What if Batman was poor?

ironman29758

Sidekick
Reaction score
This re-telling of the classic character asks the questions: What if Bruce Wayne was poor? How would a normal person rise-up to fight crime in the "real world" Gotham City? Here's a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOBthvllTYQ

Is anyone thinking sequel?!
smile.gif

You know I always wondered why DC comics don't do a year long arc where Bruce Wayne lost his fortune.

Its good stuff. If the Year One script had been close to that it may have had a chance of surviving development hell.

Well if he was poor, i doubt his parents would of got mugged. So he would be a normal boy im guessing?

Well if he was poor, i doubt his parents would of got mugged. So he would be a normal boy im guessing?

Normal people get mugged too. Criminals aren't very smart.

he would have never become Batman.:o

Batman without the cash means Batman without the gadgets. He'd be the Punisher.

The it would be called "Bagman Begins"
Im afraid I don't follow?

Anyways, Bruce wayne without money probably wouldn't end up Batman.
For one, no Alfred. He'd have different guardians which means he wouldn't treck across the world training.

I just don't see how he'd be Batman.

Aside from all the usual fanboy *****ing in this thread, I think the short film is fantastic. Very well done and very interesting. And what i love is that he didn't become Batman, he became The Bat Man if that makes any sense. Great take on it.

Meh, Batman without the money is like Spider-Man without the radioactivity... It wouldn't work. Bruce Wayne is Batman because he can afford to be.

Woah... Batman is odd because of deep rooted psycholog...

Oh wait, just saw hat you did with the smiley there...

Implied sarcasm...

Oh you!

Meh, Batman without the money is like Spider-Man without the radioactivity... It wouldn't work. Bruce Wayne is Batman because he can afford to be.

That's a good take. He is a snob, after all. :woot:

I think he would wear a Halloween mask and smash all criminals with brute force. Or something like that?

What would have been if only his father died and the mother survived?

Interesting question to ask.

I've got a weird British version of a Batman comic where him and Superman are time travelling to important events in their past for some reason. Batman stops the murder and in the 'real' world Ra's takes over and enslaves everyone.

It was kinda weird...

That's a good take. He is a snob, after all. :woot:

I think he would wear a Halloween mask and smash all criminals with brute force. Or something like that?

What would have been if only his father died and the mother survived?

Interesting question to ask.

In the Denny O-Neil-penned story "There is no hope in Crime Alley", Bruce and Dick are asked by the Phantom Stranger (I believe...) to save a Bruce Wayne on another Earth from losing his parents. Batman manages to stop the killer right in front of Bruce. When he and Dick go back to their own universe, that Bruce was inspired by the Batman he saw to grow up and become Batman... without having lost his parents!

Some call it destiny. I call it justice.

Huh, makes sense, in my one he gets visited by Superman and he's *just* doing the playboy bit, but then he realizes that something was missing and joins Superman.

It's a really odd story...

So basically he's Casey Jones from TMNT?

In the Denny O-Neil-penned story "There is no hope in Crime Alley", Bruce and Dick are asked by the Phantom Stranger (I believe...) to save a Bruce Wayne on another Earth from losing his parents. Batman manages to stop the killer right in front of Bruce. When he and Dick go back to their own universe, that Bruce was inspired by the Batman he saw to grow up and become Batman... without having lost his parents!

Wasn't that a story from the early-80s?

"There is no hope in Crime Alley" was a very down-to-earth-story.

Good point.

That sounds like a cool story. You wouldn't happen to know the title name and issue number?

Batman without money....

very interesting concept.

wouldnt he just be the wrath?

He would be Bruce Wayne, he can only have the suit and the cave and the car and the gadgets because of his wealth. He'd be more of a DareDevil if anything...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"