I don't have much new to add that wasn't said by others, but you absolutely did the right thing in calling the police on him.

I do agree with some others that you could have (and should have) done more from the get go. But the fact remains that if you want to find it, good can be found in any situation, even the bad ones.

If you had just taken his keys from him, then he wouldn't learn anything. Things wouldn't have changed for him.

By the outcome of the situation, there is a possibility that he may actually have a wake up call. Hopefully, for his sake.

I agree with what everyone has said you did the best thing by calling the police. While he may suffer for a little bit taking that 12 step class, and being on probation I bet he'll at least think about it before he tries to get behind the wheel drunk again. I had a fraternity brother who was a self professed "professional drunk driver" who died behind the wheel drunk two years ago. While its not the same as losing your blood brother it still hurts me since I'm a only child and my fraternity brothers are just like real ones.

Telling him would change the situation from

"I have a problem, was doing something illegal, got caught and need to change how I live."
to
"My brother called the cops on me, I hate that little prick."

Do not ever tell him it would help nobody.

Last edited:

"I have a problem, was doing something illegal, got caught and need to change how I live."
to

I agree with this thinking as well. You shouldn't tell him. Some things are best left unsaid.

to

HAHA yeah I figured that much. Thanks for the feedback. Ultimately I know I did the right thing.. But damn, you know.. I feel like Judas haha only I am not about to hang myself off an olive tree.

Tonight will be the test for him though. He promised he wouldn't drink... An alcoholic not drinking on new years? I will keep you posted as to what happens.

HAHA yeah I figured that much. Thanks for the feedback. Ultimately I know I did the right thing.. But damn, you know.. I feel like Judas haha only I am not about to hang myself off an olive tree.

Tonight will be the test for him though. He promised he wouldn't drink... An alcoholic not drinking on new years? I will keep you posted as to what happens.

Good luck with that!

you did the right thing, your of corse going to feel alittle guilty since he is a relitive but this could be a turning point for his life. He didnt get fired, he didnt get a dwi, he didnt kill anyone and he didnt end up in a Mexican prison where who knows when he would get out. You did the right thing. Just know that.

Do you live in El Paso, TX by any chance?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"