Iron Man 3 If Iron Man 3 gets subpar reviews, but box office is good, will 4th happen?

LeXcalibur

Lord Luthor
Reaction score
it is down to 70 some percent on rottentomatoes at this point. who knows where it will finish. is this going to affect a sequel if it's not well received by critics?

Subpar? It's a 77%, which is higher than IM2, which...as you guessed it, got a sequel.

Studios doesn't really care about the review as long as the movie made a huge amount of money in the B.O.

'Box office good' is all you ever need to continue a franchise.

Obviously. $1.2b means a lot more than a high score on RT. :/

I don't think it's legs are gonna be that good now.

When movies open this big it doesn't really need it.

i guess as long as it does over 600 million they will do sequel. what's more important than money with movies?

I wouldn't be surprised if its down to 60 some perfect tomorrow.

Anyway, as long as the box-office performance is good, they would wanna make more movies.

The short answer is absolutely. With the kind of take this thing is doing, a 4th is as guaranteed as tomorrows sunrise. Reviews mean absolutely, less than squat when there is a profit to be made.

Quality used to be important to them.

The Transformers, Twilight and Pirates franchises all sailed merrily along with certified rotten statuses and billion-dollar cumulative hauls. Iron Man will fly along too, with Disney/Marvel happily banking their billion plus, most critics approving and most viewers satisfied. Really, people get too obsessed over RT.

i was hoping at least one of the sequels would be better than the first iron man. i didn't like the second one at all. the reviews and word of mouth are so so on the third. now i want to see redemption in a 4th one. i hope they do another sequel. if its making money, and the audience is willing to pay for more even with average reviews i say go for it

Obviously. $1.2b means a lot more than a high score on RT. :/

I don't know about 1.2 billion. Star Trek into Darkness, Fast 6 and After Earth all come out in May. IM3 will make a billion but I don't see it making 1.2 billion.

Might not reach there but $1.1 billion and #5 WW all time seem pretty reachable.

I don't know about 1.2 billion. Star Trek into Darkness, Fast 6 and After Earth all come out in May. IM3 will make a billion but I don't see it making 1.2 billion.
I'm rounding up. I think the total will be about on the high end of $1.1b.

$400m domestic and $700m foreign.

To be honest I don't want IM4.

Well brace yourself, that sucker is coming. I wonder where things will go and rather or not RDJ will come back. Obviously its some time down the road, but itll deff be interesting.

Might not reach there but $1.1 billion and #5 WW all time seem pretty reachable.

That depends on the OW. If it's not 160+ million big, then I don't see it making 1.1 billion. Then again, the 3D might carry it there.

there is NOTHING else in box office so i don't see why it can't do at least 800-900 million worldwide. however iron man 2 only did 620 some million worldwide so there is no guarantee that the avengers viewers will automatically see im3

That depends on the OW. If it's not 160+ million big, then I don't see it making 1.1 billion. Then again, the 3D might carry it there.

My prediction is around $150+ million OW. But that's just being conservative. And if the last Potter movie can manage $380 million which is a pretty bad multiplier IM3 is definitely gonna fly past that. So that's $400+ million domestic right there. While overseas has exploded and its gonna be $700+ million. So by the math I'm saying $1.1 billion is assured.

A lot of BO followers think it will open at $170m+. I'm expecting a near $180m opening. Its OS OW surprised, I'm expecting the domestic opening to do the same.

there is NOTHING else in box office so i don't see why it can't do at least 800-900 million worldwide. however iron man 2 only did 620 some million worldwide so there is no guarantee that the avengers viewers will automatically see im3
We're long past that conversation bro.

Only hardcore fans are giving this movie a thumbs down. A lot of people I know from the general audience/non-comic book readers loved it. Many have said it was their favorite of the three.

I personally would give it a solid B or 85%. Not a bad movie, but it had its flaws.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"