World If Spider-Man were to get animated movies, what would you like to see?

Mistah K88

Civilian
Reaction score
I was watching some of the animated adaptations of Batman storylines (Hush, Gotham by Gaslight, Killing Joke, Dark Knight Returns, etc) and started to wonder why Spider-Man hasn’t had any of some of his more famous storylines adapted in an animated format. While it can be mentioned that Marvel most likely won’t do any animated adaptations with Spider-Man any time soon (as I think Sony still controls animated movies of the character), I am definitely interested to see what storylines and runs you would like to be animated that will probably never see the light of day outside of comic-dom otherwise.

We might have some loose adaptations every now and then in some of the animated series like Spider-Man the Animated Series’ "Make a Wish/Attack of the Octobot” (Kid Who Collected Spider-Man) and Spectacular Spider-Man’s Engineering 101 arc (Master Planner Saga), Marvel’s Spider-Man’s Superior arc (Superior Spider-Man) etc, but we’ve never had any animated movies of some of Spider-Man’s greatest hits. What storylines or runs would you prefer to have an animated adaptation? We all know that the adaptations don’t have to be 1:1 on the comic storylines so they could either make changes to clean up, or keep us on our seats.

One animated movie I'd want to see is a sequel to the Spectacular Spiderman cartoon.

Other than that, just a sequel to Spiderverse.

One animated movie I'd want to see is a sequel to the Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon.
We're way past the point of no return with that show. Unlike Young Justice which is still financed by the very same backers, the Spectacular Spider-Man is a monster under too much licensing nightmare and scrutiny.

We're way past the point of no return with that show. Unlike Young Justice which is still financed by the very same backers, the Spectacular Spider-Man is a monster under too much licensing nightmare and scrutiny.
Yeah man, it is quite unfortunate how the spectatular spiderman cartoon is all tangled up in a web of hollywood politics. actually, since the sky is the limit with the spiderverse movies, as I mentioned the only other thing i want is a sequel to that which sony just announced, maybe they can find a way to continue ssm's story that way? as another universe?

although i'd like to see more of its own story told before crossovers tbh

I would like to see more of Dr. Octopus's stories, especially the sense of that he is physically overwhelming and the parallels and some empathy between Peter and him.

The Mantlo Spectacular and DeFalco/Frenz runs, especially the mix of Peter having the symbiote, being with Felicia (and Mary Jane learning his identity) and the Hobgoblin and Felicia making deals with Kingpin.

I would love to see an adaptation of Torment and The Night Gwen Stacy Died.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"