If I was to buy Gotham Central ?????????

Comics N' Toons

Viva La Revolucion!
Reaction score
As many of you know, I've been a bat-fan for a long time...

However, I've been on this campaign to get away from superheroes and look for other comics (crime/horror)

but, if I was to buy 1 Gotham Central Book, which one is the best?

I'm thinking Unresolved Targets, but wat's your opinion???

I'm still hoping for a Gotham Central collection to come out in trade.

you really could pick up any of them and get into it. Soft Targets has a good joker story.

Wow never seen more then a triple post!Anyways I picked up some GC issues in the dollar bin at my comic shop and loved them.Got #26-27,#29-32.All great.I recently saw that a hardcover of the first 10 issues is being released next month.I'm getting so I think you should start there too.

Damn. I'm going to have to punch someone at the comic store... Thanks for the heads up I'll pick them up soon.

Well, if you punch them like you click your mouse, which is to say repeatedly, they'll be out cold and you'll have your run of the store to grab what you need.

(Unresolved Targets isn't the first book in the series, but it's a great read).

I haven't read Gotham Central in years. I didn't like it at all. There were like 2-3 good issues out of like twenty.

GC is not for everyone. It isn't really a comic book superhero kind of comic so that could automatically turn a lot of people off. However I love Ed Brubakers works so it is definitly a treat for me and Brubaker fans.

GC is not for everyone. It isn't really a comic book superhero kind of comic so that could automatically turn a lot of people off. However I love Ed Brubakers works so it is definitly a treat for me and Brubaker fans.

I liked the concept alot. I like non-superhero comis over superhero comis any day. I just couldn't get into GC. I'm not really a fan of Brubakers work.

I picked them up and I've become a huge fan of Brubakers worked.

They've all been collected already.

Almost. Some of the best Gotham Central issues are not. I find this diabolical, and thwarting, since I've never been able to find the Poison Ivy issue anywhere expect online. And leaving out Huntress and Catwoman! c'mon....

If you ever see these singles anywhere, buy them!

11 - A story told from the point of view of MCU temp Stacy as she writes to her friend Meg about her life in the MCU and her fantasies (including romantic fantasies about Batman).

16-18 - A murder investigation is passed between three different sets of detectives across the three issues, allowing a glimpse into the various lives of the detectives. This story also features The Huntress.

26-27 - A murder investigation in which Catwoman is a suspect is further complicated when Catwoman learns about detective Josie Mac's psychic powers, a secret she has kept from the others at the MCU. This story also features Slam Bradley.

32 - A story told from the perspective of one of the many corrupt police officers of Gotham City. This story features the character Poison Ivy.

via wikipedia

His work on Captain America was excellent.

Seriously. I hated Captain America as a character until I read his run.

I liked the concept alot. I like non-superhero comis over superhero comis any day. I just couldn't get into GC. I'm not really a fan of Brubakers work.

Don't tell me you like Jeph Loeb more...:csad:

11 - A story told from the point of view of MCU temp Stacy as she writes to her friend Meg about her life in the MCU and her fantasies (including romantic fantasies about Batman).

To me, this was the definitive Gotham Central one-shot. Staceeehhh!!!

I know :cmad:

When you look at the missing collected issues though....they all have memorable female appearances (Huntress, Catwoman, Ivy) and/or women at the centre of the story. They don't cross into other arcs, and there's seven of them, just enough for a decent trade. Why the hell can't they be collected into one final volume and we can call it 'Women in Heat' or something dumb like that. seriously wtf

I became a fan of Brubaker during his work on BATMAN and 'tec. I haven't read a Marvel book in years but it's good that they're giving him better exposure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"