What if Batman was poor?

Well obviously he would not be the same person. Any one of us with an alternate past would produce a completly differnt person. This is kinda like the Age of Apocolypse storyline in X men. With the right elements, Bruce Wayne may have become a criminal.

now that i think about it, if batman was poor, wouldn't he just like join the police force?

I'm sure I read somewhere that Bruce Wayne joined the FBI but quit because he realized he'd spend more time tied down with paperwork then fighting crime, and then he went on his quest to gain the knowledge to become Batman.

Or am I just making that up?

In the Denny O-Neil-penned story "There is no hope in Crime Alley", Bruce and Dick are asked by the Phantom Stranger (I believe...) to save a Bruce Wayne on another Earth from losing his parents. Batman manages to stop the killer right in front of Bruce. When he and Dick go back to their own universe, that Bruce was inspired by the Batman he saw to grow up and become Batman... without having lost his parents!

Some call it destiny. I call it justice.

That was an AWESOME story. Except for the part where he confronts LEw Moxon and Moxons subsequent reaction: "Gee! These two caped freaks know that I'm going to have somebody kill Thomas Wayne! I'd better have someone do it as soon as possible so they don't think I had anything to do with it!" What?

Other than that though, it rocked. I love the Phantom Stranger. I personally think a PS television show would be f**king awesome, where he travels around, advising and intervening with heroes or just regular people.

i liked where miller and aronofsky took this concept in their Batman Year One script. don't get me wrong, i'd never want that script to be the actual screen version of batman, but it was a very fun, cool read. a simple, low tech batsuit, a badass hot rod batmobile, and a lot of ass kicking. if they could afford to have "elseworlds" movies, i'd love to see it.

he'd be spawn !

or shadowhawk !

both black guys Huh!?

what a coincidence !

He wouldn't be Batman, and that's really all that matters right?

^ True dat.

I'm not black or anything... I just like their slang words.

do anyone know how any people like Batman villians will be potrayed in this version

Um, it's not actually being made...

He would definatly be Casey Jones lol. A street fighter with no discipline, he would just be beating the crap out of bad guys. He may not have a mask and bat, but he would find anything to fight.......... Or he could just be a paperboy, who grew up to own a newpaper company lol. He could have been anyone, but definitely wouldn't have the resources to become the batman we all know.

In the Denny O-Neil-penned story "There is no hope in Crime Alley", Bruce and Dick are asked by the Phantom Stranger (I believe...) to save a Bruce Wayne on another Earth from losing his parents. Batman manages to stop the killer right in front of Bruce. When he and Dick go back to their own universe, that Bruce was inspired by the Batman he saw to grow up and become Batman... without having lost his parents!
*makes note*

I thought the vid was okay for a fan film, but lacking in a lot of ways. The idea that Bruce was poor could be interesting, if done properly. But only as an aside, for me. The character is great as he is, even with all his faults. And being rich is what gives him entre into the world of criminals he wants to eradicate, anyway.

Um, it's not actually being made...

I liked how Batman was potrayed in Arnofsky's Batman script and Batman Nine lives and this is right up there

I know but if anyone has an idea on how villians might be potrayed if this universe do you have any idea how people like The Joker, Superman, penguin, robin, clayface or Jim Gordan would be potrayed

Oh right, sorry, I wasn't getting, just informing!

It's an interesting prospect, giving a new perspective on characters. Harvey Dent and Bruce Wayne wouldn't have been friends for example. Robin wouldn't have been taken in...

also there wouldn't be many colourful villians, just street thugs. And What would have become of JOker with no batman? Would he still be the joker?

If we use batman begins origin...given that bruce went around the world with not much money...I say he will still end up under Ra's Al Gul training.

For batsuit? Simple...given that so many fans make their own batsuit.

It will be a very simple suit without any high tech equipment.

Intimidate the villians..that is all it will do.

Mabye Joker might be like The Joker in The Dark Knight movie and stories like Frank Miller's Joker, Killing Joke, the first 2 Joker stories, Joker's 5 way revenge, Grant Morrison's Arkham Asylum and Batman#663 and Batman Nine Lives Jack only the Joker might wear paint or no paint. He could be a psycotic serial killer/mob boss

Scarecrow could be a former teacher and now he works at Arkham Asylum but he uses a mixture of various hallucigens and marijuana with an unknown component that makes people afaid and he does what he did in his first appearance and kill people for money and make people scared

Two- Face could be scared be Joker with a knife and has a bullet somewhere. Like Batman Tas he has multiple personality disorder

Frank Miller's Catwoman

Penguin is this mob boss who thinks The Bat Man is getting on his nerves and teams up with someone like Joker or Carimine Falcone

Killer Croc could bbe some circus freak who's really strong and then find work as a street thug

Clayface might be this disfigured gangster or this guy that wear's makeup and is a masterof disguise

for some heroes

Dick might be Bruce's brother who was sent to adoption or a circus kid intrested in The Bat Man and when his parents died needs some help from the vigilante

Jim Gordan might be like how Gordan is potrayed in media

and if they do DC heroes like Superman

Superman could be a mixture of the early seigler and shuster superman, Superman in Superman Brithright, Smallville's Clark Kent, the superman in Superman:Secret Identity and John Bryne/ Tim Sale and Jeph Loeb's Superman for all season. It might be an intersting team up.

I can't take this vid seriously. The Bat Man. Huh. I think it might be an elaborate joke: the punchline being that the creator acted like it was serious.

Those villians could work, but I would see that the villians would remain the same. Bruce's money didn't scar Two-Face, or lead Catwoman to crime, or push Mr. Freeze into cryogenic fluid.

Their relationship would change, for example, one of the most tragic elements of the Batman/Two-Face dynamic is that Harvey Dent used to be Batman's and Bruce Wayne's good friends.

Imagine having to bring down one of your closest friends who has a tragic disfigurement, and, who until weeks ago, had been your principle ally in the fight against crime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"