If Matthew Vaughn directed an MCU movie, who should be the main character

Batmannerism

Super-unknown
Reaction score
Okay, so I'm a big Matthew Vaughn fan. XMFC was my favorite X-film, I loved Kick Ass and Kingsman, I feel like the guy has a real talent for comic book films.

Soooooo, if Vaughn could be lured into directing a film about a particular Marvel character or team, who should it be.

Personally, I'm not sure. My first thought is Spider Man, or maybe the Fantastic Four, but I think he could handle any of Marvel's top characters.

What do you think Marvel fans (btw - I'm going to through Fox or Sony characters who really should be part of the marvel universe, sure not technically MCU, but really WGAF ? To me, Marvel is Marvel....yeah okay.

Anyway, over to you guys......go !

He was once attached to Thor.

I would imagine he would pull off a solid Punisher film.

The first one that immediately came to mind was Daredevil.

Ant-Man because the character needs it, the first movie was extremely bland.

I think we definitely would've gotten a much better Spider-Man than the disappointment Homecoming was for me. That being said, I think he'd be a perfect director for Deadpool or Punisher.

I'd also be interested in what a Blade movie would look like from him.

I said Hulk. The guy is great with stylized violence and mayhem (see Kingsman and Kickass)

This (imo) rules out more than half the list. I'd say Widow or Punisher except that I dont think he does the dark and brooding quite as well.

so therefore HULK!

I vote for The New Warriors or some young up and coming mutant team. He tends to do well with films that have to do with young protagonists

Ghost Rider? Blade? Maybe a smaller property that he would have a bit more freedom with.

Matt Vaughn directing an MCU Fantastic Four movie...the stuff of dreams.

The Thor script while he was attached as director sounded fantastic. But I'm not sure we need his misogyny in the MCU

The Thor script while he was attached as director sounded fantastic. But I'm not sure we need his misogyny in the MCU

What is this based on? Also, link to that script/description of script.

I'd love to see a Fantastic Four film directed by him.

I would take him to a more grounded hero, I Chose Falcon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"