Marvel's Spider-Man Coming to Disney XD

Discussion in 'Spidey-World' started by BatsDC, Oct 8, 2016.

1. UltimateWebhead

UltimateWebhead Black's the new Red&Blue

The show has some moments worth mentioning but overall it's not an improvement over USM. And the voice for Spidey is not good imo. He sounds to whiny and hyper.

But...you saying the new episodes were fun might be reason enough for me to check them out.

2. Spider-Aziz

Spider-Aziz Raul Boston's Dish Gaunt

You will hate the segment with Hammerhead's son and a singer in episode 1.

3. Spider-Aziz

That one lady that voiced both the wife of Peter Parker and his first true love also voiced female Doctor Octopus.

4. Spider-Aziz

I do not know what to say about these new Wake Riders, I think I'm unfamiliar with them, but they kinda use an idea from Web of Spider-Man 1 (1985 series) with the Vulturions, and a bit from the stunt morons in Spider-Man Unlimited (2004 series) issue 8.

5. UltimateWebhead

I'm recording the new episodes. Like always, I'll give it a chance.

6. Kev4000

Kev4000 Well-Known Member

I dont like Eddie Brocks style here.

7. Spider-Aziz

There is one word to describe this week's episode, and it starts with the first letter of spider.

Hint; it's not a complimentary one.

8. GamerSlyRatchet

GamerSlyRatchet Well-Known Member

Are you talking about the Ms. Marvel episode? Yeah, I'm not a fan of what they did to her character, and I always hate it when they write Spidey as a dumbass fawning over the Avengers.

I was surprised they had a bit of ship-tease between Peter and Kamala considering these past two Spider-Man shows have been very anti-romance.

9. spiderman2

spiderman2 Well-Known Member

This show is better then the show before but that is not saying much has that was like the worst spiderman show ever. This show is not that good either though. Most of season 1 was really bad but got pretty good towards the end of the season like the last 5 episodes or something. Now season 2 so far has gone back to the crap level that most of season 1 was before it got good towards the end.

10. Spider-Aziz

Indeed, unless they happened to release two episodes this week and I missed it.

11. Kev4000

Kev4000 Well-Known Member

Was the Venom Episode aired?
    Any Reviews from you, guys?

12. Spider-Aziz

It's an ok episode, with the most rushed development for Venom, and stupid decisions made by both Peter and Miles.

13. Spider-Aziz

Aunt May's voice actress is still bad.

14. Lantern Venom

Lantern Venom Lego SUCKS

I hate to say this, but this show is worse than Ultimate. It really feels directionless and flat.

15. Spider-Aziz

I said it a few times in the past.

16. Spider-Aziz

"Nope. I can't take two of him." bit was brilliant.

17. GamerSlyRatchet

I hate that this show pretty much just stuck JJ as the "fake news guy" and that's it, but that moment killed me.

18. Spider-Aziz

You've gotta be kidding me. With plenty of great stories to choose from, they choose to give Dying Wish the priority of being adapted.

19. UltimateWebhead

I'm pretty sure Dan Slott is a consultant for this show.

20. Spider-Aziz

I know he is, but still, wow.

Anyway, I thought of the Broken Bat portion of the Fallen Knight event with Batman before thinking of the Sinister Six annual from Amazing Spider-Man.

21. GamerSlyRatchet

Yeah, this show has been mostly Slott's greatest hits. :oldrazz:

To be fair, they have been hinting at them adapting Superior Spider-Man before the show even premiered.

22. Spider-Aziz

I remembered that a couple of days after making that post, and still shake my head over the idea.

Feels like this show is compensating for the lack of its existence in season 4 of Ultimate.

23. Spidey_62

Spidey_62 This is so not spandex

Finally caught up on the first half of the 2nd season and I enjoyed it. Lots of fun villains show up, lots of Superior setup, the Eddie Venom episodes were enjoyably creepy and Eddie has really terrible motivations which they poke at how flimsy they are (I skipped the Venom episode last season and watching these justified that skippage because Venom existing before with other hosts hardly is even brought up haha). Already gets points over Ultimate for me just for including Eddie, those episodes were so much more interesting to me than the early Venom episodes from Ultimate.

Lots of influence from the Slott run on this show already but especially so in the 2nd season so far. If that doesn't sound appealing to you then you may not like it, but if you want to give it a shot you may enjoy it. I feel like the show got a lot of focus honestly after feeling kinda just there at the beginning, mostly with how much Doc Ock took over the show as the main villain and has been driving things along. Interested to see their take on Superior next.

24. GamerSlyRatchet

I'm kind of mixed on it. I liked how the show in season one had multiple subplots being developed and had multiple Big Bads (Norman Osborn, Jackal, and Doc Ock) running around. Ever since "Spider-Island", though, they dropped that. Season two is a bit more simplistic in its storytelling, and though Doc Ock is easily the show's best villain, it's kind of annoying how he's the sole main villain, while Osborn and Jackal are flat-out gone.

Probably my favorite arc was the "Bring On the Bad Guys" one, even if it was mostly just loosely-connected vignettes. Seeing a bunch of villains getting introduced like that was fun. Eddie Brock was fine, but the Venom voice was really bad. It didn't sound terrifying at all. Again, I'm not a huge fan of how Jameson is portrayed, even if slightly-better than in USM.

25. Spidey_62

Spidey_62 This is so not spandex

Yeah, it's overall fun if a bit lacking in depth. Still I'd say it fares a little better than Ultimate Spider-Man in telling serialized stories. I remember when Loeb took over and put a firm stance against shows like that and slowly Ultimate Spider-Man became more like what he said it wouldn't be lol.

I swear in USM JJJ only appeared physically in person for one episode out of the whole show (and why get JK Simmons to voice him if you just have him rant on the jumbotron 99% of the time?), so having him show up more often here is a step up even if he's one-note. I liked the bit with Chameleon and JJJ and Spidey just punching one, that stuck with me. I hope towards the end of the 2nd season Norman returns, I imagine they'll pull him out for the finale again to go full on Green Goblin. Crazy it's already taken longer for the Green Goblin to show up in this show than it took in the 90s cartoon.