• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Dark Knight If Jake Gyllenhaal was cast as Dent would the Brokeback connection bother you ?

theShape said:
The change you made is very nice.

I can't wait until 2008 comes around and you finally jump on the bandwagon after seeing how great Ledger will be. But rest assured, we won't forget this little anti-Ledger campaign of yours. It will haunt you soon enough...
:eek: WHERE DID THE BETTANY FANS GO!?:eek:

holy ****...there gone!

theres no hope anymore:eek: ..........no matter what people will bend over...NOT I,NOT I I TELL YOU!:(

I really haven't seen Gyllenhaal act, so I don't know if he's right for any role, but no, it wouldn't bother me in the least. The media, and the...less accepting people among us would have a field day though - and that would bother me.

xwolverine2 said:

holy ****...there gone!

theres no hope anymore:eek: ..........no matter what people will bend over...NOT I,NOT I I TELL YOU!:(

Alright man, just look like an idiot fanboy all you want. Ledger is pretty much set in stone, and I, as well as others, have accepted the fact, and are ready to enjoy a great BB sequel.

I say save Gyllenhaal for Spiderman movies if they decide to go on with 4 and Tobey doesn't sign on. He is afterall, In Raimi's words, Tobey's replacement. He was actually approached by Raimi and was told that if Tobey's back didn't heal on time, he would be the next Peter Parker.

No,because I know that that was just a role.I mean I am about 100% these two guys are straight.They are both great actors and are both straight and plus I haven't seen Brokeback so overall it won't bother me at all.It would be weird to see both of them in the film together at first if they have scenes together,but after the initial reaction I'd forget about it.

xwolverine2 said:

holy ****...there gone!

Well I am as big a Bettany fan as you would fine and I have no problem with Ledger.

Let me ask you this:

Since when CAN'T a fan of Hulme, Bettany Brody....or whoever the ****....CAN'T be fine with Ledger?

Just cause he's not your choice doesn't give you a license to be a prick over him not being cast. And, it doesn't mean you automatically MUST hate the other guy who got cast.

When I heard Christian Bale and Michael Caine both had roles in The Prestige, I immediatley made the Batman and Alfred connection.

When I heard Hugh Jackman was also in it, my first thought was "Batman vs. Wolverine". I know if I ever see, perhaps, Val Kilmer and Christian Bale in a movie together (i'd like them for Ozymandias and Dr. Manhattan in a Watchmen film), i'd immediately think of the fact that they were both Batmen.

The fact is, when two actors who either acted together before, or played similar roles come together, the connection is made. The general public will without a doubt notice the fact that the Brokeback Mountain stars are reuniting in the Batman movie, and countless jokes will be made. When the two characters interact, it will enter peoples minds that they once saw these two characters making out in a film, and they'll make jokes. It's as simple as that.

Personally, I wouldn't care at all, although I dont like Gyllenhaal for the role in the first place. The connection wouldn't bother me, but the fact that others will make lame comments does. If i'm watching the movie in the theater, see these characters together, and hear some idiot make a Brokeback Mountain joke, it'll greatly upset me.

I would have no problem with Gyllenhaal being in BB2 though I don't think he's ideal for Harvey Dent.

CConn said:
I really haven't seen Gyllenhaal act, so I don't know if he's right for any role, but no, it wouldn't bother me in the least. The media, and the...less accepting people among us would have a field day though - and that would bother me.

watch these..

Donnie Darko
Jarhead

never seen BBM....a movie pretty much based on 2 gay cowboys isn't exactly something I felt like wasting my money on....

Yes because the media would jump on it and give bad buzz to the film...

The same way the 'Superman is gay' crap started just because of Bryan's sexual orientation. It hurt the film.

Silver Lad said:
Yes because the media would jump on it and give bad buzz to the film...

The same way the 'Superman is gay' crap started just because of Bryan's sexual orientation. It hurt the film.

bad press is the best press

do you know how many people knew brokeback mountain was a film about 2 homos?...alot...

do you know how many people went to see it?....even more....

people get curious....it kills them....it kills them not to see it...

I will see it because I know the movie will be greatness and I will have reasonable expectations.....some people will have their expectations somewhere outside the milkyway galaxy.....

mine is somewhere around Mars

:doom:

No it wouldn't bother me one bit, they are actors who suppose to do their jobs. I don't want Gyllenhaal as DA but if Nolan does chooses him, I Trust In Nolan.

That sounds funny... I´m sure Nolan wouldn´t make them a gay couple, but the difference would be lost on some people´s heads...

look . . . I don't have anything against gays, and I actually thought Brokeback Mountain was a great film . . . but I don't want the stigma that the media and homophobes enacted on that film associated w/ Batman in any way . . . . because there are a LOT of immature people who didn't give that movie a chance, and the jokes would just be directed towards Batman . . . NO to Gyllenhal

hunter rider said:
Ok so we have seemingly got Ledger as The Joker and already the silly "brokeback bat" stuff has started so my question is simple,would it bother you if they escalated the situation by casting his onscreen BF from Brokeback as Harvey Dent ?
I voted No but part of me says yes because i know there tons of people who are going to dwell on this and like with SR it could affect how people view the film inspite of the quality.

it´s weird, batfans talking about gay people, come on this is not the problem here, i think jake could be a great harvey dent, he´s a verey good actor, donnie darko it´s huge movie. it´s one of my preferred.

and of course i trust in Nolan.

Don´t you?:confused:

www.donniedarko.com/

Joe Kerr said:
Brian Singer is Gay???
wow... i didnt know that!:eek:

heh . . . you didn't even have an inkling? Just look at how frail he is, and the slight 'gay-man' lisp . . . . not to mention this pic of him:

singer-bryan.jpg

i would not have any problem with jake gyllenhaal as harvey, and i agree with Vernus, u gotta watch donnie darko and in some of the scenes, u can just see him looking all crazy and psychotic like Harvey Dent should be.

Two Face said:
No it wouldn't bother me one bit, they are actors who suppose to do their jobs. I don't want Gyllenhaal as DA but if Nolan does chooses him, I Trust In Nolan.

OK...you trust in nolan, but if he chooses him?:confused:

colossus96 said:
i would not have any problem with jake gyllenhaal as harvey, and i agree with Vernus, u gotta watch donnie darko and in some of the scenes, u can just see him looking all crazy and psychotic like Harvey Dent should be.

I agree with Vernus and colossus96.

:up:

i think it would turn into a big joke.. bad idea.

hunter rider said:
Fair enough but that isnt the question
But it is my answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"